Best Trading Time

EUR/USD also moves during the Asian session. Let a little, but predictable. Sometimes you can open at night a large lot, and in the morning to get their 20 pips profit. Really sleep well you can hardly.

Yes, it does move. In trading, you need volatility to be profitable. To me, an average daily moves on major are about 80 pips. If you can catch 30 pips there which equivalent roughly 40% of the move, it is already consider outstanding intraday trader. If 20 pips move on Asian hours, it is less likely to gain something there.

Not less unpredictable than in other trading session. Basically it's random except rare cases where trend following is possible.

I remember way back years ago when I still trade intraday forex, I had a strategy that the 1st most important rules, never trade if the currency does not breakout from overnight range. I pretty much agree with you it is random and dangerous to trade that.

I think it's good idea to buy several watches over you work desk and put some correct timezones on them just like on real stock exchange and do experiments with help of that equipment, what do you say? On topic question it's US dinner time for me

Yes, it does move. In trading, you need volatility to be profitable. To me, an average daily moves on major are about 80 pips. If you can catch 30 pips there which equivalent roughly 40% of the move, it is already consider outstanding intraday trader. If 20 pips move on Asian hours, it is less likely to gain something there.
If the price passes 20 pips then the trader can take them. Perhaps not your methods, but some other methods. I understand that you are waiting for a reversal, confirmation and lose part of the price move. But this is not always correct. Sometimes you just have to take 20 pips.

I think it's good idea to buy several watches over you work desk and put some correct timezones on them just like on real stock exchange and do experiments with help of that equipment, what do you say? On topic question it's US dinner time for me
I think this will be more distracting than helping but it`s my opinion.

I guess London time is the best for trading since the market happens to be very active then. However, a trader is free to place trades at any time because the forex market operates round the globe. Unless your country or broker has some restrictions, then enjoy your trades with all the freedom that you want

The time to trade depends on an individual trader. It is best to trade when the market is less volatile for you to have more control over your trades. Again, never be a slave to your trading life, you need to trade with a relaxed mind and a stress-free attitude

Opportunity can present itself during active hours and non active... I agree with the previous post by Olienga38 "never be a slave to trading" ... you should make your trading style to fit your lifestyle, not the other way around! Happy Trading!

They put there for a reason. But I believe once you get used to them, you will have your own alarm. LoL

If the price passes 20 pips then the trader can take them. Perhaps not your methods, but some other methods. I understand that you are waiting for a reversal, confirmation and lose part of the price move. But this is not always correct. Sometimes you just have to take 20 pips.

In my opinion, it is too random if only 20 pips movement for currency even in Majors. Most common strategy are trend following. You wouldn't get confirmation for the day if the currency moves 20 pips up and down. Let's say it moves 20 pips, how much you can extract from that 20 pips? Unless you can accurately pinpoint the exact movement.

Back