• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

BTNLightning anyone test it??

Mobber444

Recruit
Good day fellow traders!

I have been using the free software of beat the news for some time, but haven't really gotten into it as I do not like news trading mainly because of the ridiculous spread during news events and the major slippage. The same company sent me an email about 2 weeks ago advertising their new software BTNLightning. It is automated software that promised but doesn't guarantee about 30% profit per month. The software is free the only catch is you have to pay them 50% of the profit for their effort. The setup of the whole system is quite easy they do everything for you. I haven't tried it yet but one my buddies did and he says that after a week he hasn't even had one winning trade, he doesn't run it on vps, don't know if that would even make a big difference. It seems like it's a scalpter alot like million dollar pips.

Has anyone had any experience with them and how did the trading go?

For any of those new spike packages, you need a broker that will fill you without too much slippage or spread widening. The broker also has to permit news trading, or else your profitable trades could be cancelled later.

Can you name a few brokers like that? I used Million Dollar Pips for a couple of months with VPS, I am at IBFX AU and it almost never made a positive trade. Guess the broker is not suitable for these kind of packages. Spoke to my friend using it this weekend and he is also at IBFX AU and he says his trades differs a lot from their myfxbook statements.

Just google and you'll find brokers that "claim" to give good trades for news.

Personally, I gave up spike trading awhile back. You need to find a reliable ECN broker that won't screw you on spread or commissions. That's a tall order to fill. Most traders who do use spike software don't like to share the name of the broker they use. The reason is that too many traders making the same trades on that broker will lead to partial fills, no fills, requotes, wider spreads, and possibly deliberate manipulation.

Back