• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Best Forex Broker/s

Hi Nancy,

no, I didn´t hear nor investigate about these persons. But that´s maybe because I just don´t care....

Regards, Stony

If you want to choose a good broker then there are so many things you have to keep in your mind.
When choosing a forex broker there are many factors to take into account.
- Trust
- Experience
- References from past clients
- Level of success
- Amount of advice to be given
- Convenience
- Amount of margin offered
- Speed
All of the above are of course important. In any financial transaction it is important to trust the broker you work with. This trust is garnered by the experience level the broker has. Of course there are some new brokers starting out who are quite trustworthy, but most people would rather work with an experienced broker. For that reason most new brokers attach themselves to a firm where they can be mentored and gain experience.

I've received many reports from my friends that many platforms are slow almost the whole of last week.

When this happens, is there normally a problem with the connection or is there normally a problem with the platform?

Regards.

Last edited:
Slow platforms?

Hi Nancy,

I did not see any significant slow down of my platforms last week (I´m trading with 3 English and American brokers; I live in Germany).
Usually execution slows down when the markets get very busy.

Regards,

Stony

Everybody, can anybody recommend a reputable and good forex broker in the Philippines? I was planning on opening in ODL after seeing their ads in Bloomberg, but after reading all the negative stuff here about them and other brokers, I have become unsure to open an account w somebody who has no office here, and I don't see personally.

By the way, I'm a returnee after taking a break for a decade, as I threw away my previous account in a broker firm here in the Philippines (they have been raided by law enforcement authorities some time ago, so I guess I won't be able to open another account w them!)

I'm trying out the local stock market, and it just sucks and not as action packed as the world market!

Playing w demo accounts is not fun and worrysome without actual money involved!!

Give as much details and advice as possible. I need to open an account immediately before the market leaves me behind already.

PS: Please give reputable and recommended brokers for all securities: forex, equities, securities, bonds, commodities, futures, etc. Please justify all your recommendations and suggestions.

Last edited:
I've received many reports from my friends that many platforms are slow almost the whole of last week.

When this happens, is there normally a problem with the connection or is there normally a problem with the platform?

Regards.

Hi Nancy,

Connection problem is one of the major issue for Malaysia Traders. The most stable internet is streamyx. I don't suffer any connection issue last week. I'm running 3 MT4, one from US, one from Cyprus and one from UK. Make sure don't use the wireless broadband, it is not suitable for online trading.

Thanks everyone for your opinion.

By the way, does anyone here have anything to say, both good or otherwise, about Dukascopy?

Last edited:
Back