• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Been scammed by a Cyprus Broker? New instructions from CySEC

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
Cysec hasn't had the best reputation for dealing with bad brokers. I am happy to see some signs of improvement.

If you've been scammed by a Cysec regulated broker, here are some new instructions from Cysec...

ANNOUNCEMENT

On the occasion of the full operation of the Financial Ombudsman of the Republic of Cyprus, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (the "CYSEC") would like to remind the public and all stakeholders on the way complaints against Cyprus Investment Firms ("CIF") are handled.

Investors who consider that they have any disputes with CIFs, for which they are claiming damages, are encouraged to consider submitting their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Address: 13 Lord Byron Avenue, 1096 NICOSIA
Phone: 22848900 (main number)
Facsimile (Fax): 22660584, 22660118
E-mail:
• Complaints: complaints@financialombudsman.gov.cy
• Financial Ombudsman: fin.ombudsman@financialombudsman.gov.cy

It is important to stress that the CYSEC has no restitution powers. Therefore any complaints submitted to CYSEC are taken into consideration in the performance of its supervisory mandate.

Nicosia 22 October, 2015

Original announcement on Cysec's site.

If you've been scammed, complain to the Cyprus FInancial Ombudsman for restitution. Complain to Cysec to try to get them to force the company to change.

Special thanks to L.Z. for bringing this to my attention.

I must say - I did wonder a lot when Greg partnered up with a Cyprus Broker for his Knowledge To Action / Learn To Trade company

"On 15.JUL.2015 I was trading EUR/ CAD pair at UFX and I made 7571.36 USD profits. The same day I get email from their employee (VikyG@ufx.com), they deleted my profit (7571.36 USD), in connection to section 9.6 terms and conditions.

So they claim there was "NO QOUTE" on the market in the time of my trading.

NO QUOTE means I couldnt open deal, but I did, so they are wrong!!"

IS THIS STORY TO REPORT??

"On 15.JUL.2015 I was trading EUR/ CAD pair at UFX and I made 7571.36 USD profits. The same day I get email from their employee (VikyG@ufx.com), they deleted my profit (7571.36 USD), in connection to section 9.6 terms and conditions.

So they claim there was "NO QOUTE" on the market in the time of my trading.

NO QUOTE means I couldnt open deal, but I did, so they are wrong!!"

IS THIS STORY TO REPORT??

Try to attach more details , if possible screenshot with account number details. All online brokers are money makers. At that time UFX wasn't ready to counter your trade and deleted your profit. If you would loss in such trade they wouldn't delete it for sure. I am curious ..how much you deposited in your account? $7571 profits in a single trade Imao :D. These brokers obtained cheating public licence from moron authorities. Try to trade directly with Bank . Be it in your country or overseas or CFTC approved USA brokers.

Try to attach more details , if possible screenshot with account number details. All online brokers are money makers. At that time UFX wasn't ready to counter your trade and deleted your profit. If you would loss in such trade they wouldn't delete it for sure. I am curious ..how much you deposited in your account? $7571 profits in a single trade Imao :D. These brokers obtained cheating public licence from moron authorities. Try to trade directly with Bank . Be it in your country or overseas or CFTC approved USA brokers.

I didnt deposit much, I just know how to trade :p...

I got every dollar from them until now, but since then they are just deleting trades... OFF QUOTES - I dont think so!!!

I must say - I did wonder a lot when Greg partnered up with a Cyprus Broker for his Knowledge To Action / Learn To Trade company
Not surprising, considering, at one stage, he used to trade with MFGlobal of Jon Corzine fame! Not that Greg's like Corzine, but maybe he has a knack for selecting bad brokers? To be fair,though, at that time all the 'big boys' were with MFGlobal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back