CAREFULL: VPS can cause double trades

f-man

4Xangels Representative
I wanted to inform all members what happened to me last week, so they can avoid it.

I am testing some EA and the best way is to run them on a VPS, so that you are sure that 99% there will not be any power failure or internet disconnection.
You can manage your VPS through a Remote Desktop Connection and you get the screen of your VPS on your Desktop computer and set up everything.
I purchased a VPS, connected on it and set up some Demo accounts with different EA for testing them. Next day I connected on the VPS from another computer and the MT4 were not running. I found that strange and started them again. In that instance I did not realize, that my VPS was creating a new session of Remote Desktop Connection!
That meant that I was actually running the MT4 on two VPS and each one was working independendly!
When the EA began trading, it was always double trades. Identical trades placed twice. I thought it was an EA setting that caused this, but finally realized what was happening.
I have two VPS running on different providers and it happens only with one of them.

Thbere is a way to avoid it of course. Just keep this in mind and speak with the support of your VPS provider to make sure that it will not happen to you!

Fascinating. Another reason to test everything (even a VPS) only using demo accounts at first.

Thats normal with VPS, if you do NOT close the remote desktop connection and you attempt to connect to the VPS from another PC it will log in another session.

You simply make sure you close down the remote desktop connection properly, close it but keep it logged in and you should not have a problem.

Back