Celsius network....possible exit scam (avoid any new deposits)

4evermaat

2nd Lieutenant
I was alerted a few minutes ago that Celsius network recently announced that it was halting all withdrawals, transfers, and swaps effective immediately.
Due to extreme market conditions, today we are announcing that Celsius is pausing all withdrawals, Swap, and transfers between accounts. We are taking this action today to put Celsius in a better position to honor, over time, its withdrawal obligations.

Celsius network blog halt withdrawals immediately.png

Based on the mathematics of this announcement + the comments left by users, I suspect this is the exit portion of the scam. It makes absolutely no sense to lock withdrawals to protect anyone. Because whatever someone has deposited should be held in segregated accounts....or at minimum in a trust account that is exclusively for the benefit of clients.

I found a couple of the comments left on the blog of alleged offenses particularly interesting:

They write about protecting their community, but Celsius liquidated 3500 Bitcoins on FTX right after locking their customers withdrawals and dumped their token on the markets...

Celsius comment 3500 BTC alledged to have been taken.png

so much for peer to peer decentralized lending - guess it was centralized all along - lawsuits incoming

Celsius comment centralized from day 1.png

In any case, I recommend attempting to withdraw immediately from Celsius Network as well as any related companies. I also recommend against making any deposits, loans, or any activity that requires that you provide sensitive information to Celsius or any affiliated companies unless you are confident about the transaction.

I would also gather all available evidence, including blockchain transactions to/from all blockchain wallets associated with Celsius.

You may also want to consider leaving a review of Celsius.

And as always, open up an independent scam alert if you have been scammed and attach evidence.

fpa-new-screenshot-create-new-thread-button-png.48651

I'm sure @The Punisher will come behind with more research on Celsius Network.

Back