• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Beware of Green Tree Capital Investments

I am having an issue with a company
Conversation with Davenport

2/18/11 received a call from John Davenport. He said he has been under the weather and is now getting to return a few calls. He told me

- Bruce Weinstein is doing a gold project and John is now my contact person. - There may be some talk of a merger, perhaps that is why there is so much additional paperwork and the possible 90 day redemption delay. - The new possible 90 day redemtion is the reason there is so much bed press lately.

BBB Business Review of Green Tree Capital - Securities Brokers and Dealers - Beverly Hills, CA

This BBB site says the GreenTree owner is Authur Davenport. Perhaps a relative to John? If so, why doesn't he know the whole story and relay to the client?

John said he would send to me the new rules and regulations along with the redemtion forms. They have not yet shown up. I will post as I have more information.

My dad of 82 years of age had 'joined' Greentree Capital in early 2010. At the time Greentree had a very aggressive sales staff and was contacting my dad on a regular basis via telephone. With a little research (now we know it wasnt nearly enough) dad decided to give it a whirl. He opened up an account and saw the quick gains, and at that point decided to open more with family money and savings. He opened up an account for each one of his 3 children, as well as an account for his church of over 50 years. About mid 2010 he did a test withdrawal of a minimal amount and received a check in a timely fashion. Bruce Wienstein (CEO of Greentree....??) kept in contact with dad on a regular basis via email mostly. Dad also had contact with Jack Davenport & Illana... who Bruce said would answer any questions when others got 'overloaded'.

Things with Greentree and Bruce Wienstein seemed to get fishy sometime around Jan. 2011. Greentree was not returning calls and/or emails AND dad wanted to set up an account for a friend and was ready to wire transfer money and Greentree seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.... even when someone wanted to give them $$. At this time Dad knew something was very very wrong.

Dad drove 70 miles to a supposed location of Greentree in the Wilshire district of Beverly Hills, Calif only to be told by an unidentified woman at the front counter that Bruce is not in and Jack and Illana are out for the rest of the afternoon. There was no one else in the very small office suite that dad could tell, even looked like they were getting ready to relocate as packing boxes were evident.

All requests for any withdrawals much less anything else go unanswered currently.

PLEASE all who have fell for this nasty scam... file complaints immediately, while you still have a bit of on your side. We will be filing with BBB as well as other entities, and attempting to contact the bank where this money was wire transferred, and seeking any legal advice. The names of Bruce Wienstein and Jack Davenport probably are just aliases and aka's, so tracking them down will be difficult. These people not only should issue refunds but criminal charges should be filed against them, this is stealing, and they should have to answer to a court of law. Their documents and statement gains are fraudulent phonies.

Southern california clients should contact the DA in LA to file a complaint since the money went to Bev Hills.

Don't delay, contact the CFTC!

I'm sorry to see that many people still think they might get their money back, and don't see their delay tactics for what they are. They never responded to BBB. They ARE a scam!

Call the CFTC: (312)596-0531 and the SEC in LA: (323)965-3592 and file a complaint with them ASAP. Don't fall prey to the GTC delay tactics. They are packing boxes!

Does anyone have a good contact number for the DA in LA?

Where is Green Tree?

Dad drove 70 miles to a supposed location of Greentree in the Wilshire district of Beverly Hills, Calif only to be told by an unidentified woman at the front counter that Bruce is not in and Jack and Illana are out for the rest of the afternoon. There was no one else in the very small office suite that dad could tell, even looked like they were getting ready to relocate as packing boxes were evident.

I looked up the Green Tree address on Google Earth and came up with nothing.
I DID come up with the phone number for the property managers there and they that they simply managed "virtual offices". Wich means, mail goes there, and a drone picks it up, but NO ONE is actually working there!

All the girls that pick up the phone don't work there. John (Bed Wetter) Davenport doesn't work there. He did admit to living in LA, but never actually goes to work at that office address at 9701 Wilshire Blvd. 10th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA.

Just thought I would clear this up.

I requested a close out of my account a few weeks ago and NO ONE has returned my calls!
:unhappy:

Here are Green Tree's virtual office locations

Here are the vitual office links to their addresses:

Virtual Office at 1200 McGill College Avenue Suite 1100, Montreal, QC H3B 4G7 | Davinci Virtual Office Space & Solutions

Their location is a virtual office, and that is the " head quarters"

Virtual Office Sales - 9701 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90212

The California site is a virtual office as well...

As is the London office

Serviced Offices Victoria SW1 | Victoria Street Serviced Office +44 (0) 870 0493 401

Conversation with Mike Baldwin

The forms of redemption that John Davenport said he would send 2/18/11 have not yet arrived. I called again 2/22/11 and Mike baldwin actually picked up when paged by the answering service. He said he now serves as my "point of contact." He said Bruce Weinstein is now supervisor of the senoir account executives. That differs from Davenport's atory of Weinstein working on a gold project. So generally, just BS as I call 2X daily and Baldwin was the only call picked up this week. Sad to say, but they are all probably out of the country with our money.

They can run, but they can't hide -- for long...

The forms of redemption that John Davenport said he would send 2/18/11 have not yet arrived. I called again 2/22/11 and Mike baldwin actually picked up when paged by the answering service. He said he now serves as my "point of contact." He said Bruce Weinstein is now supervisor of the senoir account executives. That differs from Davenport's atory of Weinstein working on a gold project. So generally, just BS as I call 2X daily and Baldwin was the only call picked up this week. Sad to say, but they are all probably out of the country with our money.

Anyone who thinks they can scam people in the US and get away forever is wrong! The IRS and FBI will eventually catch up to them and bring them here to face charges eventually.

Green Tree is the worst of the scum of the earth!

John Davenport is a registerd bed wetter and Mike Baldwin is a certified lacky and ass kisser. :mad:

I'm wondering what everyone else is going to do about this? I tried to call today, the number has been disconnected, i knew something was fishy when i kept getting put off about tax forms, and thats when i started researching and found this forum. Looks like they are trying to dissapear? Does anyone have a different number for them, i know they had a direct line to some of the employees at one time?

Back