Ponzi Scheme Can anyone tell me about My MTI Club? (mirrortradinginternational.com/mymticlub.com)

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
I am glad I found this thread. Thanks to everyone who did some solid investigative work here. So I am currently an investor in MTI. I am actually also based in South Africa. I have a close friend who works for a company called Orbvest in Cape Town. His boss knows Johann personally and has only good things to say about him (Obviously doesnt prove its not a scam).

I do have my doubts simply because it seems too good to be true. I signed up on 3 September with 0.083 BTC, I am now at 0.122 btc. Pretty happy with that. My plan is to withdraw my intitial investment and buy Kruger Rands with it, and leave the rest in there. That way if it goes balls up at least I got my investment out.

I guess it comes down to whether or not a trading AI can actually be this accurate? I have had a close look at the trade reports as I am sure all of you have as well. The "bot" makes a lot of negative trades, but manages to somehow end postive on the day. I have heard there have been some negative trading days in the past. So for this to be scam those trade reports obviously have to be completely fakes right? They would need a bot to sort of populate the fake trades at the correct prices and correct times?

Lets assume for a second its not a scam, just hypothetically. Wouldn't every person who has ever been involved in a ponzi scheme be jumping on board? I mean wouldn't that be the dream? My point being there would of course be some deplorables on every thread trying to promote MTI.

Further, if this wasn't a scam, how would the "powers that be" feel about it? Without getting too tinfoil hat on everyone, isn't BTC seen as a big F YOU to the FIAT world?

Again for me it simply comes down to whether or not the bot can trade this accurately.
Anyway, hopefully I don't get attacked for having this view! And again thanks to all the deep diving investigators.

It is a scam. Johann, Cheri and Clynton have been pulling scams for years. They're in deep trouble with this one.

No, an AI bot cannot be this accurate for the simple reason that everyone would have one and the market wouldn't work. There are people with far more technical knowledge (and power) then a door-to-door salesman from Polokwane. Besides, they're not trading, they're paying off old investors from new deposits which is why there are continual withdrawals delays recently.

Lets assume for a second its not a scam, just hypothetically. Wouldn't every person who has ever been involved in a ponzi scheme be jumping on board? I mean wouldn't that be the dream? My point being there would of course be some deplorables on every thread trying to promote MTI.

If it was real, the owners would have joined this thread and presented some evidence of success. Instead,the only "evidence" was condemned as a forgery by the only broker they'd claimed to have used up to that point. The broker also point out that the live account of this company showed human, not AI trades which ended in an overall net loss.

And, check post 172 on page 18. That's where I ran the calculations of how long this would take to own every existing BTC (even all the BTC lost due to data loss) in the world if this magical AI was run with a starting balance of 10 BTC. It took somewhere between 12 and 13 years using ONLY those 10 BTC with no other investments. If you started with more, it would take less time. If people kept investing more than was pulled out and kept recruiting even more people who did the same, all the BTC in the world would be absorbed by this very quickly.

Funny, there have been no reports of any massive drain of BTC available to trade. If the plan really has so many BTC and is so profitable, some of the effects of this allegedly wildly profitable piece of "artificial intelligence" should have been visible by now.

Willie Breedt - Vaultage is a prime example

Then you go visit dishonest.co.za and click on the names of the top few people, check the collection of MLM,Ponzis, and other scams each had a vested interest in, that somehow by pure luck and unicorn farts end up together to start a legitimate trading business? Alrighty then

After that you take a look at the likes of Cryptoanalyzer and AI Vizion for the **** they pawn off next to MTI
Stellar stuff like Karatbars, CashFX, Crowd1, Finalmente. These types float around getting in early on any scams, building downlines and cashing in every bit of win they can till it flops and then move on

Further, if this wasn't a scam, how would the "powers that be" feel about it? Without getting too tinfoil hat on everyone, isn't BTC seen as a big F YOU to the FIAT world?
Point here? You know what's a bigger F YOU? People's money that gets stolen and sent to foreign scam/tax havens. States don't have a vested interest against Cryptocurrencies,they have a vested interest against money leaving the economy (disregarding the fact many countries' politicians rob their constituents blind somewhat but thats a seperate topic)

Again for me it simply comes down to whether or not the bot can trade this accurately.
Nobody always wins (fake negative trades and "loss" day does not make it less suspicious)
Nobody honest lies this much
Nobody ever called out by the SEC has had an apology/retraction issued to them for proving their honest business methodology and consistent profits ever
With the volume of profits and total pool claimed the accounts and trades should start getting their transactions flagged for being whales and moving markets
Nobody nobody nobody with honest reasons use money laundering/crypto tumbling services to hide their crypto

So they claim to be trading with Trade300.com. Look at trade300.com/wp/author/joesteyn/ and you can see who really is behind Trade300 - JoeSteyn, aka Johann Steynberg.

I took a screenshot in case he tries to make it disappear.

MTI-Trade300 - 'JoeSteyn – Trade300'.png

So they claim to be trading with Trade300.com. Look at trade300.com/wp/author/joesteyn/ and you can see who really is behind Trade300 - JoeSteyn, aka Johann Steynberg.

I took a screenshot in case he tries to make it disappear.

View attachment 60403
It gets better,the Cpanel for the domain redirects to a broken mtiadmin domain
There's even a Lorem Ipsum website hosting package page in there somewhere
And the domain was purchased and transferred from a for sale/holding page 30 July 2020 (same date as the wordpress post).You remember what happened then Pharaoh?

I am glad I found this thread. Thanks to everyone who did some solid investigative work here. So I am currently an investor in MTI. I am actually also based in South Africa. I have a close friend who works for a company called Orbvest in Cape Town. His boss knows Johann personally and has only good things to say about him (Obviously doesnt prove its not a scam).

I do have my doubts simply because it seems too good to be true. I signed up on 3 September with 0.083 BTC, I am now at 0.122 btc. Pretty happy with that. My plan is to withdraw my intitial investment and buy Kruger Rands with it, and leave the rest in there. That way if it goes balls up at least I got my investment out.

I guess it comes down to whether or not a trading AI can actually be this accurate? I have had a close look at the trade reports as I am sure all of you have as well. The "bot" makes a lot of negative trades, but manages to somehow end postive on the day. I have heard there have been some negative trading days in the past. So for this to be scam those trade reports obviously have to be completely fakes right? They would need a bot to sort of populate the fake trades at the correct prices and correct times?

Anyway, hopefully I don't get attacked for having this view! And again thanks to all the deep diving investigators.
Hey Steve,how are your withdrawals going?

Hello everyone,

We just wanted to update this thread with the latest, and as far as we’re concerned last, development.

The FSCA have authorised the dispersal of MTI’s frozen funds at FXChoice to the appointed liquidators. We confirm that the transfer has now been completed and we consider the matter closed.

We want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, and we wish you all the very best.

FXChoice

Oh wait! I've changed my mind!

This whole thing really is an investment plan that's so innovative and profitable that regulators in more than one country shut it down to protect less profitable (but more established) investments. We should all send our life savings plus all the money we can borrow from our friends, families, and banks to Johann so he can make us filthy rich!

And, the most important reason I'm saying this is:

April Fools!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Note for the next person who claims I'm only trying to save people in these threads so I can recommend some other program: The above "recommendation" is sarcasm and not an endorsement. I don't endorse companies, but I do love pointing out obvious Ponzi schemes like MTI.

And, all fooling aside, the CFTC has charged Cornelius Johannes Steynberg and MTI with fraud.

Even better, Steynberg was a fugitive from South Africa, but InterPol caught up with him in Brazil.

You can read that part here:

CFTC Charges South African Pool Operator and CEO with $1.7 Billion Fraud Involving Bitcoin

But sadly, that short press release lacked the magic word - Ponzi. I said this was a Ponzi and I'm not going to settle for simple fraud. But, what the CFTC failed to mention in press release about the charges and arrest does show up in a statement from Kristin Johnson (one of the Commissioners of the CFTC. I am pleased to see that the CFTC agrees with me on this issue. Here's her full statement on this Ponzi Scheme:

"June 30, 2022

Today, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) filed a civil enforcement action in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas against Cornelius Johannes Steynberg of South Africa and Mirror Trading International Proprietary Limited (MTI), a South African company, alleging that they operated a fraudulent scheme to solicit, accept, and pool more than $1.7 billion to trade off-exchange, retail foreign currency (forex) on a leveraged, margined and/or financed basis. Defendants engaged in an international fraudulent multilevel marketing scheme via various websites, in addition to social media, to solicit bitcoin from members of the public for participation in their pool. At least 23,000 of the pool participants—most, if not all, of whom were not eligible contract participants—were from the United States.

Instead of trading forex as represented, Defendants misappropriated pool funds, misrepresented their trading and performance, provided fictitious account statements as well as created a fictitious broker at which trading purportedly took place, and in general operated the pool as a Ponzi scheme. As a matter of fact, the little trading that Defendants did was unprofitable, and they misappropriated essentially all of the at least 29,421 bitcoin accepted from participants. The CFTC’s complaint seeks full restitution on behalf of defrauded participants, as well as disgorgement, civil monetary penalties, permanent trading and registration bans, and other relief. Notably, this fraud represents the largest to date charged by the CFTC involving Bitcoin.

Fraudsters often take full advantage of new technology, global connectivity, and perceived lack of a cop on the beat to perpetrate their scams. This action demonstrates that the Division of the Enforcement (DOE) is committed to protecting Americans, regardless of the technology or borders involved, and that the CFTC is very much focused on detecting and prosecuting these frauds, including by working closely with our counterparts overseas. I want to commend DOE staff for their outstanding collaboration with domestic and foreign counterparts in investigating this matter, including the South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority, the Financial Services Commission of Belize, the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority, the Texas State Securities Board, the Alabama Securities Commission, the North Carolina Secretary of State, Securities Division, the Mississippi Secretary of State, Securities Division, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Southern District of New York Field Office.
"

From: Statement of Commissioner Kristin Johnson Regarding the CFTC Charging South African Commodity Pool Operator and CEO with $1.7 Billion Fraud Involving Bitcoin

Let me repeat the best part: "Instead of trading forex as represented, Defendants misappropriated pool funds, misrepresented their trading and performance, provided fictitious account statements as well as created a fictitious broker at which trading purportedly took place, and in general operated the pool as a Ponzi scheme. As a matter of fact, the little trading that Defendants did was unprofitable, and they misappropriated essentially all of the at least 29,421 bitcoin accepted from participants."

The CFTC confirms this was a Ponzi, that performance was misrepresented, that very little money was traded, that they used a fake broker (after FxChoice dumped them), and essentially all of the money was misappropriated.

If only someone could have warned people 2 years earlier and said something like:

Pooled investments that are not like PAMMs are very dangerous for 2 reasons.

1. How do you know any results the company shows you are real? Unless you can login with the investor password, you can't be certain whether or not ANY trading is going on. Results in a spreadsheet are just numbers entered into a spreadsheet and may or may not be based in reality. Even broker statements can be faked, unless the broker sends those directly to you.

2. Even if you can get a quick peek at a live account, how do you know that your money is in that pool? Check the CFTC's enforcement press releases. All sorts of profitable pooled investments are really losing pooled investments and most of the money never went anywhere near the broker. Instead, it went to finance the lavish lifestyle of the people running the pool and to pay out some of the non-existent profits to early investors. If this is what's happening, your money is in a Ponzi scheme.

Oh wait, I did. That's part of what I wrote on page 1 of this thread on June 17, 2020. Despite my warnings plus FxChoice joining the thread and clearly stating that some of their claims were false, certain people in this thread kept coming up with excuses and casting doubt on all the obvious warning signs.

If any of the MTI fans who previously cast doubt on all the red flags raised by me and many others in this thread have enough nerve to come back, I look forward to your apologies or else your fantastic stories of how the upcoming trial will somehow exonerate Johannes and how he will be crowned king of all traders and rule over all the markets.

My deepest sympathies to all the true victims of this scam. I hope that you can get at least some of your money back and I hope that everyone who defended or otherwise promoted this scam is charged as an accessory.

Back