• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Beware of Green Tree Capital Investments

I am having an issue with a company

Traveler

Private
All is NOT well with Green Tree!

My issues with Green Tree have been NOT resolved. I did in fact get a portion of my account out -- $10k out of ~$25k, but that was only after they told me to create positive posts here at FPA and UNDO previous negative posts.

The first of February this year, I requested to close out my entire account because of the lack of integrity it took just to get part of my money out!

Now, I am having to call every day and send threatening emails every week just to have someone call me!

I promised them I would un-do all the good words I wrote if only someone would call me or email me with an update on my account!They missed their deadline yesterday so here I go...

All they had to do was to call me with an update on the status of closing out my account and, after repeated threats, I am making good

STAY AWAY FROM GREEN TREE! GET YOUR MONEY OUT ASAP!
REPORT THEM TO FPA and CFTC immediately!
:mad:

Last edited:
Greentree Capital Investments are a Fraud

I invested in Greentree's managed FOREX program. The returns shown on my statements in the first 3 months were ~2% per week so I added to my account. The returns as shown on my statement continued to be ~2% per week and after 6 months I decided I wanted to close my account and withdraw all my investment and earnings which were up ~50% according to the statement. It took 4 weeks to get final closure on the account and the cheque I received resulted in a net loss of ~80% of my original investment. At no time did my statements reflect any losses. Each week the statement indicated ~2% return on investment. If you have money in Greentree, get it out as soon as you can. If a lot of other got screwed by these guys, we should band together and launch a class action lawsuit. Their account statements are completely fraudulent.

Are you guys in the USA?

If so, go to the CFTC, NFA, and IC3.gov and file complaints. Don't wait. Do it now.

Traveler:
When you call where do they answer from? I see all their phone numbers and e-mail addresses are the same. They show a U.S. address but are they here or in Canada with just some dummy U.S. address? What do they say when you ask for your money?

Screwedover:

What did they say about the discrepency between the statements and your check? Did you report them to anyone?

I reported to the SEC but I will also report to the other organizations someone as recommended. As far as a comment on the reasons for the sudden drop in equity on closing all I got was a BS answer that had zero validity. I've traded Forex on my own as well as through other trading firms and never seen such fraudulent action. My suspicion was instantly aroused when they continued to put me off and wouldn't close my account. I had to ask GTCI four times and even then it took 3 weeks to send me the remaining funds. I knew there was a problem before I even received the funds because I closed an account at another firm the same day as my first request and had a cheque in my hand in 3 business days.

Filed already with SEC Los Angeles and CFTC

I filed already with SEC Los Angeles (Dec) and CFTC (Jan). I thought it was an isolated case, but we seem to be on to the next big Ponzi Scheme here! Not only GTC, but probably also ORCA, who actively advertises for them. Has anyone filed with the DOJ or has contact info for someone there? BBB of Southern CA seems to be too small to be able to enforce anything - is this true or is it worth filing there too?

I reported to the SEC but I will also report to the other organizations someone as recommended. As far as a comment on the reasons for the sudden drop in equity on closing all I got was a BS answer that had zero validity. I've traded Forex on my own as well as through other trading firms and never seen such fraudulent action. My suspicion was instantly aroused when they continued to put me off and wouldn't close my account. I had to ask GTCI four times and even then it took 3 weeks to send me the remaining funds. I knew there was a problem before I even received the funds because I closed an account at another firm the same day as my first request and had a cheque in my hand in 3 business days.

Make sure you hit the CFTC, they are the best it seems to me, have all your documentation ready as with them you can upload it directly to them. They were the first to call me back when I reported and so far the only one actively doing something.

Just saw your info

I have been with them for 6 weeks now...and this info, is freaking me out. I wanted to post so if there is a case against GTC, I can help.

Please keep the updates going.

"I have been with them for 6 weeks now...and this info, is freaking me out. I wanted to post so if there is a case against GTC, I can help."

Better start trying to get your money out....sounds like a bad place to be

It took me a while to get my money back, about 2 months, but I eventually did. They told me it could take a max of 90 days though so I was prepared. I heard some rumors from a John Davenport that they were planning on selling Green Tree Capital Investments or merging it with another company, he wasn't sure but it sounded like something was going on.

Back