Best time to trade

This is another newbie question and the answer is that there is no right time to trade. The right time to trade is whenever you decide to trade and execute your strategy. While there are time periods with higher liquidity and most of the pros trade the European session it does not mean it is the best time to trade.

It all comes down to the individual, location, preference etc and there is no right or wrong time to trade. Focus on what works for you and stop modeling your trading after the preference of others.
Great advice

There is no actually best time for trading, any time might be best for this activity. Whenever you want to trade then you can start. Generally traders start this activity no longer after the opening of market, usually it's 3 am. Your graphic should be depended on your personal trading strategy which is required to be elaborated because it's the key to succsessful trading. According to the time everything is individual, you have to create a strategy in such a way that you can dedicate particular time lapses to work. Some people note that London and New York sessions are more profitable for traders, but as I said everything depends on various conditions.

I also think that such question as what is the best time to trade is quite individual. The simpliest answer to this question sounds like this: when you feel like trading.
The best time to open a deal is when the trading plan is ready and all the goals and risks are calculated. I for one don't understand how scalpers can make sensible trading decisions within such a short period of time. I do understand algotrading ultra short timeframes, but how people can do this, I don't know. This leads me to the conclusion (it can be wrong) that scalpers don't trade according to the full information of the market which will lead to the best results. They see only certain patters and that's it.
So, the best time to trade is after the whole routine of making decision is done and you are sure about the exact goals and risks which await you in the future.

I also think that such question as what is the best time to trade is quite individual. The simpliest answer to this question sounds like this: when you feel like trading.
The best time to open a deal is when the trading plan is ready and all the goals and risks are calculated. I for one don't understand how scalpers can make sensible trading decisions within such a short period of time. I do understand algotrading ultra short timeframes, but how people can do this, I don't know. This leads me to the conclusion (it can be wrong) that scalpers don't trade according to the full information of the market which will lead to the best results. They see only certain patters and that's it.
So, the best time to trade is after the whole routine of making decision is done and you are sure about the exact goals and risks which await you in the future.
It's kind of true that scalpers only follow certain patterns of price movement, but that doesn't mean they don't get the best results - it is simply a different strategy where you can make money from small price fluctuations instead of trading on longer time frames where you wait for bigger price movements.
On the whole, though, I agree that the best time to trade is a time where you have clear plans for your trading session.

Time like any strategy should be based around what fits with your lifestyle and time allowance. If you are rushing to catch a session then you are likely trading while emotionally heightened and that won't help your decision making.

I always use the London open or find it presents the best setups .
Again it depends in your strategy and other commitments or literally when you get a price alert

I also deem that the best time to trade is quite an individual feature which depends on the trader himself and on the trading strategy that they use.
There are lots of threads on the same topic on different trading forums. In most of the cases people write the exact time for some currency pairs when, they think, traders have more chances to make profits. However, I feel that the best time to open the traders is when you have the plan and you know what to do. Opening the deals just because of the fact that it is a good time for it is not a good idea, in my opinion. You should do all the preliminary work on market analysis, determining and setting pending orders and so on. These steps are the key ones for a trader to be a success and reap the rewards of their trading. Otherwise, traders tend to make wrong decisions which are ruled by the emotions or feelings, but not by common sense.

The beginning of London sessions are usually the best time to start trading, in my opinion.

Back