Best "demo" solutions for paper trading?

Kevin Morgan

Recruit
I'm using a GFT demo account right now. It expires in another 2 weeks. I would like to paper trade for 6 months to a year (or more, depending on results!). Any suggestions as to the best way to do this? My most critical need is decent real-time data feed with charts; I don't use any indicators so richness of features isn't important to me (trend line drawing is though). Since I'm focused on longer term trading, this in theory could be sufficient, though I'd prefer to have all the features of a full demo account so I don't have to keep my own records, and so that I get some sense of "where I'd actually be filled at" (I realize demo accounts aren't necessarily all that accurate in that regard!).

Suggestions? Thanks,

-Kevin

Last edited:
Okay, I've found MT4 and that looks pretty good for what I want...is this generally considered the "best" demo trading solution for the longer term?

I use the Metatrader 4 platform and find it very easy to work with. It is a very well established platform that has become very popular recently with traders that use EA's and contains a nice MetaEditor section. Support is also readily available.

For what you have said you want to do this platform will easily attain that task.

MT5 is in beta trials at the moment you may want to try that out as it will be replacing MT4 eventually anyway.

Download here:

News / MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Back