• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Best Forex Broker/s

By the way, does anyone here have anything to say, both good or otherwise, about Dukascopy?

Hi Nancy,

recently I read some bad reviews about Dukascopy, concerning customer service, support, spread and execution. Since I know that you have been trading with Dukascopy for several months now, my question is: have you noticed substantial deterioration in their performance during the last weeks?

Thanks and happy trading,

Stony

Seriously speaking, all my past withdrawals have been smooth.

As for it's customer service and live support, it's been also well above par.

It's spread (for the EUR/USD pair of course) is also consistent and all my executions have also been performed instantly.

Apart from the bad weather here in Malaysia lately which does affect my internet connection, I don't see anything wrong with Dukascopy (Suisse) SA as of now.

Regards.

Last edited:
KISHORE M & the rest

Hi Nancy

Don't be taken up by these guys in Malaysia. I did attend his course which lasts for 2 1/8 days. Basically he justs rushes through the notes that he hands out and on the last night he conducts a "live" trade. No big deal. If we are fresh, won't be able to catch up. Even after the course we students are still blur. No reply to any email posted to him. Looks like they are just after your course fee. Basically too much crammed in the 2 days. I would suggest not to waste your money attending the course. Even the follow ups promised did not materalise.

I m now still groping by myself. Need any of the stuff do not mind sharing.
I m a M'sian from Ipoh. All the best Nancy.

I'll be visiting Saxo Bank (Singapore) in two weeks' time to really see for myself and understand them thoroughly because my very first input shall be USD 20k.

I don't want to deposit my hard-earned funds into a broker which I can't visit.

Being a Malaysian, Singapore is the nearest I believe.

Does anyone have anything to say, both good and bad, about Saxo bank (Singapore) please?

Regards.
Trading with a bank is only 'safe' (as in you only lose from your own mistakes) if your government guarantees your deposit. The problem is that most banks have a spread of about one US cent...in Forex we call that 'a big figure' for a good reason.
I totally understand the perspective of wanting to trade with a bank, especially if you're dealing with money that you don't reasonably expect to get for the rest of your life (like an estate inheritance.)
On the internet, however, the spread is about four hundredths of a cent, but it's leveraged.
What am I talking about?
The bank's spread of one cent, or whatever, means that you not only have to be correct in your guess that one currency is going to go up in value, but that it will go up by one cent or more...and that's because it's the only way to make a profit.
Second, on the internet, you're leveraged because you have to buy in lots of 100K, 10K or whatever, rather than just physically buying that currency with your own cash. If you buy another currency with your own cash, you still have an asset that is worth more that zero (unless you bought Zimbabwe's currency in Jan '08 and wanted to cash out in Dec. '08). If you leverage in the sense of on the internet (which means you actually take out a loan instantaneously with the intent of cancelling out the loan and making or paying the difference) you can end up with zero. That said, if you treat your online account as a 1:1 leveraged account (that means that you buy a 10K lot and have 10K in your account, and you only have a maximum of one lot at a time) and have good money management skills, your chances of making a substantial profit exceed taking a similar approach at the bank by literally twenty five times (one cent spread to four hundredth of a cent spread).
Other than that, do your research, especially on this site.

Seriously speaking, all my past withdrawals have been smooth.

As for it's customer service and live support, it's been also well above par.

It's spread (for the EUR/USD pair of course) is also consistent and all my executions have also been performed instantly.

Apart from the bad weather here in Malaysia lately which does affect my internet connection, I don't see anything wrong with Dukascopy (Suisse) SA as of now.

Regards.

How's execution with this broker in fast markets?

Who is the best Forex Broker?

I really want to understand this post in it’s entirey.
Let’s see hmm. Title:
“Best Forex Broker/s”, Originator, Nancy Cheah
stats:
Replies: 44
Views: 2727
(as of 12-27-09)
This is a good project. For the knowing of what has been said.
Lets not forget the point:
“Best Forex Broker/s”
This is what I want to know.
Who is the best Forex Broker?
How do we answer this question?

If you are not able to choose a broker check out companies that offer broker rebates and allows you to choose a broker would serve as the best bet. I have used services such as pipthepip and I am satisfied with them. For details check CFD & Forex rebates - Online Trading rebates - FX rebates - Cash back brokers.

:eek:oh: Be careful with "pipthepip"! Among the 15 rebating brokers on their list are two FPA-confirmed scammers - GCI and Instaforex. And the remaining 13 are not too trustworthy - take eToro, for example.

What About MIG

Anyone have any thoughts on MIG as a broker. I have heard good service and customer support, and very reasonable spreads. Thinking of moving my account to them. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Dukascopy and 45% Rebates

I have bean scalping at Dukascopy for 2 years and am very satisfied. So much satisfied that I also became an Introducing Agent. So, I am giving back 45% rebates to traders opening a live account using Molecule6.com as IA. Come listen to the video I made explaining everything on the following page :
Dukascopy ECN Broker & Rebates

Andre

Back