• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Been scammed by a Cyprus Broker? New instructions from CySEC

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Financial Ombudsman has very little meaning or nothing at all. See this decision which Banc de Binary are simply ignoring and I don't get reimbursed without going to the court.

Investor protection in Cyprus is a big shame for EU and Israel too.

Attachments

• Ombudsman decision .pdf
    648.7 KB · Views: 47
Everyone in EU should know this. Regulated by Cysec means that companies like Banc de Binary are informing local Ombudsmen in EU of "providing financial services" as they have renamed robbery. They are NOT regulated in any country in EU except Cyprus of course and they would never get license anywhere else.

Cyprus is a dangerous gate for these companies to get access into Europe where people believe they are protected because of EU-license.

I had a long conversation with the Ombudsman of Finland about this. They dont want to believe this but they said at least BdB should follow MiFiD. Needless to say that they would be closed after one week under control of Finnish authorities.

Don't give up on the Cyprus Ombudsman just yet. It's only made a handful of rulings so far, and BDB is trying to test them. Instead of spending time saying "The Ombudsman is useless", get in touch with Cysec and the Ombudsman and make very sure that everyone in both organizations knows exactly how Banc de Binary is ignoring an Ombudsman ruling.

When I look at license suspencion of UBFS 13.12. I would say Banc de Binary cannot be far from that at the moment.

Yes the Ombudsman is now starting to give decisions and BdB and others are testing their limits. I am confident Demetra and the Ombudsman will show those.

The Financial Ombudsman has very little meaning or nothing at all. See this decision which Banc de Binary are simply ignoring and I don't get reimbursed without going to the court.

Investor protection in Cyprus is a big shame for EU and Israel too.

Same thing happened to me... I just get the same answer, the UFX gave to the Financial Ombudsman...

MONEY ON CYPRUS IS LOST MONEY!!!!!

just wonder; I am a newbee and have to ask someone in this forum
I am one of the persons that have been stupid enough to put some investments into Optionrally.eu.
I have tried to get help from the Winchargback lawyers, with no results.
I while ago a person called on my phone saying he was representing Cyprus Legal services, Thomas Mathis.
I said they had every proof needed to get my investments back to me, and that they have found an account with 25 millions Euro in a hidden acount in A Cyprus bank.
Thomas Mathis is delivering my docs to the liqidator who will translate all proofs to Greek language and give theese proofs to a judge.
They say everything is already payd for and you just have to pay for translating and paperwork.
Now I have been fooled before and are afraid this is also some tricks from a criminal person or company.
Have anyone heared about this person, ore Cyprus legal services ? I just wonder ?

just wonder; I am a newbee and have to ask someone in this forum
I am one of the persons that have been stupid enough to put some investments into Optionrally.eu.
I have tried to get help from the Winchargback lawyers, with no results.
I while ago a person called on my phone saying he was representing Cyprus Legal services, Thomas Mathis.
I said they had every proof needed to get my investments back to me, and that they have found an account with 25 millions Euro in a hidden acount in A Cyprus bank.
Thomas Mathis is delivering my docs to the liqidator who will translate all proofs to Greek language and give theese proofs to a judge.
They say everything is already payd for and you just have to pay for translating and paperwork.
Now I have been fooled before and are afraid this is also some tricks from a criminal person or company.
Have anyone heared about this person, ore Cyprus legal services ? I just wonder ?
Sound like they want to scam you,don't deal with them and i never heard about Thomas Mathis from Cyprus legal service.Try to contact Winchargeback again,they handle more than 30 cases per/month,i think you in que

http://www.mcit.gov.cy/mcit/cyco/cyconsumer.nsf/All/61B5BD1995FCC8AEC2257FE10041A995?OpenDocument

Misleading and aggressive practicesYou are protected against 2 main categories of unfair commercial practices:

· misleading practices, either through action (giving false information) or omission (leaving out important information)

· aggressive practices that aim to bully you into buying.

The Black List – unfair practices which are always prohibited

· The Black List makes it easy to identify commercial practices that are prohibited in all circumstances.

· If a practice appears on the list, it is automatically considered unfair.

Protection of vulnerable consumersTraders may not use practices that exploit vulnerable consumers, such as children and people suffering from illness or addictions. For example, it is illegal to pressure children to buy a product or to use 'pester power' tactics to get them to persuade their parents to buy it.

………..hum, so they say

""DearMr. _______ ,

In reply to your e-mail received on the 29th of October 2015 we are forwarding to you attached to this e-mail the complaint submission form, which you have to print it and fill it according to the general information found on the first page of the form.
The Complaint Form can be submitted by e-mail and must beaccompanied by a receipt of payment of the fee of twenty euro (€20).
If you have anyquestions when completing your application please do not hesitate to contact the Financial Ombudsman Office for any further clarifications, office phone number +357 22848900
Thank you
Financial Ombudsman Office""

This is their answer - first pay 20 EUR then they will see...
...I have been recently corresponding with the Financial Ombudsman regarding an offending brokerage in Cyprus. Yes I initially forwarded emails to CYSEC but soon discovered as stated on the website that the Financial Ombudsman should be sought for client restitution & CYSEC conducted a supervisory mandate as a regulator. I have as yet to begin a thread on my broker in the Scam Alerts Folder. The financial ombudsman requires in addition to the 20 EUR fee that the CIF one is complaining about acknowledges receipt of your complaint by providing you with a Unique Reference Number. Matters cannot be pursued further without both requirements being fulfilled. As it is in my particular case my CIF has chosen to make only investigative phone calls or communicate via SKYPE/text only. Personnel involved have not responded to my emails & requests for this U.R.N. hence I have no other option but to follow through now with FPA procedure which I am truly grateful for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back