• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Beware of Green Tree Capital Investments

I am having an issue with a company
There is a Green Tree Capital with the website greentreeinvesting.com that is some kind of forex brokerage. They have a contact adress in Canoga CA that seems to be phony to me (Some kind of shopping centre and I could not find them among the listed commerces ). I dont know if they are the persons you re looking for but I smell a scam in their website.

There is a post that said they had a virtual office at 1200 McGill in Montreal. I checked the Corporations Canada registrar and the Quebec registrar and found nothing about them so far. I might try again with some variations on their corporate name.

I m in Montreal and I could ask at that business centre, but those companies that rent virtual offices always have a policy of saying nothing until they get a court order to divulge with whom they signed the contract.

Green Tree Capital is not a registered entity of any sort. THeyre simply phone gangsters that sell lies to raise money for trading programs that do not exist.

You all received fake account statements. You must track down your wire receipt for when you funded your account and see where the money went to. If it went to their corporate account, you can consider your money GONE. If it went to one of their pretendo Clearing houses(see FX High Summit - another scam) then there is a good chance your account wa actually traded.. err, churned.. this group graduated from the churn n burn businesss model (in which they were caught and banned by the NFA) and then elevated their game to straight out fraud and theft. If you cant keep a client while churning out commissions, the next best thing is to just steal the entire investors initial capital.

NONE of the names you are mentioning are REAL NAMES, aside from Lyndon Parilla. Some of you had similiar experiences in the past in FOREX; from the same crooks using different aliases and different shell companies, potentially in differnet unregulated asset classes.

YOU MUST report your experiences with the CFTC. You can also contact the FBI white collar crime division, one of which just so happens to be located in Beverly Hills as well.

You will most likely not get any money back that was sent to GTC's corporate bank account.

YOU must not believe that GTC has become insolvent. THey HAVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY... any money lost was due to ****ty trades in which probably generated an equal amount of commissions.

My advice: is for ALL OF YOU to kick down the door at the CHicago office of the CFTC and demand they take action to seize any and all assets attached to all parties involved. Also, I may have heard that GTC and its crooked affiliates may be funding Al Qaeda terrorsist plots, so you may want to contact the department of homeland security and have them collaborate their efforts with the other govt agencies that are currently investigating them...

Bottomline, if you want justice, YOU ARE gonna have to be the one that pushes the regulators and enforcers into taking action. There is very little a crook can do to outrun the federal goverment... that is, if they really want to catch you... and being that i heard they might be funding terrorist activities with their "offshore" clearing arrangments, that might just be what forces enforcement.

Hire a private investigator, hire BlackWater mercinaries, hire an attorney on contingency, hell - start a Twitter account posting the names of poeple related to GTC to futher expose the name on the web to attract others.

Above ALL: Do not invest in any marketplace that isnt a regulated! Do your duedilegence - check licensing status', ask for audited numbers in regards to performance records. question everything! Run all investments by your financial advisor - yeah, he'll most likely **** on anything you bring him that can threaten his own proprietary products he offers you, but at least get his professional opinion on compliance/safety/legitimacy. ANd stay the **** away from "managed Forex" accounts run by individuals that are not members of the NFA, more specifically - they should be registered as a CTA with the NFA, and they should be able to provide you with an audited track record of returns. IF they cant, run away. DO not invest in marketplaces outside of the US! You will have little recourse/arbitration/regulatory support if you do.

Green Tree Capital is not a registered entity of any sort. THeyre simply phone gangsters that sell lies to raise money for trading programs that do not exist.

You all received fake account statements. You must track down your wire receipt for when you funded your account and see where the money went to. If it went to their corporate account, you can consider your money GONE. If it went to one of their pretendo Clearing houses(see FX High Summit - another scam) then there is a good chance your account wa actually traded.. err, churned.. this group graduated from the churn n burn businesss model (in which they were caught and banned by the NFA) and then elevated their game to straight out fraud and theft. If you cant keep a client while churning out commissions, the next best thing is to just steal the entire investors initial capital.

NONE of the names you are mentioning are REAL NAMES, aside from Lyndon Parilla. Some of you had similiar experiences in the past in FOREX; from the same crooks using different aliases and different shell companies, potentially in differnet unregulated asset classes.

YOU MUST report your experiences with the CFTC. You can also contact the FBI white collar crime division, one of which just so happens to be located in Beverly Hills as well.

You will most likely not get any money back that was sent to GTC's corporate bank account.

YOU must not believe that GTC has become insolvent. THey HAVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY... any money lost was due to ****ty trades in which probably generated an equal amount of commissions.

My advice: is for ALL OF YOU to kick down the door at the CHicago office of the CFTC and demand they take action to seize any and all assets attached to all parties involved. Also, I may have heard that GTC and its crooked affiliates may be funding Al Qaeda terrorsist plots, so you may want to contact the department of homeland security and have them collaborate their efforts with the other govt agencies that are currently investigating them...

Bottomline, if you want justice, YOU ARE gonna have to be the one that pushes the regulators and enforcers into taking action. There is very little a crook can do to outrun the federal goverment... that is, if they really want to catch you... and being that i heard they might be funding terrorist activities with their "offshore" clearing arrangments, that might just be what forces enforcement.

Hire a private investigator, hire BlackWater mercinaries, hire an attorney on contingency, hell - start a Twitter account posting the names of poeple related to GTC to futher expose the name on the web to attract others.

Above ALL: Do not invest in any marketplace that isnt a regulated! Do your duedilegence - check licensing status', ask for audited numbers in regards to performance records. question everything! Run all investments by your financial advisor - yeah, he'll most likely **** on anything you bring him that can threaten his own proprietary products he offers you, but at least get his professional opinion on compliance/safety/legitimacy. ANd stay the **** away from "managed Forex" accounts run by individuals that are not members of the NFA, more specifically - they should be registered as a CTA with the NFA, and they should be able to provide you with an audited track record of returns. IF they cant, run away. DO not invest in marketplaces outside of the US! You will have little recourse/arbitration/regulatory support if you do.

Very sound advice to me, but will people heed it!

Greentree and CFTC

The web site U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission has a tag in the upper left labelled PRESS ROOM. Open that, then click on press releases. This was you can stay updated as much as is now allowed. There is not yet a case number, because the Dept. of Justice has not completed their findings. Once a case is filed, it will be listed there. 3/15/11 I asked CFTC attorney Alex Levine (312-596-0699) if they knew where the culrpits are, he said yes, but he was not allowed to tell me their location.

Complaints against GTC with the CFTC

Slier,

Did they tell you how many complaints against GTC they accumulated so far? Or whether they have any idea about how soon they might file the suit?

Also, the DOJ told me initially that they do not intervene before the case is brought to court. From your post it seems like they are already involved. Is this true or was it a typo when you mentioned the DOJ?

Reply to Scr

They would not tell me how many are involved; cited "privacy act". Alex Levine, CFTC attorney (312-596-3561) DID say the DOJ is working with them to get this into court. Once in court, THEN a case # will be assigned.

Timeline- Levine told me they are a government agency and things do not work very fast. He told me to check the website U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to see what progress has been made.

Scam or slander - need help

I've been reading this thread and called Alex Levine to get proof of what's going on. He NEVER answers his phone. I am trying to figure out if these posts are slander, if people engaged in a bonafide trade that went against them (and are suffering from sour grapes), or if indeed these companies (which you say are all related to the same person) are without doubt pure scam operations, who seek people to steal their money

Any contact info for first hand victims with proof would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Jason

I've been reading this thread and called Alex Levine to get proof of what's going on. He NEVER answers his phone. I am trying to figure out if these posts are slander, if people engaged in a bonafide trade that went against them (and are suffering from sour grapes), or if indeed these companies (which you say are all related to the same person) are without doubt pure scam operations, who seek people to steal their money

Any contact info for first hand victims with proof would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Jason
Jason, your post is strange, to say the least... You called a federal investigator to "get proof of what's going on"??? If I am to give you the benefit of doubt, I would say go and read the whole thread and/or the two well documented posts that resulted in a "guilty" verdict. There's plenty of proof there. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out rather quickly what a shameless scam these people ran! If you really did go through the whole thread, then only a heavy dose of insincerity would explain your even remotely thinking about the possibility of slander. In that case, I'm sorry to have to voice this, but the most likely scenario is that you are a "GTC mole"...

Back