1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best indicator for 15mins timeframe

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by akojuru, Sep 23, 2010.

1. akojuru

akojuru Recruit

Hello
    what is the best indicator that can be used to determine the trend of a 15 minutes timeframe on mt4. Can anyone help with this and a brief explanation on how to use it?

thanks

2. siriyke

siriyke Banned

Best Indicator for 15 Mins TF

Hello Pal,

15 mins tf is best described as scalping tf and the best indicators are oscillators , u can use Double Stocastic Oscillators to follow the market or RSI :)

3. MoshBLN

MoshBLN Recruit

Dear akojuru,

I mostly use the TPO tool for the 15m chart analysing.
    Best
    Mosh

4. ForexVerified

ForexVerified Private, 1st Class

You can use MACD and MAs, but you can pretty much see the trend if there is one.

5. bigdolly

bigdolly Master Sergeant

I can suggest you breakout indicator on key levels but it doesn't work during sideline (flat) market. You can try it even without any automated software just set pending orders on key levels (still works on majors) and hope your platform is fast enough so SL and TP work correctly. I use Hotforex zero spread account for it but I think any broker with fast and stable platform fits the bill.
    Good luck.

6. EuroTrader

EuroTrader Master Sergeant

We have to make sure that the levels at which the setting of Take profits and Stop losses in our trades are applied are valid so that we are bale to get some income from trading easily :)

7. downtrend

downtrend Sergeant

For scalping M15 is a good time frame, you can use stoch indicator and can buy/sell from its over bought and over sell condition.

8. dianajs

dianajs Private, 1st Class

I generally use a combination of Moving Average, Bollinger Bands and candlestick analysis on all time frames, including the 15-minute one. The indicators are good for determining the levels of support and resistance and the candlesticks point out when the movement is continuing or reversing.

9. EuroTrader

EuroTrader Master Sergeant

I will prefer to use the Bollinger Bands over the Moving averages and the reason is very simple. It is because i know that they work faster for me in giving me the trading signals :)

10. Anna Sergeeva

Anna Sergeeva Private

For 15 min I use Bollinger Bands, MACD and RSI. I find this combination very informative.

Bomsi likes this.