Beware of Boss Capital!

TarryFaster

Private
I'm 71 years old and no Newbie to trading. With my Dad's help, I bought my first stocks (a mutual fund) when I was 13 and I've traded off and on, ever since. Just before the 2008 crash, I got out of stocks and didn't trade for several years. For several reasons, I became intrigued with the Forex market and began exploring it and eventually Binary Options, when they appeared on the scene.

At some point while trading FX, I noticed a semi-regular price pattern that occurred and began developing a template with indicators to focus on the pattern. It soon became apparent that this system would be a great candidate for Binary Option trades and I began delving into the murky world of Binary Option brokers. After several false starts with several different brokers, I settled on Boss Capital. They were rather new, but I couldn't find any strong negative reviews or reports about them and while their platform wasn't as flexible as others, it would work for my testing.

One of the lessons that I learned, early in my 50+ year business career, was that one should never just tell lawyers, accountants, politicians, and brokers to just do what THEY think is best -- because they will eventually end up with all the money you allocate them. In my dealings with Boss Capital, I don't know why I ignored that old axiom, but I unfortunately did.

So, soon after I opened and funded my account in order to further my system testing with Boss Capital, the phone calls and fabulous touts from their brokers started. Alex Cortez was the first to phone and I attempted to explain to her that, for many reasons, I preferred to use email and did not like to discuss my trading over the phone. I didn't give her my reasons for wanting to primarily use email, but the main one is that I want a “written record” of who told whom, what. She seemed rather dismayed that I wouldn't talk to her, but called again a few days later – AT THREE IN THE MORNING. Now, since my wife sleeps with the phone next to her bed, this call woke her up from a deep sleep and caused a real damper on her next day, when she had to give a rather critical presentation.

So, after Alex had pretty well blown her relationship with me, I assume that my account was transferred to Jacob Becker, because he was the next Boss Capital broker to call. After I requested that we rely on emails and not the phone, he started a barrage of touts that made statements like, “Guaranteed Profit Trade !!! Insure your investment and the Profits.” Now tell me, fellow trader, who could resist at least not exploring that greed driven prospect? As it came to pass, I couldn't and thus began my spiral down into Boss Capital's Trader'sHell.

Jacob's reply to my reply started with this:

“Hi Terry,

Thank you for your mail.

Yes, if the trade expires out of the money - your investment and the expected profits will be payed back into your account (as a bonus). It's very important to point out that guaranteed profit signals ( issued rarely by Boss Capital) are highly unlikely to expire out of the money,they have extremely high success rates otherwise the company will not be willing to insure the investment and the profits!”

So, I took the hook and after more than a dozen emails that were required to negotiate an additional $5,000 into my trading account, Jacob again mentioned that the earnings report was coming out and since time was of the essence I needed to do one more thing and immediately sign the attached contract, “ASAP” so he could give me the critical tout. I hurriedly skim read, signed, scanned and emailed their “Guaranteed Profit Agreement” back to him/them. The critical couple of sentences were, “The Client receives _1___ Guaranteed Profits Trades in the sum of _5000__ each. If these trades are unsuccessful, the client will receive a bonus equal to the investment lost and the expected payout amount with a trading requirement of bonus x30___ starting from the date the funds for the Guaranteed Profit Trades are added.“

Now, I KNOW that I should have had one of my lawyers take a look at this, before signing. However, time was critical, because the earnings reports were due out any minute and I know that none of my lawyers could possibly take time to evaluate this before my greed driven opportunity was lost; or so went my in the moment rationale. Besides, when it was all said and done, my legal fees would have probably eaten up most of another $5,000, anyway.

As soon as they had my signed copy, they gave me the tout and I opened the trade, just as they told me to. However, the “highly unlikely” turned out to be highly likely and the trade didn't end up in the money. So, after some time and a several gentle email reminders, Jacob had my account credited with the full amount of my trade capital ($5,000) plus the 70% return ($3,500) that I was supposed to have made, for a total of $8,500.

So, at this point I'm feeling pretty good! Even though the trade lost, my account balance has increased by $3,500 and I'm ready for the next “Guaranteed Profit Trade.” At some point, when I email Jacob and asked him to include me inthe next trade with a similar opportunity, he told me that I'd have to put up a minimum of another $5,000 for another trade. When I asked him how Boss Capital could afford to keep making such agreements, he said that they anticipated making up for their loses through future trades.

Sure enough, another “Guaranteed Profit Trade” deal came along and since I couldn't use the funds in my account for new trades, I ponied up another $5,000. This time, the trade went in my favor and there was no need for the guarantee to be activated. Then came the third trade and I started asking about why I had to come up with a “fresh” $5,000 and couldn't just use some of the funds already in my account and that was when THEIR reality began to slightly creep into MY reality. Anyway, not to worry, since Jacob was going to give me solid touts that would explode my account balance.

Even so, I really began to press them to tell me if I could even withdraw ANY of my funds. No, that wasn't allowed until I satisfied all of the terms of my “bonus.” It finally came out that the 30X meant that I had to “repay” not just the bonus money of $3,500 times 30, but my “buyout” to access ANY of the money in my account was 30 times MY $5,000 plus the $3,500 for a grand total of $255,000! If, at any time I tried to withdraw ANY of my funds without first creating a balance of $255,000, then I forfeited ALL of the money in my account!

By this time, my account was passed along to another “broker” who declared that he – Josh Miller -- was not just a broker, but a Senior Analyst, and he had a diversified plan that would make me rich. At this point, I was being worked over by three of Boss Capital's best and it wasn't fun. I was now no longer working on my system, but trying to figure out how to “liberate” ANY of my invested $15,000 by earning $255,000by using THEIR touts, the last of which had gone bust, too.

By now, my account is at about $12,000 and I go into partial Beta mode with my nearly completed system and I start really noticing some of the problems with their trading platform. On several occasions, I had observed that some of my trades were slow to fill, but just took it to be the result of heavy traffic. But then, one day, the little chart and live numerical readouts, started freezing up. I complained and they reversed the trade, the first time it happened. However, with several other trades that followed, they (their support personnel) stopped reversing the trades and claimed that I needed to change browsers, which I did. Then they claimed I needed to clear my cache before each session, which I did and still the screen freezes kept occurring and finally, a trade – which I was simultaneouslymonitoring on my MT4 platform – was WELL into the money and their system finally even declared that trade a loss, as well. I haven't even bothered to complain – as it doesn't do any good, anymore.

As for the three brokers, well they kept sending me touts and showing THEIR alleged winning results, but never any major losses. When I called one of them on it, asking why they didn't show their considerable losing trades (which I took the time to follow up and plotted from their touts), asking if their trades were made with House money and not their personal funds and even if their posted results were perhaps Photoshopped – they all three promptly stopped responding to any of my emails, as I'm certain that, since they consider me a skinned, drained and now useless former client.

I'm taking the time to relate all of this to you, my fellow traders, in the hopes of providing you with enough information to dissuade you from doing ANY trading with Boss Capital. I certainly would like to retrieve all, or even some, of my money, but don't see too much help on the horizon, for that to occur. If you would like more details to confirm my story, including emails, documents and screen shots, let me know and I'll gladly forward them on to you.

Respectfully,

Terry Sneller

terry@cloudbyteconsulting.com

I believe Canada has some sort of serious fraud office. Also check and see if being 71 qualifies you for additional protection under "crimes against the elderly"

How and when did you deposit?

If those deposits were by credit card, talk to the fraud department at your card's issuing bank about the possibility of a chargeback. No matter what, talk to the fraud department at your issuing bank and the fraud department at your local police department about where else you can complain.

You can try contacting OSC for more info too.

Is there a provincial or national level department of elderly affairs (or equivalent)? That might also be a good place to inquire.

I've traded with Boss Capital some time ago as well. I fully agree with their methods stated by Terry, which are not too different from many of the other binary options brokers out there. Fortunately for me, I immediately realised the impact of this "minimum 30x trade volume/profit" requirement. My day-job involves scrutinizing insurance contracts, therefore contracts in general are finely combed and analyzed before I sign anything. Since this stipulation is clearly biased in favor of the broker, and exploits the consumer, I had them confirm in writing that the terms would be voided should I decide at any point to return any "guaranteed" reimbursement of lost trades. The only funds they are entitled to hang on to during this "minimum trade volume" requirement, are the funds they actually refunded to you out of their own pocket during your lost trades (I actually managed to have my broker at the time, "Frank", confirm it in an email). I still have the mail, and here is a quote from Frank Alexander:
"Until you have reached your term requirements, at the time of your withdrawal request we will take your full balance and subtract from that any bonuses and profits your account might have and the remainder is yours to withdraw."

The courts wouldn't look upon them favourably should they try and convince you that your own invested capital balance is also off limits while this requirement is fulfilled. This minimum trade requirement should be restricted to the bonus capital and not affect your existing invested capital.

They had agreed in principle, and I actually did end up returning a guaranteed trade reimbursement (i changed my mind and decided to bite the bullet on 2x $5,000 losses). Soon after that I cleared out my account, exactly because of the pushy nature of not one but all the representatives I've had contact with. I've even had them slam the phone down in my ear a couple of times after not getting the desired agreement for more investment. In all fairness though, they did pay me all that was due to me within less than 3 working days.

My account is still open with a few tens of dollars balance, though I have not traded with it in nearly a year. Their representatives still call from time to time though, fishing for fresh investments.....

Back