can a stop loss be triggered when the main market is closed?

disappointed#

Private
hi . .I'm still new to trading and wanted to know if a stop loss can be triggered when the market is closed. I noticed that i can't see data or movement when the main market is closed. . I'm still on a demo account. . trying to gather more knowledge

I am often let order more than a day working as swing trading, sometimes still has active order on last week, there is nothing weird with stop-loss, it will be closed when the price hit the number.

I'm try to say if a stop loss can be triggered during the gap. . during Friday close and Monday open
No that is not possible as the fx market are closed during that time. However there are some brokers that offer Guaranteed stop loss. In this case your order will be closed at the price specified, no matter the gap.

No not while the market is closed. When the markets open Sunday night (if your broker feeds then) then it could close you out immediately if price gaps past your SL. But no not on like a Saturday

When the market is close; there is no way to touch the market! And if your SL was placed on a position, where market moved during the off days; then your SL will be closed after the opening immediately!

When the market is close; there is no way to touch the market! And if your SL was placed on a position, where market moved during the off days; then your SL will be closed after the opening immediately!
Sometimes I have active orders on Friday market until the Monday market open, however never get an experience like that where stop loss hit because of gaps, maybe my stop loss far from the gaps prices.

Back