Book List

Eric Alyea

Master Sergeant
I would like to propose that we have an educational book list in the “Beginners Bootcamp” section. I’m not sure what the rules are, if that is considered promotion or commercial, etc., but if allowed the people that have rank can post what they liked to learn from and their progressive favorites.

My Book List:

My Book List:

Right now my beginning favorites are:

“The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading”:
The Rules for Turning Trading Patterns into Profit
by: Jared Martinez

“ Getting Started in Currency Trading”:
Winning in Todays Hottest Marketplace
by: Michael D. Archer

and for understanding the BIG game:

“The Floating Battlefield”:
Corporate Strategies in the Currency Wars
by: Gregory J. Millman

Last edited:
not in any particular order...

"Trading for a living" .........Dr Alexander Elder

"Trading in the zone" ........Mark Douglas (good trader psychology book)

"Disciplined Trader: Developing Winning Attitudes" ........ Mark Douglas (yes him again)

finally....

"Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom" ........ Van K. Tharp

I think reading up on the psychology of trading is a good idea as it's pretty much why most people fail.

For general trading psychology and trading best practices:

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator written by Edwin Lefèvre

Book List Compilation

Book List Compilation

I tried to compile a list of reference books from the searches I have done here. They are in no particular order, except I put Sive’s and Pharaoh’s at the top.

The List:

"Trading with DiNapoli levels" by: Joe DiNapoli.
"Japanese Candles" and "Beyond the Candles" by: Larry Williams
Other Author’s: Murphy, Shwager, Demark, Nisson
(Sive Morten) https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...y-august-30-september-3-2010-a.html#post44708

"Trend Trading" by: Daryl Guppy
(Pharaoh) https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-articles/1857-reading-list.html#post5146

"The Complete Turtle Trader" by: Michael Covel
"Day Trading & Swing Trading the Currency Market" by: Kathy Lien
"The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading, The Rules for Turning Trading Patterns into Profit” by: Jared Martinez
" Getting Started in Currency Trading, Winning in Today’s Hottest Marketplace” by: Michael D. Archer
"The Floating Battlefield,Corporate Strategies in the Currency Wars” by: Gregory J. Millman
"Trading for a living" by: Dr Alexander Elder
"Trading in the zone" by: Mark Douglas
"Disciplined Trader: Developing Winning Attitudes" by: Mark Douglas
"Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom" by: Van K. Tharp
"Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by: Edwin Lef?vre
"A practical Guide to Swing Trading" by: Larry Swing
"Beat the Forex Dealer" by: Augistin Silvani
"Forex Patterns and Probabilities" by: Ed Ponsi
"Trade What You See: How To Profit from Pattern Recognition (Wiley Trading)" by: Leslie Jouflas
"Harmonic Trading, Volume One: Profiting from the Natural Order of the Financial Markets" by: Scott Carney
"The Little Book of Currency Trading: How to Make Big Profits in the World of Forex” by: Kathy Lien
"How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange” by: Courtney Smith
"7 Winning Forex Strategies for Trading Forex” by: Grace Cheng

Don’t forget FPA’s own Forex Military School:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-military-school-banker-reveals-his-secrets-free/

A new source of books and reviews to check out called "Forex Book". A Blog of Forex books and their reviews: http://www.forex-book.org/

Last edited:
These are two that I was told to read by my mentor and I recommend them if you plan on trading using technical analysis.

Trade What You See: How To Profit from Pattern Recognition (Wiley Trading)
by Leslie Jouflas

Harmonic Trading, Volume One: Profiting from the Natural Order of the Financial Markets by Scott Carney

Both are $60 new but I picked them up used in like new condition from Amazon for about $35 each.

Dave

There are a lot of book! Is it worth to read them all? Can you advise me only ONE?

Back