Bitsbear scam on WhatsApp

Anonymouse

Recruit
I was in the process of being baited via the pig butchering scam on WhatsApp. Just making this post for visibility if others also receive a link to this website. I did not lose anything and have not sent any crypto to that website and do not plan on it. I was just sent the link yesterday, and after a quick duck duck go search, found some useful info on Reddit that warned this was a scam. I consider myself lucky.

I do want to add that these scammers are really good at what they do. I thought I was having an innocent conversation with a nice Asian girl for about two weeks. Things started smelling fishy when “she” mentioned her uncle had helped her with investing opportunities and asked if I wanted to learn. At this point I figured who I was talking to probably wasn’t a woman at all, and sure enough shortly after they hit me with the Bitsbear link. Beware and be safe.

I was in the process of being baited via the pig butchering scam on WhatsApp. Just making this post for visibility if others also receive a link to this website. I did not lose anything and have not sent any crypto to that website and do not plan on it. I was just sent the link yesterday, and after a quick duck duck go search, found some useful info on Reddit that warned this was a scam. I consider myself lucky.

I do want to add that these scammers are really good at what they do. I thought I was having an innocent conversation with a nice Asian girl for about two weeks. Things started smelling fishy when “she” mentioned her uncle had helped her with investing opportunities and asked if I wanted to learn. At this point I figured who I was talking to probably wasn’t a woman at all, and sure enough shortly after they hit me with the Bitsbear link. Beware and be safe.

very lucky indeed. Can you provide us the link they sent you?

very lucky indeed. Can you provide us the link they sent you?
Sure thing. I thought about creating an account on the website just to grab some of their wallet addresses and report them, but I’m not sure how much that would do… They also sent me a screenshot of the website from their phone, it looks like their gmail address is in the screen capture as well, although I’m sure it’s just a throwaway. I could post it here also though

Sure thing. I thought about creating an account on the website just to grab some of their wallet addresses and report them, but I’m not sure how much that would do… They also sent me a screenshot of the website from their phone, it looks like their gmail address is in the screen capture as well, although I’m sure it’s just a throwaway. I could post it here also though

Yes, please post as much information as possible to warn others. Obviously don't disclose any of your personal information.

What was her name? sounds familiar?, is she in Japan?

What was her name? sounds familiar?, is she in Japan?
“She” called herself Coco Lin from Singapore. This was the third particular person to message me like this in the past two months back in January. It felt so real each time, they know how to play on your feelings and get you excited.

Although it was kind of a red flag the way the initial messages kept coming in - them thinking I’m “someone else”, and that they are a “secretary” that had the “wrong number”. After a few messages, they would message me from a new number saying that my number was “removed” from the previous number because it was a business number. When in actuality I think the old number just got burned.

They change their picture every so often also. Usually to a different Asian female to appeal to the males. I’m assuming it’s the opposite if you’re a female.

But to get back to your question, they could claim to be from many different Asian countries and be of any different Asian descent. At least that has been my experience and others’ based on what I’ve read about this scam. The other two that I’ve been messages by have been called Lena and Susan.

I’ve more recently been invited by two different people, at least one seemingly male, to join a bitcoin discussion group. One is a link that I just got yesterday to WhatsApp, the app I am getting these messages on.

See the video and website below, both will explain the entire scam which is called Pig Butchering.

Yep, that’s exactly the thing I’ve read about on Reddit and suspected that this was. I feel so terrible for the people that actually fall victim to these scumbags. Once a little bit is explained about these scammers, the rest isn’t terribly surprising.

That’s a nice video on the subject, thank you for sharing.

Back