Ponzi Scheme Can anyone tell me about My MTI Club? (mirrortradinginternational.com/mymticlub.com)

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Lurker here. These guys have been running these sorts of scams since working together at Syntek Global in 2012. It's incredible that people still fall for this when a quick search on the web gives you a lot of information about them. Kipi, BTC Global and now MTI. Sickening.

Well let us wait and see what will happen with MTI. Only the future can tell this for sure. It is still possible that they are working with a few other brokers, but do not want to share this information with their investors. Let us see in the next weeks if they get in touch with regulators and we receive communication from both regulators as MTI, also they should implement the KYC procedures.

Well let us wait and see what will happen with MTI.

Thank you for reminding me of what belongs in another square of the Ponzi Bingo Card I'm designing.

Two regulators (at least) have already warned or begun actions. The broker the scheme relied on has exposed the schemers as liars.

Should investor sit around and see what happens next, or should the investor pull out 100% of what's been deposited while withdrawals are still possible? A sane investor would be pulling their deposits out now. Leave the fake profits in the account so that:

A. (most likely) when the asset freezes start, there's less risk of a clawback to reimburse people who lost everything.

B. (highly unlikely) when the members of the Texas State Securities Board throws out all their books on how investments work and put all their own retirement accounts into MTI, the alleged profits will still have generated more profits.

I've been exposing Ponzis (and enduring the abuse that comes with exposing Ponzis) for over 12 years now. Get your money out now while you still can. If you referred anyone else who put money in, call them, apologize, and tell them to get their money out now. Report every scrap of information to the authorities in Texas, South Africa, and whatever country you live in.

Well let us wait and see what will happen with MTI. Only the future can tell this for sure. It is still possible that they are working with a few other brokers, but do not want to share this information with their investors. Let us see in the next weeks if they get in touch with regulators and we receive communication from both regulators as MTI, also they should implement the KYC procedures.

Not sure you're following. These are confirmed scamsters and this is at least the 3rd scam they are running.

Well, at the moment I would advice anyone in MTI to withdraw most of their BTC. If people are paid out until there is only 1000 BTC left in the pool (so about 12000 BTC taken up by investors), MTI will look more reliable - than they are currently perceived on this forum - if they are able to pay out such amounts. If the MTI CEO would suggest to do this to all of members as proof of MTI's reliability. However, the question is also - does MTI want to show such reliability and does MTI want to get out of the gray zone?

Thanks for all the contributors in this thread, and thanks for FX Choice for clearing the air.

I want to share the following info (all available in the public space). Hopefully this post will deter any future investors from losing hard eared to the MTI scam.

Johann Steynberg is a career scammer & con artist. He has been involved in numerous other scams, including (but not limited too ) KIPI and Crypto Gold. A quick Google search of his name will reveal this.

Here is a pic of him during his KIPI days (Note the logo on his shirt)

johan steynberg.jpg

Another pic during his Cryptogold days:
693.1.thumb.jpg

Furthermore, other top members & affiliates at MTI are ALSO seasoned Ponzi scheme enthusiasts. Pictured below Cheri Marks and Clynton Marks. They have been involved and promoting past ponzi schemes like, BTC GLOBAL & MMM. Cheri was integral to growth of BTC global in SA, and she was in direct communication with the kingpin (There is literally tons of info available on this online, with some even suggesting the kingpin didn't exist and she was behind the whole scam)

1596544319711.png

While Johann has appeared in select videos the 2 above have made their flashy lifestyle very public, buying million Rand cars, and even recently buying a R11 million rand home in Durban.

With over R2bn under Bitcoin management in MTI, and the cloud of doubt hanging over the company one would assume their house in order? Until this day they have not even bothered to file their returns.

no returns.PNG

This can be verified here: https://eservices.cipc.co.za/ by searching the company name.

Dodgy characters with a history being involved in scams? CHECK
Not compliant with local company legislation? CHECK

I would urge anyone reading that is not based in SA to report MTI to your local financial services and trading governing bodies. These people have been scamming innocent people for more than 10 years. Unfortunately local authorities are understaffed and overworked, and they have not been convicted for any past schemes.

Ludo!

How nice of you to finally drag your posterior back to the thread. Before you waste any more oxygen demanding my ID, MTI's operation is rather small compared to some of the other frauds I've gone after. Most of those sites are long gone, but many of the culprits avoided prison. Unless you are offering to provide funds to let me hire a personal security team, I'll keep my identity to myself while still pointing out obvious scams and calling out those who should know better than to support those scams.

Before you get too comfy about how nothing legal can happen to you, re-read who is named in that action in Texas. Oh look - affiliates who were introducing people to MTI. And, at the Federal level, actions have been taken against IBs and other affiliates to international scams. Who knows, the Netherlands may decide that punishing those who fed innocent investors to the wolves is a good way to slow down future scams.

Awfully nice of you to warn your downline 3 weeks ago. I guess the email the FPA sent you and the PM I sent (which should have generated an email) plus the simple ethics of withdrawing a claim like:

weren't enough to bring you back sooner. Do you feel the faintest trace of resposibility for someone who might have believed that claim before you came back, or would such a victim not matter to you since they weren't in your downline providing you with commissions?

I also fail to see the apology you (as the ONLY person to not only try to post an MTI affiliate like, but also another affiliate link to a second business opportunity in this thread) owe to me and the others who questioned MTI before you made that flagrantly false accusation.

I still don't see your evidence of me or anyone else in this thread pushing some other questionable business like you did.

I must admit I'm surprised you came back. I've been in other threads that had a dozen or more people acting just like you - defending a company primarily by attacking those who asked questions and pointed out flaws. In each of those cases, when things went bad, those people all quickly disappeared and not one of them ever even admitted the possibility that the magic money train was fake. You get a small amount of credit for that, but still are in the hole for pushing the scheme, making false allegations against all who questioned it, and for being so terribly slow in admitting something wasn't right about MTI.

Pharaoh,

It is a realy simple story. I believed in MTI when i posted the promoting message. Later i got a little gut feeling and slowly my feeling changed about MTI. Then i got my second mail from FXChoice and everything became very clear for me and i took action. So i am normaly (when you don't threaten me!) a normal kind guy and for sure not a scammer. I immediately removed all the people i put in MTI. Not one person lost his/her money..!!

What i want to say is that i think that you do a good job by doing this, but maybe first ask people if they knew it is a scam.

Ludo

Pharaoh,

It is a realy simple story. I believed in MTI when i posted the promoting message. Later i got a little gut feeling and slowly my feeling changed about MTI. Then i got my second mail from FXChoice and everything became very clear for me and i took action. So i am normaly (when you don't threaten me!) a normal kind guy and for sure not a scammer. I immediately removed all the people i put in MTI. Not one person lost his/her money..!!

What i want to say is that i think that you do a good job by doing this, but maybe first ask people if they knew it is a scam.

Ludo

That doesn't quite explain your second post where you said:

People, all the people who are screaming SCAM are the ones who want to sell you an other buisness.

The only "threat" at that point was me pointing out that it's possible any profits collected or commissions gained might be subject to clawbacks. This may or may not happen often in the Netherlands or South Africa, but the USA regulators have been deploying badgers with very long claws while shutting down Ponzis or other financial scams more frequently over time.

So, instead of discussing the issue in a civilized manner, you immediately attacked anyone in the thread who had a gut feeling that something was wrong with Mirror Trading International before you did. Assaulting the credibility of someone with a completely unsupported accusation like this is a very common tactic used by those who promote Ponzi schemes. I know this because I've been exposing Ponzi schemes here at the FPA for over 12 years. Click here and you'll see me in many of the threads getting the same accusation over and over again, but not one of those threads shows me endorsing any investment plan.

I hope you'll now share all the information you have with the authorities in Texas, South Africa, and the Netherlands. I also hope you'll examine any new high paying investments and MLMs a lot more closely before signing up or promoting them.

That doesn't quite explain your second post where you said:

The only "threat" at that point was me pointing out that it's possible any profits collected or commissions gained might be subject to clawbacks. This may or may not happen often in the Netherlands or South Africa, but the USA regulators have been deploying badgers with very long claws while shutting down Ponzis or other financial scams more frequently over time.

So, instead of discussing the issue in a civilized manner, you immediately attacked anyone in the thread who had a gut feeling that something was wrong with Mirror Trading International before you did. Assaulting the credibility of someone with a completely unsupported accusation like this is a very common tactic used by those who promote Ponzi schemes. I know this because I've been exposing Ponzi schemes here at the FPA for over 12 years. Click here and you'll see me in many of the threads getting the same accusation over and over again, but not one of those threads shows me endorsing any investment plan.

I hope you'll now share all the information you have with the authorities in Texas, South Africa, and the Netherlands. I also hope you'll examine any new high paying investments and MLMs a lot more closely before signing up or promoting them.

Is that your biggest consurn? Ok first it was in my experience 10 out of 10 would sell me something. Now is that 10 out of 11.

But what i find childish that you (who else) aranged the words "Ponzi Promotor" on my account without checking if a was aware that i promoted a possible scam.

LudoScreenHunter 236.jpg

FPA Forums Administrator Note: You were promoting a Ponzi scheme. You did this by...

1. Posting your own affiliate link.

2. Endorsing the company.

3. Trying to discredit FPA members who were smart enough to point out the problems with the company.

If you had listened to Pharaoh and the others instead of childishly attacking them, you could have figured out MTI was not what it claimed to be much faster. Instead of banning you, I was nice enough to label you based on your actions while still letting you post.

Back