1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 33, Part II. Position Size Calculation.

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Part II. Position Size Calculation. [​IMG]

Commander in Pips: I’ve decided to make a small add-on to the money management chapter and still discuss the framework of position size calculation due risk provision. I remember that you’ve solved tasks about profit/loss and margin very well, so probably you can do this by yourself easily. I hope you don’t mind if I show you some examples. In fact, we have just one additional parameter – risk value in a single trade. All other calculations remain the same.

I’ve decided to do a demonstration of why you need to calculate a safe amount to trade. Call out an entire platoon and load them all into one van.

[​IMG]

Pipruit: You’re right. Too many troops in too little space, and we could be missing a whole platoon in the next battle if one van has a flat tire. Some guidance initially doesn’t hurt.​

Commander in Pips: Very well, then let’s start with it. Do you remember what parameters we’ve used when we calculate profit/loss, margins and so on?

Pipruit: I do, they are:

- Currency pair that we trade;

- Currency of our account;

- Cross rates if we need to convert results into some other currency – neither counter nor base currency.

Commander in Pips: Absolutely correct. Since we want to calculate not just the financial result but also the limit of potential loss in each trade and lot size, additionally we will need:

- Total assets value on account;

- Maximum acceptable loss value in percents in each trade;

- Stop-loss value in pips.

#1 Administrator, Apr 18, 2012
    Lasted edited by : Oct 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.