Ponzi Scheme Can anyone tell me about My MTI Club? (mirrortradinginternational.com/mymticlub.com)

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
I see a one sided story here. Are no MTI members that can tell their side of the story?
MTI members have joined and have less answers than anything else. Responses on other mediums are in the line of "trust us"

They are free to come and prove their cases,they choose not to (or are unable to)

I see a one sided story here. Are no MTI members that can tell their side of the story?

Scroll back to the beginning. You'll see a formerly happy MTI member and affiliate posting "evidence" of successful trades, only to have the only broker MTI mentioned at the time declare the statement wasn't from them.

You'll also see me publicly asking Mirror Trading International for proof and being met by silence.

Oh yes, and the "President of the United States" showed up. He condemned the regulators of Texas by claiming those regulators wanted to somehow suppress any new and better ways to make money. :D

MTI employees and clients are free to come and join the discussion. If they chose to not come, that's because there is zero evidence of successful live trades. If there was evidence, I already laid out how they could turn this thread into the best advertisement ever. Instead, the silence (other than baseless sniping at people who pointed out issues in the thread and regulators who have condemned this scheme) is all we need to see that there is NO evidence to back up any claims that MTI is just another sleazy Ponzi scheme.

Hello everybody. Sorry if this is wrong place to post but I tried looking and can't find any correct place. I found this website with luck but I want to thank you for creating it. I found this site when looking for confirmation on MTI which is giving me scam fibes since the start. I tried warning a few people about it but in the end I just told them that I hope they make alot of money. I don't know if I would get a warning or banned for sharing full story. But for now. Thank you again for this site.

UPDATE: FSCA issues press release re Mirror Trading International

Clients of MTI should know that the FSCA, which is the financial regulator of South Africa, has released guidance concerning the company. You can read their official post here:

In their post, the FSCA states that they have been in contact with FXChoice regarding MTI’s account. We confirm that statement and have already passed on our evidence to the FSCA for consideration.

FPA Forums Team Note: The FSCA altered the link to the press release. We've updated the link to the current one in this and other posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha and the chaos continues

The investigation is ongoing,and MTI has partially co-operated with the FSCA. We are reviewing the information as it becomes available and will involve the South African Police Service if the discrepancies are confirmed. MTI has undertaken to inform all of its clients of the investigation and to provide the opportunity to all its clients to withdraw their assets that are with MTI. We recommend that clients request refunds into their own accounts as soon as possible.

More spiel today...

Dear Members

RE: FSCA, TSSB and the change of broker and trading.
July and August 2020 has been interesting months for MTI members. As we grow into an iconic industry leader, we are the centre point of focus from competitors and the media. We thought it imperative to clearly communicate some changes and offer some information with regards to processes that are underway.
Change of broker.

At the end of July 2020, our CEO Johann Steynberg decided to move the MTI Member Pool (11,000 BTC at the time) to a new broker that better suited MTI’s needs. This broker is unregulated, however after careful consideration, MTI decided to move to said broker as it is in the best interests of our members to do so. Dealing with Bitcoin, which in itself is unregulated, made the said broker a better fit for our business model. The claims in the media regarding the relationship between the initial broker and MTI are not true and we trust that this media release clarifies this for you.

We confirm that the previous broker communicated for the first time with MTI on the 7th August 2020 with regards to the freezing of MTI’s account, which account would be frozen until they have received accounting statements from MTI. MTI has had no objection to submitting the said statements to them, however same will, in accordance with MTI’s financial year end, only be available in September 2020. Accordingly, only once they receive said statements, will they release MTI’s Private Funds.

It is important to note that NO member funds are held with this broker and the funds frozen pertain only to MTI’s private funds. Upon publishing this announcement, the LIVE trading account balance for MTI with our new trader is 14235.725BTC.

MTI has taken the decision that the details of its new broker will not be made public. It is our intention to protect our relationship with the broker and we ask that MTI members respect that. The previous broker was inundated with queries and requests from MTI members, which was one of the reasons for the breakdown in relationship between them and MTI.

We confirm and reiterate that MTI was trading the forex market for members on the broker platform since August 2019 and continued to do so without interruption until we moved to our new broker. In this regard, we further confirm that no demo accounts were used, no LIVE trading videos doctored and no member funds were frozen at any point in time.
As you should know, MTI uses MT4 software (MetaTrader4) and trades are effected by our BOT, contracted exclusively to MTI. The result of such trades can be seen in your back office under TRADING BONUS REPORT. From now on, MTI will also have a limited LIVE view of trades taking place on a weekly basis, confirming actual trades and the member pool balance in the back office for the access of all MTI members. This new feature should be LIVE by Friday 21 August 2020.
MTI will not be getting into a media debate with previous brokers, our focus is to deliver a service to our members and maintain our BOT.

• MTI moved to a new, unregulated broker since we are in an unregulated space with Bitcoin
• No member funds are frozen
• MTI has and will continue to offer trading services to our members
• The claims in the media regarding MTI and the previous broker are not true
• Limited LIVE view of trades and pool balance to be added to the back-office Friday 21/08/2020

FSCA
MTI have been in discussions with the FSCA in South Africa. Two physical meetings have been attended to by MTI at the FSCA offices in South Africa. All trading proof, balances and processes have been given to the FSCA and upon their request, Johann Steynberg went to their offices and showed them LIVE trading taking place and LIVE trading pool balances.
The future of MTI being regulated by the FSCA was discussed, however, after considerable time spent with the FSCA it has become clear to MTI that they will not guide MTI as to what needs to be done in order to be regulated and FSCA approved. The process in order to regularise with the FSCA was done so that our operations would not be interrupted and was by no means an admission of any wrongdoing.

The FSCA will be releasing a statement warning member of the public about MTI. This statement will be published despite the fact that they have seen LIVE trades, confirmed Member Pool Balances and despite the responsibility MTI expressed it feels towards helping members in trying economic times. MTI takes the service we provide to members seriously and we intend on continuing making a difference to members with our innovative product and we stand by our Brand Promise to you. MTI will continue to Grow Your Bitcoin.

• MTI tried to work with the FSCA
• FSCA does not have any intention to assist MTI
• MTI furnished FSCA with all documents requested and showed LIVE trades and balances
• FSCA to release a statement regardless of the above, warning people against MTI

TSSB
MTI was issued with a notice from the Texas State Securities Board (“TSSB”). We have every intention of effectively engaging the TSSB and we have connected with an SEC Defence attorney to assist MTI in this process. As this process is in progress, we cannot further comment on the matter but assure our MTI members that this is a priority and we will do whatever it takes to resolve this matter. Having said this, however, we confirm that after discussions with our SEC Defence attorney, as well as further perusal of the TSSB notice, the grounds upon which notice was submitted seem to be of no merit and pertain to members who were not even based in Texas. As such, and although MTI deems it important to be compliant in every way possible, MTI intends on dealing with the TSSB in the appropriate manner.

• MTI is in a process with the TSSB
• US Legal counsel has been appointed
• MTI cannot comment until the matter is resolved

Change of Broker and Trade
As a result of the current situation with the FSCA, as mentioned above, MTI has changed from FOREX trading to Crypto’s and we are thoroughly excited about this change.
We have been testing a product in the crypto space for a number of months and the performance of the BOT has been exciting. MTI Management, under the guidance of Johann Steynberg, has decided to move MTI into a pure crypto space. This change will be affected on Friday 21 August 2020.
We are very excited about the change and assure our members that our focus has not and will not change. Our aim is to service our members and to GROW Your Bitcoin. Nothing in the back office will change, daily statements will continue and so will communications around results achieved.

During this break from FOREX trading, MTI will continue to seek a trading licence so as to be as compliant as possible. Once this has been achieved, MTI will retake our position in the FOREX Space. We anticipate that this will take no longer than 4 weeks, after which we will then be ADDING the FOREX trading as an additional BOT for members to benefit from, actively then trading FOREX AND CRYPTO’S. The purpose of this change is to offer more to our members and to ensure that MTI continues to help you Grow Your Bitcoin!

• MTI FOREX trading is on hold
• New, tested Crypto BOT will be going live on Fri 21 August 2020
• FOREX BOT will be reintroduced after some weeks
• MTI will continue to help members grow their bitcoin as we have done for the last 18 months
• MTI can change its model to better suit industry requirements to the benefit of all members and without a break in services.

YOUR Decision
MTI is focussed and dedicated to our members. We take our social and economic responsibility to our members seriously. We stand by our brand promise and we will continue to deliver on that promise to the best of our abilities.

As a member you know that MTI functions in a volatile market space with the price of cryptos fluctuating daily. We as a company stand by Bitcoin and we are excited about the future as it remains our belief that Bitcoin IS the future.
It was never the intention of MTI to only ever have one product (FOREX TRADING BOT), and our R & D Department are constantly testing and considering new products and so including Crypto trading into our portfolio was a natural move and one we are excited about.
We will still trade with a low to moderate risk strategy by limiting our exposure, trading with AI rather than individuals, spreading our risk and then of course basic risk management strategies suited to the markets and our product. We remind all members of our excellent track record but also that that is by no means a guarantee of future results.
We want to be clear; MTI will be mentioned in the media. A company with MTI’s stature and growth will attract attention. Members are urged to conduct their own due diligence and to remain focussed on the brand promise of MTI. MTI is here to help you Grow Your Bitcoin, as long as we are providing that service successfully as we have been for the last 18months, there is no need for concern. We urge members to remain focussed as we are, to develop MTI into an iconic heritage brand while navigating through an unregulated space in the cryptocurrency industry.
You, as a member, have the freedom to remain with MTI or to withdraw. The withdrawal and administration service that MTI offers to members is FREE. We are dedicated to the process and we are hopeful in our endeavours to establish MTI has an industry leader, changing the negative perception in the media and continuing to service you, our members.

Hi.
Someone called for a members experience, so I will give it a go.

I was recruited by a close friend into mti in april. He said all the right things to get me interested and showed me all the YouTube clips I needed to see to get convinced. I hardly did any due diligence, seeing he already had done his. I recruited another friend and set up an account for my wife.
We watches the daily profits come in and talked about how we found a great way to earn some extra money, we even considered depositing more.
I joined 3 different Facebook groups dedicated to MTI promotion. This is when I recognized the way it was being promoted. I have no previous experience with ponzis, I do however notice how people claiming something is a great deal or a life changing opportunity actually only do it out of self interest and personal gain.

That's when I started researching (about 10 days after joining). I won't list everything I found, as it has been discussed in this thread alot. But the Main red flags, were the People involved. Almost every affiliate I looked into had previously been involved in various scams and/or get rich Quick schemes. I started asking questions on Facebook, but that was like cursing in church. I sent e mails to the fsca and another financial government departement in SA.
Response from fsca:

In terms of the FSCA records: Mirror Trading International does not appear on our list of authorized financial services providers (FSPs) in terms of Section 8 of the FAIS Act (the Act) and the entity does not appear to be a juristic representative as per the records. We also encourage investor to conduct a detailed due diligence to satisfy themselves before investing with any corporation or FSP. You may use the link beneath in order to verify whether the FSP is registered or not: https://www.fsca.co.za/Fais/Search_FSP.htm

All in all, i withdrew my initial investment in april/may and got my friend to do the same. I begged my other friend(the one Who got me involved) to do the same and get his downline out, but he refuses to believe that it's not legit.

Thank you pharaoh. Your arguments and research really helped and I really love that you are trying to help others pull out in time.

PS, i am writing this on a Norwegian Phone with autocorrect on. Apologies for any spelling mistakes.

I made a suggestion on July 1st:

My best recommendation to anyone with money in MTI Club is to try to withdraw all your money now. If they later come back and can prove they are legitimate, you can always rejoin them. If they truly are a Ponzi scheme, the sooner you get out, the better.

and July 13th (twice)

I believe it's plain. MTI Club/MarketTraders International is nothing but an oversized scam.

For anyone who still has money with them, try to withdraw your initial investment TODAY.

And, most of all, get your initial investment out NOW. In the event (very unlikely in my opinion) the regulators in Texas and South Africa (and others who may also be investigating) all decide that MTI is so great that all complaints are all dropped and every one of the investigators place their retirement plans with MTI, you can always put more money in later.

and on August 3rd:

The safe option is for every investor to withdraw 100% of their initial investments now. This leaves whatever alleged profits there are to generate more hypothetical returns. Even this will break a Ponzi if the scammers have already blown enough cash, so your time to withdraw anything is likely to be very limited.

And on August 6th:

und and see what happens next, or should the investor pull out 100% of what's been deposited while withdrawals are still possible? A sane investor would be pulling their deposits out now.

But hey, I'm just a 4000 year old guy who likes to sleep in a gold coffin. What could I possibly know about artificial intelligence software trading bitcoin? Its not like any regulator would ever issue a press release and give the same advice I gave, right?

Let's al check and see what the regulator said. Here's the link: https://www.fsca.co.za/News%20Documents/FSCA%20Press%20Release%20Mirror%20Trading%20International%2018%20August%202020.pdf

And here's the text:

FSCA Press Release 18 August 2020

Mirror Trading International

The FSCA is investigating the activities of Mirror Trading International. The FSCA is of the
view that the current business model of Mirror Trading International requires it to be in
possession of a financial service provider licence. MTI has informed us that they accept
clients’ funds in the form of Bitcoin, pool the funds into one trading account on a forex
derivative trading platform, and conduct high frequency trading through the utilisation of a
Bot. If this is being done as described, then this amounts to financial services, hence the
licence requirement.

However, the FSCA has a much greater concern about the activities of the company. MTI claims to have more than R2.9 billion (at current conversion rates) in clients’ funds in trading accounts, but we have not been able to conclusively confirm that the funds exist.

Moreover, the returns on the investments claimed by MTI seems far-fetched and unrealistic. According to MTI its Bot-trading is able to generate consistent profits of an average of 10% per month. The FSCA warns the public that MTI is not licensed to conduct the proclaimed business that they are conducting and that they are aware of the need for a FSP licence. The FSCA also draws attention to the fact that FX Choice, the previous platform broker for MTI seem to have made public statements that gainsay the version of MTI in terms of trading volumes and Bot trading. FX Choice has blocked the account of MTI due to compliance concerns. We are in the process of obtaining confirmation from FX Choice of the correctness of the statements attributed to them.

The investigation is ongoing, and MTI has partially co-operated with the FSCA. We are reviewing the information as it becomes available and will involve the South African Police Service if the discrepancies are confirmed. MTI has undertaken to inform all of its clients of the investigation and to provide the opportunity to all its clients to withdraw their assets that are with MTI. We recommend that clients request refunds into their own accounts as soon as possible.

Let me repeat that last sentence in a way to make it stand out. The FSCA said:

We recommend that clients request refunds into their own accounts as soon as possible.

So, if you don't believe me, believe the words of the 3rd regulator to issue an official statement about MTI.

Withdraw your funds from MTI.
Do not delay.
Withdraw your funds now!

UPDATE: FSCA issues press release re Mirror Trading International

Clients of MTI should know that the FSCA, which is the financial regulator of South Africa, has released guidance concerning the company. You can read their official post here:

In their post, the FSCA states that they have been in contact with FXChoice regarding MTI’s account. We confirm that statement and have already passed on our evidence to the FSCA for consideration.

Hi all, my first time on this site! I read this press release via this link only a couple of hours ago, now the page no longer exists? Is anyone else having the same problem?

FPA Forums Team Note: The FSCA changed the link to the press release. We've changed posts at the FPA to point to the new link.

Back