Ponzi Scheme Can anyone tell me about My MTI Club? (mirrortradinginternational.com/mymticlub.com)

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Now I’m just wondering about this. FXchoice say they they booted MTI on the 10 th of June, and on the 26nd of June thay say they can’t divulge any client information....? Who is this George and why doesn’t het give his full name, and why don't they Do a proper press release or press charges?
View attachment 56698View attachment 56699
Hi Kate.
MTI fails and/or refuse to give any credible reply to the FXChoice allegations of dishonesty .
FXChoice confirmed the statement not only in their Twitterfeed but also on their helpline.
MTI 's silence on this issue leaves me with one conclusion and that is that the FXChoice statement are indeed correct and true and that MTI has been misleading members and investors.
What other conclusion can be made?

Thanks for all the contributors in this thread, and thanks for FX Choice for clearing the air.

I want to share the following info (all available in the public space). Hopefully this post will deter any future investors from losing hard eared to the MTI scam.

Johann Steynberg is a career scammer & con artist. He has been involved in numerous other scams, including (but not limited too ) KIPI and Crypto Gold. A quick Google search of his name will reveal this.

Here is a pic of him during his KIPI days (Note the logo on his shirt)

View attachment 56457

Another pic during his Cryptogold days:
View attachment 56458

Furthermore, other top members & affiliates at MTI are ALSO seasoned Ponzi scheme enthusiasts. Pictured below Cheri Marks and Clynton Marks. They have been involved and promoting past ponzi schemes like, BTC GLOBAL & MMM. Cheri was integral to growth of BTC global in SA, and she was in direct communication with the kingpin (There is literally tons of info available on this online, with some even suggesting the kingpin didn't exist and she was behind the whole scam)

View attachment 56460

While Johann has appeared in select videos the 2 above have made their flashy lifestyle very public, buying million Rand cars, and even recently buying a R11 million rand home in Durban.

With over R2bn under Bitcoin management in MTI, and the cloud of doubt hanging over the company one would assume their house in order? Until this day they have not even bothered to file their returns.

View attachment 56462
This can be verified here: https://eservices.cipc.co.za/ by searching the company name.

Dodgy characters with a history being involved in scams? CHECK
Not compliant with local company legislation? CHECK

I would urge anyone reading that is not based in SA to report MTI to your local financial services and trading governing bodies. These people have been scamming innocent people for more than 10 years. Unfortunately local authorities are understaffed and overworked, and they have not been convicted for any past schemes.
Read this newsletter and fit the pieces together. Take note of the names of the Directors and management. Marks, Ward family and Gray (Cheri Ward-Gray-Marks in that order).

Attachments

• mti_strategic_conference_2020.pdf
    166.2 KB · Views: 71
Still not convinced. 130000 people involved, what they are claiming is not a small matter. Why just make random statements on social media, why not sue?

It just seems so petty to run to forums and social media. Imwould have gone straight to my lawyer and let him contact MTI about false claims etc... something feels off.

Still not convinced. 130000 people involved, what they are claiming is not a small matter. Why just make random statements on social media, why not sue?
My word you are obviously new to this space... ever hear of bitconnect?

As long as you get your money you are happy, actually see who these guys are what they have been involved with for the last 10 years... BtcGlobal, MMM, MDC, Kipi, mydeposit24, devoted investments take your pick...

It just seems so petty to run to forums and social media. Imwould have gone straight to my lawyer and let him contact MTI about false claims etc... something feels off.
If you are invested in MTI it is quite possible that you will need a lawyer in the future.I suggest that you consider briefing one.This will get ugly.

FXChoice hasn't lost anything yet due to their claims,and those claims weren't malicious in themselves so would definitely not be worth attempting a cease and desist. It is however pretty damning of MTI so if they wish to prove their case and trades they are free to do so.

Given client privilege FXChoice can't divulge much except when countering claims in the public domain so there once again showing integrity even after being badmouthed by MTI on numerous occasions. Having a business that has representation so close to ground level to interact with Joe Soap is very progressive too and appreciated by the community

As a closing note,understand that 130 000 people is not an impressive number for a con,there have been far larger scams that looked very super legit to everybody "invested"

Common methods used by scammers

The three billion dollar scams used methods commonly employed by typical large scale Ponzi schemes. Firstly, criminals prey on two inherent human flaws, greed, and lust for “easy” money.

For example, Bitconnect managed to keep new investors coming on board because it promised a rate of return of 0.25% per day.

While this promise might look surreal, it is also true that investors like “passive incomes” that reward with a high return on equity. Many did join and became affiliates of Bitconnect.

Ordinarily, a potential investor must conduct a due diligence exercise and the necessary research before committing to investing.

So while it may seem logical to invest in something that one understands, the reality is scammers count on people not doing any research.

Scammers know that the promise of a “significant return” is enough to attract hordes of new investors. Logic is usually sacrificed.

In-person meetups and crypto education campaigns

Meanwhile, the Plus Token scam, which also used similar tactics to seduce millions of unsuspecting investors, went a step further.

According to a report by Chainalysis, the scam’s ringleaders went the extra mile in their efforts to portray the scam as a legitimate investment business.

For example, Plus Token hosted several in-person meet-ups educating attendees on the company and cryptocurrency as a whole. It also took out ads in supermarkets and other physical spaces.

The Plus Token app itself was another marketing channel.

Perhaps the most brazen act by one member of the Plus Token team has to be the use of photos that feature Prince Charles of England, to bolster the public perception of the scam.

The use of prominent figures is indeed a growing tactic used by other scammers to woo new investors. The recent Twitter donation scam used a tactic known as trust trading to steal funds from unsuspecting individuals.

Supporting the notion that scammers prey on the lure of “high returns and zero risks” is Dmytro Volkov, CTO at CEX.io.

The lure of exceptionally high returns is enough to make investors ignore any negative reports about an investment opportunity they may have heard. In fact, it matters little that the organization in question has been flagged by regulators. As long as it promises big, investors will not be concerned.

Volkov gives an example of Onecoin which appears to be active despite the high profile arrests and court cases that made global headlines.

“Sometimes people even take risks deliberately, despite realizing that there is a danger of dealing with scammers. This is because the potential profit, as they see it, is worth it,” Volkov points out.

Aggressive recruitment of new affiliates

Multilevel marketing (MLM) is another strategy that is common with the three giant Ponzi schemes.

Marketers will shill the business opportunity and aggressively recruit new affiliates. Lies and misrepresentations are employed to entice investors to join. Social media channels are also used to recruit new affiliates.

Incoming affiliates are heavily encouraged to recruit soft targets like friends or family members.

That is how Aniekan Fyneface, crypto, and blockchain blogger from Nigeria, joined an infamous Ponzi scheme. Fyneface says he lost all his investment when the MMM Ponzi scheme collapsed in Nigeria.

Fyneface explains that in times of economic recessions, Ponzi schemes such as MMM and Onecoin were seen as legitimate income sources by many Nigerians. This perhaps explains the high number of people that still join Ponzi scams in that country.

However, Fyneface is also convinced that greed is a factor.

Associating legitimate cryptos with scams

In the meantime, Fyneface reveals another tactic employed by MMM scammers to lure unsuspecting victims.

“It is important to note that as bad as MMM was in Nigeria, it gave me and many Nigerians our first exposure to bitcoin. People were able to provide help with not only the Nigeria Naira but they could this with bitcoin which is denominated in US dollars,” explains Fyneface.

Associating scams with financial innovations helps to mask any telltale signs that might give away the con. MMM’s association with bitcoin helped to keep the scam going much longer.

Unless investors start learning these common tactics there will be no shortage of new scam victims.

See how many boxes you can tick

Those that matter know that FXChoice are acting on the up and up,take your MTI money and bail out

The authorities in at least 2 jurisdictions are involved. What you must have missed is that lawyers, regulators, and police are not fast when they are dealing with financial crimes.

Why do you keep dumping doubt on FX Choice's representative's authenticity? Go back to your first post and you'll see confirmation from the FPA Forums Team that he's an employee of FX Choice.

MTI was using FX Choice's reputation to try to recruit others. MTI made false statements about their trading with FX Choice.

If FX Choice had remained silent, what would happen when the claimed 130,000 (or more, since MTI continues to accept new deposits) find out it's scam? Simple. You (if you aren't just a shill for Mirror Trading International) and everyone else would be screaming that FX Choice was an active participant in the scam. If FX Choice had remained silent while letting their lawyers work, how many more people would MTI have recruited while using falsified FX Choice statements as evidence of successful trading?

Then there's this:

Due to this new information, we blocked MTI’s account on 10th June. This was when the last trade was closed. We requested additional documents from MTI to confirm the source of their funds. We are still waiting.

So, FX Choice didn't rush to social media. They gave MTI a fair chance to explain things. MTI failed to do so.

You have 2 options:

1. You can realize something is very wrong with MTI and pull your deposit out now.

2. You can continue trying to cast doubt on any person or organization that points out the many things wrong with MTI.

Let's me take a look. The website is down. If it doesn't come back, be grateful you didn't invest. Time to use alternative investigation methods to get ahead of the curve if it does come back.

mymticlub.com - Registered on August 9, 2019. I personally don't like investing in companies without a much longer history (and a proven track record to go with that history).

Google's cache of the homepage shows the company calls (called?) itself "Mirror Trading International." That sounds like a social trading service, but the description is more like a pooled investment.

Note that what I'm about to say does not apply to PAMM accounts - on those, the broker puts your money in the pool and you can see how well/badly things are going as well as invest/withdraw via the broker.

Pooled investments that are not like PAMMs are very dangerous for 2 reasons.

1. How do you know any results the company shows you are real? Unless you can login with the investor password, you can't be certain whether or not ANY trading is going on. Results in a spreadsheet are just numbers entered into a spreadsheet and may or may not be based in reality. Even broker statements can be faked, unless the broker sends those directly to you.

2. Even if you can get a quick peek at a live account, how do you know that your money is in that pool? Check the CFTC's enforcement press releases. All sorts of profitable pooled investments are really losing pooled investments and most of the money never went anywhere near the broker. Instead, it went to finance the lavish lifestyle of the people running the pool and to pay out some of the non-existant profits to early investors. If this is what's happening, your money is in a Ponzi scheme.

I was checking the Google cache on some of the pages and discovered something.

mirrortradinginternational.com (created April 23, 2019) appears to be identical. This makes my life a little easier.

Funny, the video on their homepage is unavailable. Their "Videos" page shows 3 of their 4 videos as down - mirrortradinginternational.com/videos/ They do have some additional videos on YouTube - youtube.com/channel/UC96zVhuCPm83_HwGTJZ3x0A

They claim daily profits. They also have an "income calculator" (https://www.mirrortradinginternational.com/income-calculator/) which claims a 1 bitcoin investment will turn into 1.11597216 BTC after 1 month. That's over 11% per month. Yes, it says this may not happen, but the concept is to make potentia clients focus on this calculation of high gain and not worry too much about potential loss. What you should really be worrie about is whether you'll ever see any of your money again. As I've pointed out in many other Ponzi scheme threads, Bernard Madoff only offered 10% per year. What makes anyone think some unknown investors can frequently make more than that in a month?

My advice: Don't invest even 0.000000000000000001 BTC until:

MTI's broker sends a statement showing profit on a live account for at least 1 full year.
The South African regulators confirm that MTI doesn't need to be registered with them.

Can I PROVE it's a Ponzi Scheme? No. That can only be proven by a detailed examination of the company's trading records as well as an audit of all the money taken in and disbursed. On the other hand, this has numerous Ponzi-type warning flags.

Read this and then go through the website again to see what I mean:

Ponzi Schemes and HYIPS: Free Money Traps
Seems like we think similarly :)

1597302887300.png

Back