Best time to trade

It’s hard to predict the best time to trade because you are not God. You can’t know what is going to be. But it’s better to start monitoring the market early in the morning. Thus, you will have more chance to enter the market successfully.

I think the best time to trade is when there's an opportunity. But also, you can look for active hours during major trading sessions (e.g., London and New York overlaps). And avoid weekends and be cautious during major economic releases.

I also think that such question as what is the best time to trade is quite individual. The simpliest answer to this question sounds like this: when you feel like trading.
The best time to open a deal is when the trading plan is ready and all the goals and risks are calculated. The beginning of London sessions are usually the best time to start trading, in my opinion.

The best times to trade depend entirely on what currency pairs you are focusing on. If you are focused on the major currency pairs due to liquidity and volatility requirements, you would be best to trade during the New York trading session.

As we are UK based, we tend to focus on the London trading session which comes with the benefit of overlapping with the New York trading session.

This presents plenty of opportunities with tight spreads (low costs)!

London Session overlapping New York is the most volatile session with an average movement of roughly 70 pips gives a good opportunity, however, trading in a dynamic market also has potential risk as another consideration

At the beginning of my trading journey, I was not paying much attention to the time when I was trading. I would open the trading platform whenever I feel like trading and start executing trades.
Of course, this led me to blow up a few accounts, but while I was educating myself I realised the importance of the time you trade.
Nowadays, trading time plays a big role in my trading strategy. The best time for trading for me is at the beginning of the European and the US session. This time you can easily make 10, 20, and sometimes even more pips due to the volatility in these specific timeframes.
Also, I would avoid trading on Mondays and Fridays. Only if there is a nice trading opportunity or clear signal, I would decide to place a trade, but oftentimes I am not even opening my trading account these days of the week.

I really like to trade during London session because spreads and tight and scalping is cheap. Other times trading conditions are worse so I prefer to spend time on market analysis instead.

Back