Broker For Scalpers?

Nick77

Private
Hello forex scalpers,

I was wondering what you guys think is the best broker for scalping traders. I have tried about three different demos that were just OK. I don't like EFX or MBT because there are no charts and their spreads change to much. Dukascopy was pretty good, half a pip spreads mostly, but you have to have $50,000 to open an account. Does anyone have a good broker for scalping? Thanks.

Nick

FX FUTURES all the Way!!!

Hello forex scalpers,

I was wondering what you guys think is the best broker for scalping traders. I have tried about three different demos that were just OK. I don't like EFX or MBT because there are no charts and their spreads change to much. Dukascopy was pretty good, half a pip spreads mostly, but you have to have $50,000 to open an account. Does anyone have a good broker for scalping? Thanks.

Nick

Forget Forex....... you will LOSE...... look at CME FX Futures....

OZ :eek:oh:

Cme Fx Futures

I appreciate your advice Oz. It sounds like you tried scalping forex but then you switched over to futures. Can you please explain a little bit more about what cme forex futures are and why they are better? Also do you need a special broker to trade futures, and if so who do you recommend? Thanks.

Nick

Google CME FX.....

I appreciate your advice Oz. It sounds like you tried scalping forex but then you switched over to futures. Can you please explain a little bit more about what cme forex futures are and why they are better? Also do you need a special broker to trade futures, and if so who do you recommend? Thanks.

Nick

..... a good couple of summaries can be found there. Never really tried FOREX live... but about three years ago I met a Ukrainian guy who actually ran a 1-man operation (bucket shop), HE showed me the software and ALL the inside stuff he did! See, FOREX is big here as people are attracted to the low amounts (some offer accounts for $20) :shocked: Remember incomes are lower here... a big 16 ounce (half liter) beer is .40 to .60 cents!!!!!!! (Only the women are expensive - :eek:oh:)

I am enjoying the EURO FX and concentrate solely on it. It trends, it is based against the DOLLAR but not as a pair... just a value such as 1.4678, and each tick (pip) is $12.50! I trade off a 60 minute chart and my only BIG concern is this market does have some GAPS... I have seen a 31 pip jump (gap)...

It is less liquid, but you know exactly where you will be filled (limits) and the CME backs it all - TRANSPARENT!!

The broker I use is INFINITY FUTURES, I have a long relationship with them (S&P 500). $250 margin per lot, $6.50 round turn, 1 pip spread...

For me, listing the pros verses the one con... FX Futures - WIN!!

OZ :) LIVING the DREAM in 'Eye-Candy' LAND!! ;)

Attachments

• Email Long.jpg
    Email Long.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
  • GAP email.jpg
    GAP email.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 30
Hello Nick77,
Every trader defines "scalping" differently, but with an
average profit in the range of 6 to 10 pips per trade, I
consider myself a scalper. All of my scalp-type trading is
done thru my Oanda account. Some things I do that I
consider important to scalping successfully in the FX
markets is to stay away from market orders as much as
possible. The only time I use a market order is upon my
entries. As soon as I have entered I immediately enter
a stop-loss limit order and a take profit limit order
(always in that order..). Many of the more suspicious
fills that traders often recieve occur when manually
entering with market orders. Using limit orders seems
to guarantee that I get my wanted price much more often
than not. As a scalper I also consider it of the utmost importance
to only trade during the markets most liquid time periods.
I consider this important irregardless of whether a trader is
a scalper or not, but it becomes even more important when
scalping and trading costs (ie. spreads) must be kept to
an absolute minimum. Slow, illiquid market conditions usually
mean larger spreads. I don't trade news for the very same
reason (skewed spreads..). Are you presently trading?
Or getting ready to begin?

Back