• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Big fraud at avafx.com broker!

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
if they could really trace the IP address of that person that logged into your account then that would be the best. if they not willing to do that then they are scammers...sorry for yr loss

hej
i am sorry to her this happening to You. hope, You will get Your money back.
regards

czesc.
przykro mi ze to Cie spotkalo. mama nadzieje, ze wszystko odzyskasz. tez jakis czas zajmuje sie forexem.
pozdrawiam z Irlandii forexowicza :)

Thanks for your support and conern about my problem with AvaFX Broker. I think it's intereting case for all investors that were going to open account there or already has account at Ava. Many of you read my story and probably started to think is it safe to trust this broker as they did nothing to help me. They thought that if that case go big they will blackmail me: 6000$ or final response letter for Irish Financial Ombudsman.

It's all about something more: it's about how they acted (or not really acted at all). They just ignored m problem. They didn't want to inform Irish Police which should now about this kind of things. So for them it's normal when somebody hacks account at their site and literally destroy it. They also didn't agreed to cancel those positions. I've never received answers to e-mails sent to addresses on their site.
Lot of people told me that maybe destroying my account was good for broker. I've read about similiar case at other site - so now I know that these actions may happen at other sites. Where is honesty?

I'm waiting (also all organizations and media sites) for full investigation to start. I hope it will solve the case and let me get back my money. I believe in Irish financial Ombudsman. Maybe they will find the truth.

pawel

Don't you have an account manager there. I do and he sends me at least 2 emails per day and phones me often. Any problems I have he sorts out.
If your computer was hacked then it is your problem. If it was hacked on their side then it is theirs.
But how to prove it??
I have been with them for some months and am happy so far. Even their twice daily trade tips are good and I often use them and have not yet lost a trade.

Your post sound like it's no ta customer but manager of Ava speaking here. Unfortunately, I don't remeber my manager writing or calling me at all. I doubt they care at all about their customers issues. Contact was only possible using chat and even that was just non acceptable. Investigations will fully explain wha happened. All documents were sent to Ombudsman. I can't really write more about it but I will do it after investigation.

Please do. We all waiting. Ava is a major broker so your input here is important to us that use Ava.
Thank you.

This whole situation is just odd...Pharaoh put up the only reasonable explanation why some hacker would even bother to do this. Did you notice any strange price movement in the market at the time of these orders maybe confirming Pharaoh's theory that they used multiple accounts to push the market one way while trading in the other? Unless you have some enemies in Vietnam that just wanted to wipe out your money :err:

Hello!
I don't know anybody from Vietnam and I've even never visted this country. Unfortunately I couldn't notice any movement cause I slept when this happened. I think broker should take a look when something like that is happening. Why they allow to enter account from different IPs in such a short period of time? Why nobody even touched my other accounts on different sites, only Ava acc. was affected? Lot of uqestions to answer...

Hi, pawelrad,

I read your story, that is horrible what happened to you.

I believe there is no rational meaning in hacking an account for placing positions due to forex liquidity. In order to manipulate market, the amount of money required to move even few pips, is too much for 12,000 USD.

If a hacker (or a group of hackers) really wanted to take advantage on that, there were needed some supercomputers on client and server sides and incredibly fast internet conection between them to exchange some tens of billions of password combinations in thousands of hundreds of live accounts, accessing them syncronized to all short/long the pair in order to move some pips in direction hackers want. Beyond this, I doubt the pips they earned would be compensated by electric energy, internet conection, and infrastructure spendings. Well, I see that is the most reasonable foundation for hacking an account, once hackers can not withdraw any money from forex account. Instead, there remain only manipulations by AvaFX side we can believe to have happened.

I also feel sad for what happened to you and I wish you good trades in a decent broker. (I recommend you searching for a honest ECN + STP broker with clean history regulated by well known organizations. Choosing the right broker is harder than builing a trade system, I think I can not point out more than 3 good brokers.)

Hi!
Other investors also told me that it may be suspicious broker behaviour here. Unfortunately I don't have possiblity to check what really happened, this is why I hope that finacial ombudsman will investigate and properly check that. I think that they might be two sides of this - suspicious broker behavior and no security at site, and then -no intentions to inform police and help me.

Back