• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Bitecfinance.com

I am having an issue with a company

Johan Olwage

Private, 1st Class
Please note the attached. This group of scammers use a website name as per above. They are using the name of an existing company in Bangkok (Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre) and even use the same company's address and registration certificate as theirs!
Their modus operandi is to approach people on Facebook Messenger in order to lure investors in. I was approached by one Cynthia Amelia (not her real name and most probably a stolen identity). I have already listed this name as a scammer on Facebook.
They claim to invest funds at great returns and then just never release any funds back to the Investor afterwards, with all sorts of rules being made up as the Investor tries to withdraw funds.
Please see attached notification received from the real BITEC warning the general public of this fraud.

Attachments

• BITEC Warning.jpeg
    BITEC Warning.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 11
Please note the attached. This group of scammers use a website name as per above. They are using the name of an existing company in Bangkok (Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre) and even use the same company's address and registration certificate as theirs!
Their modus operandi is to approach people on Facebook Messenger in order to lure investors in. I was approached by one Cynthia Amelia (not her real name and most probably a stolen identity). I have already listed this name as a scammer on Facebook.
They claim to invest funds at great returns and then just never release any funds back to the Investor afterwards, with all sorts of rules being made up as the Investor tries to withdraw funds.
Please see attached notification received from the real BITEC warning the general public of this fraud.
Did you send the email to the original company regarding this?

Yes, I made a very small $100 test deposit. It is therefore no big loss to me. I wish my post to serve as an early waring to others, though.
I attach a transcript of my online chat with them.

Attachments

• Conversation transcript.docx
    20.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes, I made a very small $100 test deposit. It is therefore no big loss to me. I wish my post to serve as an early waring to others, though.
Thanks for the information but even before you want to try anyone with a small deposit, make sure to search about them properly. Ask the question first here, not after you are getting a problem.

These scams are called Pig Butchering, you can Google for more information. Usually they will let you withdraw a very small amount to make the investment look real. Try to withdraw your $100 and say you want to test the withdraw process.

Back