• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Beware of Green Tree Capital Investments

I am having an issue with a company
Green Tree is gone!

After a couple of weeks of calling, leaving messages and voice mails, today, the Green Tree phone has finally been "disconnected or no longer in service".

Guess I've been screwed.

Going to take all the necessary actions of course. But I wonder, what good will it do? :unhappy:

Another number

The cell number Bruce used to use is 818-857-5666. Just received mail back that had "Undeliverable" listed on it. It was sent to 9701 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1000.

I was about to contact GT to ask them to comment on your cases. Guess I'll move them to the open cases folder now.

Keep trying all numbers and emails you have for them and report the results.

I looked up the Green Tree address on Google Earth and came up with nothing.
I DID come up with the phone number for the property managers there and they that they simply managed "virtual offices". Wich means, mail goes there, and a drone picks it up, but NO ONE is actually working there!

All the girls that pick up the phone don't work there. John (Bed Wetter) Davenport doesn't work there. He did admit to living in LA, but never actually goes to work at that office address at 9701 Wilshire Blvd. 10th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA.

Just thought I would clear this up.

I requested a close out of my account a few weeks ago and NO ONE has returned my calls!
:unhappy:

Well I guess that explains why they were 'out for the rest of the afternoon'. Actually Dad was told that Bruce was physically working there in that office, however just this particular afternoon he was not in. And youre right about the office receptionists, they are just decoys and really is an out of state answering service who is paid to tell lies of the their whereabouts. Who knows, maybe a Bruce Wienstein only exists on paper and is a complete phantom.

Greentree Update

Currently since my last post, dad has now contacted the LA District Attorney in the Beverly Hills area and they are to be contacting him back shortly regarding this Greentree mess. Complaints were also posted on ripoffreport.com with others here:

Green Tree Capital | Ripoff Report Directory | Scams, Frauds, Reviews And Complaints

We dont know if any of this will do any good in the long run, but we have to try.

ALSO... SLIER, thanks for the cell phone #, that was actually a number that dad never had, I'll let you know if it amounts to anything and/or if its still a valid number for Bruce 'The Ripoff' Wienstein.

Last edited:
Green Tree is officially insolvent

This morning my worst fears were at least offically confirmed with my final
"statement"...
"Due to being defrauded by multiple fraudulent investments, Green Tree Capital has become insolvent.
All operations have ceased. We deeply regret informing you of this and we apologize for the loss that
this brings."

Sincerely,
Green Tree Capital
Ph: 800.557.9596
Fax: 888.411.7551
corporate@gtcapitalinvestments.com

My account balance was shown as ZERO.
Last week, ~$16,4000 now zero! :mad:

Green Tree Cheats

The president of Green Tree, Lyndon L. Parrilla, was banned from ever being in the business by the NFA in Jan 0f 2010. He dissolved GT on Jan 11 this year. I asked to close my account last November and on March 2 was told the company was insolvent.

NFA permanently bars California commodity trading advisor Parman Financial and its principal

I have no hopes of getting my money back.

He still has a company called Red Dragon Management in Herndon, NV

You find his last known address in the NFA trail.

I hope someone can get him thrown in jail. He answered the NFA complaints sort of with a "Nyah, Nyah you can't touch me." and then Green tree started in earnest.

What to do now

CFTC Attorney Alex Levine (312.596.0699) is working with the Dept. of Justice to get this into court. Be sure you are registered as a complaintant.

Back