Blitz

SystemTrader

Private
I came up with this idea for an EA that I plan to make soon. Of course I'll back test it, and the results might be great or they might be horrible. Right now it's just a concept. But it's not in line with my favorite setups. My favorite setups depend on channel breakouts... I like to place one trade that attempts to follow the trend, and another that grabs 20 pips and exits.

I wonder if this idea might be also called scalping, since I don't know what scalping is. Or maybe you've seen something like this and have some information to add. Here it is: (Note: My first idea for x is 15 pips, but might be adjusted with testing)..

1. place 2 stops x points from Bid - one above the bid, and one below.
2. if opened, immediately edit its limit to be x, and stop to be 1/2 x. also cancel other stop.
3. if there are no stops pending and also no open orders, reset and place 2 stops.

I call it the blitz. I considered shotgun and slingshot, too. Naming EAs is fun for me. What do you think of this concept?

Last edited:
I came up with this idea for an EA that I plan to make soon. Of course I'll back test it, and the results might be great or they might be horrible. Right now it's just a concept. But it's not in line with my favorite setups. My favorite setups depend on channel breakouts... I like to place one trade that attempts to follow the trend, and another that grabs 20 pips and exits.

I wonder if this idea might be also called scalping, since I don't know what scalping is. Or maybe you've seen something like this and have some information to add. Here it is: (Note: My first idea for x is 15 pips, but might be adjusted with testing)..

1. place 2 stops x points from Bid - one above the bid, and one below.
2. if opened, immediately edit its limit to be x, and stop to be 1/2 x. also cancel other stop.
3. if there are no stops pending and also no open orders, reset and place 2 stops.

I call it the blitz. I considered shotgun and slingshot, too. Naming EAs is fun for me. What do you think of this concept?

For the curious, the answer is that this idea is not profitable.

Back