Beware of Enterra Forex Star EA

Peter Landy

Private
Enterra agreed to provide a demo test on the condition that they host the EA on their server instead of my PC. Enterra instructed me to choose my demo broker so they can optimize the EA for the purpose.

I agreed and watched this EA perform impressively for the next two weeks. After the demo, I decided to proceed and purchase the Enterra Forex Star. After payment Enterra promptly sent me their EA with generic setting and not with the optimized .set file used for the specific broker demo.

In the first 24hrs Enterra Forex Star did not place a trade. The next day it placed a little under a dozen all closed in negative - all losses!

Enterra has an impressive customer ticket support website which lent an air of integrity and authenticity. However it is now over 24 hours since I sent them "several" urgent request for help but they are not responding. I strongly feel that any business that claims to own a customer support center should respond, if they do at all, within a few hours and certainly within 24 hours.

In hindsight, how can we be sure that they were hosting their own EA instead of FAP Turbo? For this matter they could host any EA they wish without our knowledge.

I strongly urge ForexPeaceArmy to remove Enterra Forex Star EA from list of EA performance testing for this reason.

Update 2:

After 24 hours of no response Enterra sent me the following email below. Then you can read my response below theirs.
-------------------------------------------------------------
We are sorry for the delay with the answer. The reason is we have many requests for customized settings and so on from our Full version buyers and have to serve them according to the queue.
We can see the reason of your negative in limited support you have according to your license type. If you have customized sets and tuning for your broker you should have more pleasant results with the EA. We recommend you spend some time for sets optimization to trade profitable like many of our clients do.
You were also notified that such services as customization for your Broker for better work and current support and updates are available for Lite version buyers at additional cost only and that any Advisor needs continuous support and optimization to stay profitable.
We are not able to provide you with demo version or refund option (as you buy unique program with author’s source code) but can offer you the testing option before you decide to buy. And you've tested the EA before the purchase.
Please make sure you have reasons clear enough to say us "scam".
We would be happy to give you our further assistance if you require some.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I sent them the response below.......
------------------------------------------------
It took you over 24 hours just to tell me this that it will take additional expense to get my optimized set file?

You asked me to select a specific broker from your preferred list of brokers because otherwise you cannot guarantee successful results. This suggested that your EA is indeed optimized only to a few brokers and you have already performed this optimization. Moreover, you did run your "EA" with successful trading while my copy of your EA resulted all in failures.

Nowhere on your website does it say that Enterra Star EA "Lite" does not come with optimized EA for selected broker. Now you are telling me that the trading result I've witnessed for the 20 days is not what I am buying at the "lite" price. So if I am not getting the optimized set files why did you advise me to select a broker only from your optimized list? The answer is simple, you've optimized your EA only to your list of preference and you already own these .set files. But you are tricking your "lite" customers to pay more to "enable" the Lite EA to trade.

You refuse to refund my money and I am stuck with an EA which "will not trade as advertised".
If this is not a scam what is? YES, you are a Scam Operator!!! This is trickery and blackmail and I won't spend another penny with your business.

Update 3:

I got their attention and they are backing down while trying to excuse themselves by twisting words. But in a nutshell here's what they said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
You're right we have prepared some sets when launching the test on your account, seems they were successful. We are really sorry for your negative trades on the first session. To correct this we agree to give you optimized settings for your Broker. Shall forward this task to your support developer right now.
--------------------------------
So they've admitted I was wronged and promising to make it right. Let's see what happens next.

Will they send the correct .set files? and will they work as advertised?

Dear Peter.
Let us also put a copy of our last message here to draw the line clearly.

We can understand your disappointment.
Please be advised we recommend using the brokers who has appropriate spreads (not only those who are in our shortlist). And we prepare optimized settings for the main accounts of our Full version buyers on request.
We offer Lite version for traders who can optimise the sets for any broker by themselves and notify of limited support on the site and Support Center.
You can make sure here - What are the benefits and how to choose? - Expert Advisors Support and here - Enterra Inc. Software Development Company: Q and A and here - Enterra Inc. Software Development Company: EULA and in your registration letter. So please don't say you were not informed about the pecularities of Lite version.

You're right we have prepared some sets when launching the test on your account, seems they were successful. We are really sorry for your negative trades on the first session. To correct this we agree to give you optimized settings for your Broker - TadawulFX. Shall forward this task to your support developer right now.
But be advised any Advisor needs continuous support and optimization to stay profitable.

We look forward to being part of your success.

Attention!
We guarantee author’s rights for the product Enterra Forex Star EA available.
We guarantee standards-driven code fully documented and polished, trading strategy and algorithm successfully running on real accounts and qualified support from producer.
But no one can guarantee you currency market behavior. All the risks regarding the exchange trade you take upon yourself trading by Advisor or by hands. Market is market!
Be aware!
Enterra Inc. is allowed to refuse from any support and further assistance to those customers who purchased the product but participated in it's illegal distribution including joint use with other people.
Also be aware of buying products called Enterra Forex Star or alike style from sites and individuals with no links to Enterra Inc.' official websites as we know some cases of promoting fake products under Enterra Forex Star title which will never be profitable as unique product.

We wish you good trade!

Best Regards,

So please pay attention to this situation and be carefull when buying the EA. Read EULA, usage terms, license pecularities etc. Choose the license properly.
And we hope Forex Peace Army can save unprejudiced look at this demonstrative issue.

We shall give this client optimised settings for his broker but shall review the support policy further. Seems we do not need to sell Lite versions any more.

Wish you all good trades.

Best Regards,

Facts

This is what you posted here on ForexPeaceArmy Enterra-inc.com | Forex Star EA reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

"The main features:
• Multicurrency - trades perfectly on EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPCHF, USDCAD, EURCAD, USDCHF, CADCHF. (Improved!)
• Absolutely automatic - trades while you sleep!
• Trades with deposit of any size.
• Flexible settings for risk level and capital size in use.
• Profit factor - 2,7 - 3,3.
• Full source code is provided (All the guarantees!).
• Proffesional assistance in installation and settings change.
• Full technical support is guaranteed by Enterra.
• Timely updates for legal copies.
• Customization for your broker and strategy is available.
• And many others..."

Let me repeat the most important line...
"• Proffesional assistance in installation and settings change."
"• Full technical support is guaranteed by Enterra."
"• Customization for your broker and strategy is available."

Not once did you mention in your posting that the $370.00 Star Lite EA is not entitled to most of privileges unless you buy the full version. You were not completely up front and truthful with your information and that is a fact. You gave yourself the benefit and advantage to demonstrate your EA on your select optimized broker then you took it away fro me once you sold it to me. Now you try to defend yourself with clauses hidden away inside your website where potential customers will not see unless they hunt for it.

As far as not selling your Lite EA is just another one of your self serving acts. Now that people know the true facts and restrictions about your Star Lite they won't buy it anyway.

Yes, you sent me your .set files but it still remains to be seen if I really received the product which was advertised on the selected broker.

Friday of this week I'll post my opinion on what's the outcome and if in fact what you sent me was really what I watched during your demo advertisement.

Last edited:
Correction: Tomorrow, Friday is too soon to evaluate the results. I'll post my review Friday of next week not tomorrow.

Thanks,
Peter

Dear Peter.
Seems we are reading the same pages but see different information.

Enterra Inc. - Expert Advisors Support
We can offer you 2 variants of purchasing the Product:

1. Full version delivery pack contains the Program with well documented Source Code, Instruction for custom tuning and Recommended Settings Pack, Full support with updates within the version purchased (3.õ.), customization for your Broker for better work if needed and assistance in installation and launching on your account.

2. Lite version delivery pack contains the Program (as a compiled file), Instruction for custom tuning and Recommended Settings Pack, qualified support during initial installation and launch. Attention! Such services as customization for your Broker for better work and current support and updates are available at additional cost. The trading terminal you use should authorize the access to the external libraries. Make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5. installed on your computer.

Remember! The EA has the same functionality in Full and Lite versions.
We take no additional fees for the product as it's one time purchase for unlimited time period.
You can upgrade to Full version for the variation in prices within 30 days after purchasing the Lite one. After 30 days period is over you can upgrade for the full cost only.

We have many requests from the clients asking us how to choose. Here are our thoughts and policy.
Who should buy Full version:
1. Client who is not a professional trader and needs developers' full support and help to handle the trade with the EA. Needs to have updates (including new settings) for free as they come.
2. Professional trader who needs to have full Source Code to be able to customize it and use the Code for his personal trading strategies and plans.

Who should buy Lite version:
1. Client who wants to try trading with this EA (as a demo version) or needs to try several tests with this EA (like a full functional demo version). As a fact this is a good start and you can upgrade to Full version for Source Codes and support in 30 days after purchasing the Lite one.
2. Proffesional trader who doesn't need to rewrite it (not a programmer or just don't need to change the Code) but proffesional enough to customixe the settings according to one's strategy, Money and risk management etc. Don't need assistance in updating the settings.

Hope this will help.

Enterra Inc. Software Development Company: Enterra Forex Star EA 3.1.
Enterra Forex Star EA 3.1. Lite version
(limited support).

Enterra Inc. Software Development Company: EULA
INSTALLATION AND USE.
The Licensee can use the PRODUCT for any MT4 trading account registered on HIS NAME within the rights according to the license’ type purchased.

Enterra Inc. Software Development Company: Q and A
What’s the difference between Full and Lite versions?
We can offer you 2 variants of purchasing the Product:
Full version delivery pack contains the Program with well documented Source Code, Instruction for custom tuning and Recommended Settings Pack, Full support with updates within the version purchased (3.x.), customization for your Broker for better work if needed and assistance in installation and launching on your account.
Lite version delivery pack contains the Program (compiled file), Instruction for custom tuning and Recommended Settings Pack, qualified support during initial installation and launch. Attention! Such services as customization for your Broker for better work and current support and updates are available at additional cost. The terminal you use should authorize the access to the external libraries. Make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5. installed on your computer.

Your registration letter:
Please make sure you have read, understood and agreed with all the terms of EULA. If not do not install and use the Product.

Remember! The trading terminal you use should authorize the access to the external libraries. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. and Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed on your computer.

Detailed info on installation process and Product using issues you can find at Enterra Support Center. Feel free to register and submit tickets if have some general questions or technical problems.
For more stable and profitable Advisor’s work please use original settings recommended for all the parameters, but be aware: any Advisor needs continuous support and optimization to stay profitable.

So please pay attention to this situation and be carefull when buying the EA. Read EULA, usage terms, license pecularities etc befor buying the product and not after you were unsuccessful in using. Choose the license properly.

For now we gave you the optimized sets and hope you can use them with profit.
We wish you good trade.

So far not looking good at all!

Very nice presentation, is that another one of your elaborate presentation leading to nowhere?

For your information, last evening, your Star Lite EA with your so called optimized .set files traded down major loss one after another. I have not seen anything even close to this while you were advertising your EA hosted from your server. Which documents are you going to grab to excuse this? Oh yes I remember we have to optimize the EA. But you already optimized this EA with the .set files supposedly I witnessed your EA making positive and dramatic profits. Now that it is running from my server I am not getting the same results how come? I am using the same EA with same broker, same demo # account and the same .set files optimized by your professional developer? Where's your excuse now?

In any case I'll be posting results for everyone to see for the next 5 days. I am pretty sure how this saga will end and it won't be pleasant for both of us. As far as I am concerned today Star Lite is pure junk and I recommend people to stay away unless they can afford to lose a couple of hundred just to satisfy their curiosity.

Needless to say your EA is worthless without optimization. In fact from all the EA's I personally tested your EA is one of the few which incapable to trade profitably without special optimized .set files. Who in their right mind will want to purchase $370USD Star Lite without configuration support? You are out of your mind asking additional payment for something which should be part of every EA by default especially at the expensive price tag you're charging.

Last edited:
Ultimate Resolution

Enterra, I challenge you to donate a free copy of Star Lite to ForexPeaceArmy.com so they can run your EA on their server. This way we'll have a neutral party involved who will test and inform the public of the truth. What do you say good idea if you're telling the truth right?

Dear Peter.
We have reviewed the situation you have.
We suppose the problem is you were trading EURGBP and GBPCHF in days when there were some important news for GBP and it came down sharply. The EA is just a machine and each trader needs to manage it according to some essential changes in the financial market. Please take it into account in your further autotrading with any system as well. One more reason we can see in the fact the demo results often vary from live. Demos often have better quotations, no slippage etc.

Feel free to consult another Enterra Forex Star EA users to know their experience.
Hope you won't have such problems further.
Wish you good trade.

Back