• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Caught by Live Platform Video Clips - How Alpari UK subtly forces you into paying multiple folds mor

I am having an issue with a company
Well the interesting thing is that a few years ago I was looking for an Mt4 broker and asked a good freind of mine which one.
He suggested dukascopy , tadawul , Oanda . I said to him how about Alpari , his reply was that the are ok , but do have more slippage than others and this was quite a while ago ( more than 3 years) so I guess this problem hasnt gone away.

Alex I would be interested to know why Alpari seem to have more slippage than other brokers ?

Hi RP1,

I'm happy to go over that with you.

Orders are sometimes filled away from the desired price due to gaps in the market. This occurs because currency prices can sometimes be very volatile or liquidity can be thin. In these scenarios, orders cannot always be filled at the exact price.

Orders are never guaranteed because if volatility is high, prices can be missed and we may not be able to obtain a quote for you at the price you requested.

When attempting an instant execution order you may be re-quoted within a few seconds and in the case of a pending order you may experience slippage.

To put it quite simply again, this is just the physical enactment of the Laws of Supply and Demand.

Please also do note that should you have an open position over the weekend, then slippage may obliviously occur. There have been a number of occasions where the slippage has also been in the clients favour. The positive slippage subsequently credited to our clients trading accounts.

In rare instances where you believe there has been excess slippage, please email us your account details and ticket numbers. We'll be happy to investigate this for you.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Slippage is an unacceptable excuse by any broker, unless market prices are real jumping up and down due to some news, in only this case no client will say a word against the broker.
But when the market is moving normally, there's no single reason for the called "Slippage".
Some brokers have slippage and off-quotes at market dead hours:confused:

Even if the slippage is just 0.5pip that is unacceptable at all. Spread 2 pips + slippage for opening an order 0.5 + closing an order 0.5= 3 pips. Many brokers has much bad slippage and higher spreads!

Why should any trader open a live account with a broker that has that slippage and spread when can open an account with a broker with no slippage but same executed price and a better spread??

The bad brokers most probably having the "plugin program" went too far by taking 0.5 pip per mini lot.
So when you open a full lot of more, it's a crazy 8 pip additional loss in the name of "Slippage"
Example of mini lot at least 0.5 pip loss of open of any position:
You bid 1.5671.5 for 0.1 lot when price rarely moving, broker open it 1.5672, you close 1.5690.5, broker close 1.5690
Example you bid 1.5671.5 for 0.2 lot, broker open 1.5672.5, you close 1.5690.5, broker show it close 1.5689.5
You can guess the other examples of 0.5 lot, 1 lot, 5 lot, 10 lot. Total Robbing!
Thanks to the Plugin and such manipulating prices programs brokers are using!

Last edited:
Hi RP1,

I'm happy to go over that with you.

Orders are sometimes filled away from the desired price due to gaps in the market. This occurs because currency prices can sometimes be very volatile or liquidity can be thin. In these scenarios, orders cannot always be filled at the exact price.

Orders are never guaranteed because if volatility is high, prices can be missed and we may not be able to obtain a quote for you at the price you requested.

When attempting an instant execution order you may be re-quoted within a few seconds and in the case of a pending order you may experience slippage.

To put it quite simply again, this is just the physical enactment of the Laws of Supply and Demand.

Please also do note that should you have an open position over the weekend, then slippage may obliviously occur. There have been a number of occasions where the slippage has also been in the clients favour. The positive slippage subsequently credited to our clients trading accounts.

In rare instances where you believe there has been excess slippage, please email us your account details and ticket numbers. We'll be happy to investigate this for you.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Alex I know what slippage is and why it can occur .

My question was " I would be interested to know why Alpari seem to have more slippage than other brokers ?"

We all know what slippage mean but many do not believe it, because being used by brokers as an excuse to rob clients ;)
Slippage is the BIGGEST LIE given to clients when the broker is actually manipulating prices with some plugin program.
Slippage can exist and be acceptable from a broker only when market is moving very quickly due to some news, but in other cases like the ones given by brokers, it's all Myths.

No need to believe me or anyone against slippage excuse by broker, but just try it yourself. Compare brokers, a broker that can give you same price you click and another broker who give you in all positions executed and closed bad prices, and always worse than the one you clicked.
It makes it more obvious of broker manipulation when the slippage nearly always happen for same pips like the ones I gave example of in my last post(0.5 for open and another 0.5 for close or 0.8 open 0.8 close 0r 1 open 1 close..etc) How can slippage be every time for same pip for open and also close:confused: In this case, it couldn't show more proof of broker manipulating prices and robbing its clients. Scam Broker:mad:

Bottom line: When I can get same price clicked with some brokers, there's no reason for other brokers to have the called 'slippage' at every single open and close market position other than it being named Scam Brokers:p

Slippage can and does happen in reality. The trick is to see if positive slippage happens about as often and for about as many pips as negative slippage.

Slippage can and does happen in reality. The trick is to see if positive slippage happens about as often and for about as many pips as negative slippage.

You pointed at a good point to clarify my own point of view. Slippage is reality, hacking & robbing are too!!, but that do not mean it's a normal, legal thing to always happen with no restrictions & punishment;)
My message is directed to the brokers who give clients only negative slippage. Unfortunately 90+% who make slippage excuses always give clients negative slippage. How can that be other than manipulating prices and robbing clients?:confused:

Hi Pharaoh,

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi RP1 / FXCobra,

I would be interested to know why Alpari seem to have more slippage than other brokers ?

Slippage is reality, hacking & robbing are too!!

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I'd like you to consider the following.

In the rare instance that slippage is excessive, our clients who feel they have any trades that were negatively affected, can get in touch with us by providing the details of such trades for review. Alpari UK's client services team will be happy to do an impartial and thorough investigation.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

you still havent answered my question Alex .

I would be interested to know why Alpari seem to have more slippage than other brokers ?

you still havent answered my question Alex .

Hi RP1,

I believe this matter has already been addressed in a previous post.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Back