• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Bitsen uses fake avatar, education background, and professional experience to lure people (www.ioaxes.com/h5)

I am having an issue with a company

Sarah Noble

Recruit
I was lured to this site and lost more $347k. The scammer used LinkedIn to lure me and pretended to be someone whom I used to know. He first convinced me to invest a small amount and showed profit. Later he showed me how to withdraw money from Bitsen to further convince me to invest more money. After I sent more than $347k, Bitsen claimed that I made profits and owed $247k tax, and told me that I cannot withdraw without buying USDT from Coinbase, Gemini, and crypto.com and send the coins to Bitsen. After I argued that Bitsen intends to overthrow US tax law and hold my funds hostage, Bitsen locked my account. I have reported the scam to local police, IC3 of FBI, and Canadian Fraud Center. Bitsen claims to be in Canada, but their IP address showed it is hosted in Beijing, China since 2016 (https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/ioaxes.com.)

Bitsen is an absolute scam. The scammer uses fake avatar, education background, and professional experience to lure people. They either use romance relation, or they take advantage of mothers' intendency of getting more financial security for their kids.

The attachments are the photos and profiles which the scammer put on LinkedIn. Plus, the linked in profiles' address.

Attachments

• 1644211237830.jpg
    1644211237830.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 1645192829708.jpg
    1645192829708.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1645473755180.jpg
    1645473755180.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 26
  • WeijieChen_potrat2.PNG
    WeijieChen_potrat2.PNG
    109.7 KB · Views: 26
  • WeijieChenPortrait2.PNG
    WeijieChenPortrait2.PNG
    128.5 KB · Views: 25
  • WeijieChenPortrait3.PNG
    WeijieChenPortrait3.PNG
    676 KB · Views: 26
  • WeijieChenPortrait4.PNG
    WeijieChenPortrait4.PNG
    160.1 KB · Views: 23
  • WeijieChenPortrait5.PNG
    WeijieChenPortrait5.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Suspect LinkedIn Profiles.docx
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5859.PNG
    IMG_5859.PNG
    193.5 KB · Views: 25
Sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing many details. These scams are difficult to trace but it is good you have reported to the authorities.

Try to contact and report the scam to the Embassy of China in Canada or the Consulate-General of China in Canada. They can open the case and get Interpol to investigate the case.

(The following phone numbers are taken from: http://ca.china-embassy.org/eng/sggg/201708/t20170815_4666180.htm)

Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre: 001-888-495-8501

For consular protection and assistance, please call the following emergency phone numbers:

Embassy of China in Canada: 001-613-789-3513

Consulate-General of China in Toronto: 001-416-5290068

Consulate-General of China in Calgary: 001-403-537-6916

Consulate-General of China in Vancouver: 001-778-238-0003

Consulate-General of China in Montreal: 001-438-401-6980

Global Emergency Call Centre for Consular Protection and Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +86-10-12308 or +86-10-59913991

I think my mom just got scammed by the same group. How did this end up for you? Are you willing to talk?

I think my mom just got scammed by the same group. How did this end up for you? Are you willing to talk?
Start by taking screen shots of all your trades, transfers, conversations, etc. Then file an IC3 with the FBI which can be done online. Whatever you do, Do Not pay any fees or taxes to try and get your money back as this is part of the scam.

The scammer found me in LinkedIn and pretended to be someone whom I once knew. He knew I am very passionate about Chinese ancient poems and I do oil paintings as a hobby. He first approached me about his experience on a painting auction of Pablo Picasso's paintings. He told me this name, of course it was fake, and his family background which stroke my memory of being a young faculty in one of the Chinese University. He told me his father was a president of a Chinese University. So I thought he was my old colleagues' kid. He found out I work for a high tech company as a senior scientist. He started working this way to show me his good sense of science, good upbringing, and pretended to be well educated and erudite. Once he found I always feel guilt because I could not nurse my son and give him any siblings , he started convincing me to invest for my son, and told me the story of not letting my son lagging behind at the "starting point." He asked me to invest a small amount for cryptocurrency option trading on Bitsen. I started with $3000, and he walked me through to show I can make 20% profit. To further convince me, he showed me how to withdraw my coins from Bitsen. Every transaction was through Coinbase, which was very deceiving. I trusted Coinbase and saw I can quickly turn around, after he pressured me, I sent more funds to Bitsen through Coinbase. I started growing suspicion when I asked him to show me his parents' picture, and after he pressured me to take money out of my 401K and borrow money against my properties. At that moment, I knew I was scammed. I did not tell him and started collecting evidence. Then I found out Bitsen webpage was locked by Microsoft. I questioned him. Of course, he tried to lie to me. Further, when I tried to even withdraw $500, Bitsen claimed that I owe $247k tax and asked me to buy coins of that amount from Coinbase, crypto.com, or Gemini, and send the coin to Bitsen. I argued what Bitsen did was to try to overthrow the US tax law and to hold my funds as hostage. Bitsen locked me out after I messaged to "its online support." At that moment, my conversation with those bastards was mainly for the purpose of collecting evidence. Anyway, I reported to every government agent which Coinbase security support told me to report. I filed a formal complain to against the scammer which will lead to prosecution in our local police office. I found Bitsen was not in Canada, one of the search showed it was in Beijing. I called the police department in Beijing right way and reported the scammer's Wechat number. After me, he kept posting fake profiles on LInkedIn. I wrote a post to expose the Chinese Scammers, and I literally saved couple of my colleagues falling into the traps set up by the scammers. I am a Christian and I believe God was telling to use my talent to benefit mankind, to take care of my family with love, to stay away from the wicked ones, and not to walk in the way of sinners, and not to sit with the mockers. I have been working very hard for every penny I had. This was the first time in my whole life when I had a thought about making a bit more than the zero interesting by depositing my money with banks. God taught me a lesson on not being greedy, and first find God's way and walk with him, then I will be like a tree planted next to a spring. "Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes lied down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even through I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23. Please tell your mom not to allow those bastards to ruin her life. Her life is more valuable than the money stolen. May God be with her, protect her, comfort her, and encourage her. God bless her.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Unfortunately, my mom got in an even deeper mess. We are doing everything we can to support her. We have filed online with IC3 but trying to see what else we can do. Not sure if filing with our local police will matter since they’ll just refer to IC3 anyway. Did you find contacting Beijing police helpful? Are they looking into it? Did you contact the Canadian embassy in China too? Or Chinese embassy in Canada? I know the money is nearly impossible to recover, but I want to exhaust all options.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Unfortunately, my mom got in an even deeper mess. We are doing everything we can to support her. We have filed online with IC3 but trying to see what else we can do. Not sure if filing with our local police will matter since they’ll just refer to IC3 anyway. Did you find contacting Beijing police helpful? Are they looking into it? Did you contact the Canadian embassy in China too? Or Chinese embassy in Canada? I know the money is nearly impossible to recover, but I want to exhaust all options.

Filing to your local police can protect you from identity fraud in the future. You would not know what those scammers can do if your ID or passport was exposed to them.

If you would like to get more help, go to this site:

https://www.globalantiscam.org/

They have 24 hrs live chat all helps are volunteers who are truly knowledgeable on what to do on what happened to your mom.

Lastly beware of recovery companies approaching you, as you know the possibility of getting back the money is very minimal. Do not fall into anyone trap on promising you that they can help you get back your money as 99% of them are just another scam.

That's a pretty hefty loss. Trust no one. Be careful out there.
You are absolute right. I have been doing scientific research since my graduation from college. I was never exposed to such evil perpetrators who have no moral at all and are ultimately evil. Now, I know. From now on, I will walk under the guidance of God and being a very good Christian.

Back