• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Capital Trust Markets - CapitalTrustMarkets.com - Possible Scam Alert

I am having an issue with a company

philctm

Recruit
I am extremely concerned that I have been scammed out of a large sum of money (six figures) by this company.

I was induced to invest in Forex trading by an acquaintance of mine who I had purchased a business from in the past. He said he was getting 10%+ returns trading if I was interested in joining his fund. In late February I signed an LPOA with him for him to be the Money Manager of my account, and a Promissory Note agreement that he would be personally liable for trading losses of my initial deposit. On 2/25 I wired the money to Capital Trust Markets.

Everything was smooth as far as getting the money in (of course), and the account traded for a few weeks. Towards the end of March, I tried to make a small withdrawal (about 2-3% of the account). They first require an 'internal transfer' which I requested. I waited a few days with no word.

At this point I tried reaching out to Live Support and they said they would forward to the accounts team, etc. etc. At this point I started looking for reviews on the brokerage and became concerned about some of the ones I read, indicating they too had withdrawal problems. I tried to call the company and realized that no one ever answers the phone, and their 'call back form' never validates (so you can't actually make the request). Their office is a shared office in Australia, though they are clearly based in Canada.

At this point I flipped out on my 'fund manager' accusing him of having induced me to send money to a fraudulent broker. He assured me it was not the case and we had various arguments over it. He told me that I was requesting withdrawal during 'allocation' of the fund when profits are split at the end of the month.

Eventually I was able to get my 'internal transfers' approved and all of my funds are in my 'ewallet' and the funds are not being actively traded. However, I have yet to be able to make a successful wire transfer. I requested one almost a week ago. Whenever I've contacted Live Support, they say 'it will process today' - every time.

I was told a few days ago that the issue is ACTUALLY that, when my account was created, the owner put a flag/note on the account that only he could approve transfers and withdrawals and so support was not able to approve any of the requests (and yet my withdrawal requests are still not being approved).

I have not received one email from the accounts team to follow up on my requests - Live Chat said this would happen numerous times - and the company is completely unreachable by phone. Live Chat will tell you whatever you want to hear every day and then nothing will happen. Even my 'fund manager' admitted it is 'completely useless'. My 'fund manager' is acting childish and blocked my from Skype when he finally realized I wanted to withdraw all my funds.

I am extremely concerned that the issues I am having exactly mirror those others have complained about. This is a very large sum of money that I cannot afford to lose. Please help!

Attachments show my various requests with dates, and my account number with CTM is 417362

Attachments

• Internal Transfers.jpg
    Internal Transfers.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Pending Withdrawal.jpg
    Pending Withdrawal.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 32
  • Acct Snapshot 4-8-15.jpg
    Acct Snapshot 4-8-15.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 42
Update on this post - hopefully being resolved

UPDATE: I had a long conversation with the owner of CTM and we have worked out many misunderstandings and agreed upon a resolution. I need to see that agreement come to fruition, and will update the forum accordingly at that time.

Hello,

any update to your issue Phil? I also have an account with CTM and their server are "undergoing maintainance" since 18 hours.... in a trading day :mad:. According to many bad reviews at the FPA i think that something going wrong...

Also, according to this link, they are de-registered from FSP. Someone know what this mean?

Well, I am afraid that CapitalTrust Markets (CTM) has probably folded. Its not that just live accounts are disconnected but also Demo MT4 terminals cannot connect to the order servers anymore. I tried to scan servers in MT4 terminal, and no server name is showing up. Two servers were showing up till 2 days ago. And in client area, all my account balance has disappeared.

CTM's facebook page has also been deleted. Previously you could get to their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/capitaltrustmarkets . However cached version of this page still can be seen in Google search.

I think CTM has folded and disappeared with our money. I think CTM's setup was clever from legal standpoint. CEO was from Canada but opened the Forex trading company in New Zealand which has been de-registered recently. And according to the Ferrari forum posting, the CTMs office in New Zealand was a virtual office. Now CEO can safely live in Canada since CTM was incorporated in New Zealand.

Here is a link to CTM's owner's Instagram page:
https://instagram.com/oceannsky

And I found some interesting discussin about him & CTM on a Ferrari chat forum. It is interesting stuff:
https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/canada/485804-who-reza-mokhtarian.html

Best of luck to Y'all.

Issue with Capital Trust Markets

Hi,
This broker is not responding since yesterday, The website is also not working,Previously when I checked my members area so it had message yesterday that it will resolve the maintenance work by yesterday before London opens and its already have been passed. Almost 2 days to end and there is not prior notice from broker to my email about this so called maintenance work , I do not know what is going on with this broker, FPA have to look into this seriously and if possible to provide me any update regarding the issue. This is some thing really serious when we client have open positions and all of a sudden broker do their maintenance work in on going market. Capital Trust Markets website is disabled and terminals not working since Almost 2 days now. Requesting FPA to take some action.

Hello,
I have found the Twitter account for the CEO of CTM. If you are concerned about your funds with CapitalTrust Markets then you may want to contact him through Twitter or Instagram. It seems that he is active on both of these platforms. I have posted his Instagram account in my first post and here is his Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/realoceansky

I have also noticed that CEO (Reza) is still active on FerrariChat forums and in fact posted there within last 24 hours. His screen name of Ferrari chat is OceanSky, and here is his latest post:

CTM CEO's post --> https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/143901209-post284.html

whole forum page --> https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/canada/485804-who-reza-mokhtarian.html

and again best of luck to you all.

Work in progress

Hello,

any update to your issue Phil? I also have an account with CTM and their server are "undergoing maintainance" since 18 hours.... in a trading day :mad:. According to many bad reviews at the FPA i think that something going wrong...

Also, according to this link, they are de-registered from FSP. Someone know what this mean?

I have spoken with the company and was explained the procedure that is in place, which does not even involve Reza. I was not aware of that. My issue should be resolved soon.

Yes, looks like the scam is up and CTM has folded. Good luck to anyone who has money with them. I pray all CTM thieves get their day in justice very soon!

I have spoken with the company and was explained the procedure that is in place, which does not even involve Reza. I was not aware of that. My issue should be resolved soon.

You are being fed a lie. I suggest that you don't swallow it.

Reza Mokhtarian is the sole shareholder of Capital Trust Markets. You can see proof of that here:

CTM Group Limited - View All Details

It's been 2 weeks since he promised to pay you. There is no "Reza-free" reason for a payment delay. If he doesn't pay you immediately, that's a very strong sign that he has little or no intention of paying you ever.

All traders having problems with Capital Trust Markets can file complaints with econsumer.gov - Your site for cross-border complaints.

Since Reza is in Canada, a complaint hre may be a a good idea - Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre - How to Report Fraud

What country is everyone in? If it's the USA, then head over to CFTC Contact Page

Back