Being scammed by the trader Evelyn Meida at VPE Berlin

John Mitsou

Recruit
I was scammed by the trader named Evelyn Meida.
At the end of 2010 I openned a forex managed accounts with the VPE investment bank in Berlin, Germany.This was a low risk programm managed by the trader E. Meida (from Jakarta). One of the rules was that the max DD should not exceed 25%. The broker (VPE inv. bank) presented E. Meida as being a highly skilled, Ph.D holder trader and reliable person. I experienced a catastrophic trading losing the 25% in a very short time. I reacted and asked from the broker to stop the trading. The VPE director in berlin (A. Douedari)then presented to me a letter of guarantee from the trader asking from me to allow more trading and in case of additional loss he would REFUND the money. Eventually he lost ~55% of my capital (about 16K in euros) and although he admitted the amount of payment (6.110,36 euros). He has been asking from me to postpone the payment many times and eventually disappeared.
After many efforts E. Meida agreed to refund this money with monthly instalments of 1000 euros each. On the 5th of April 2011 he paid the first instalment of 1000 euros. He never paid the second one (5th of May) and he asked again for a delay, promissing that until 20th of June 2011 he would refund the rest of the money (~5.000 euros) which he never did. He dissapeared again without giving any explanation neither giving a new date for the payment.
VPE has quitted the collaboration with him and they told me that they can do nothing to bring my money back. I am willing to take any possible legal action againt this professional scammer and through him out of the trading world.

-----------

LETTERS OF GUARANTEE:
The following 2 letters of guarantee were send (5/11/2010 & 19/11/10) by E. Meida to me through A. Douedari, director of VPE INV. BANK in Berlin.

1) Hello,

please find Meida's reply to me:

"I am sorry about this situation that made you busy to answer the client. But as a trader I know this situation and I face it for a long time. And nothing to worry. 30% the limits will not be reached.And this is my guarantee for you and for the clients who need the guarantee.

If we lose 30% from the equity, I will repay the client 50% from the loss.

But, please give me the time to prove my capability to handle this situation at least until the end of this month.
As I inform you in my previous email, I ever hold the positions for more than 1 month and this is the situation.

So, please be patient, we will make profit. This is very common on forex market. Don't be nervous, if we are nervous we will lose"

of course I understand what you are saying Mr. Mitsou and I told the trader too but doesn't his reply and guarantee show a high level of responsibility?

A. Douedari, Director Berlin

vPE WertpapierhandelsBank AG | Global Financial Services, Sales & Account Management

Glinkastrasse 34-36, D-10117 Berlin, Germany

P +49 30 340 600 2102 | F +49 30 340 600 2104

Startseite - vPE AG | a.douedari@vpeag.de

2)
Von: Evelin Meida [mailto:evmeida_id@yahoo.co.id]
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. November 2010 13:55
An: A. Douedari
Betreff: Bls: POA Meida

please inform mr. mitsou, I take the responsibility for the another loss of the trade for his account if we are loss. I know i will not happen.
Thank you,
EM

A. Douedari, Director Berlin

vPE WertpapierhandelsBank AG | Global Financial Services, Sales & Account Management

Glinkastrasse 34-36, D-10117 Berlin, Germany

P +49 30 340 600 2102 | F +49 30 340 600 2104

Startseite - vPE AG | a.douedari@vpeag.de

Reuters: P0E

License: BaFin - SEC - EdW - FINRA

BaFin-Reg.Nr.: 115868

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München

Registergericht München HRB 123226

Steuernummer: 143/101/81006

Last edited:
Ah, I see the letters of guarantee have been added to your original posting.

Since VPE was involved with these letters of guarantee, I'd suggest asking them how this doesn't obviously imply their involvement. VPE should be actively helping you demand that the guarantee be fulfilled.

I strongly recommend giving the account manager and VPE a firm deadline of 1 week to resume paying you. If not, report this incident to all those regulators that VPE is registered with.

Make sure to post any reply they give. If there's no reply within 1 week, then post that info.

VPE bank have supported me for a long time in my effort to have my money back. The Berlin director A. Douedari has given a lot of pressure to this scammer. As a result of this E. Meida has returned 1000 euros last May and it is about 5166 more for refunding.
They have also kicked this scammer out of their business, as I was told. Evemtually VPE has given up saying that they can nothing more.
So I am not sure if it is fair to move against VPE for that issue.

VPE was involved in getting you connected to this trader. How can you be 100% sure that VPE isn't connecting new clients to this trader while pretending to be outraged over how you are being treated?

If VPE is innocent, bringing this to the attention of regulators will do no harm. If they broke any regulations in this arrangement, then they need to be held accountable. Either way, reporting the incident to regulators and naming all the parties involved will give everyone additional motivation to fix the problem quickly.

Of course, I am not a 100% sure. But I was told so by A. Douedari, my account manager, Director in Berlin. I have a good communication with him I am still working with him and I feel that he has no reason to lie on me for that issue.

You are right, I agree to report the incidence. How can I find out who are the regulators and their contact details?

Contact VPE's support and pretend to be a potential new client who wants to open an account. Ask them who they are regulated by. Ask for a link to the page on the regulator's site that shows they are registered. Once you are on the regulator's site, it should be easy to find contact or complaint information.

Back