1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chart patterns resources

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by Steven Hartwell, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Steven Hartwell

Steven Hartwell Private

I have been trading for about 6 months now and I have won some and lost alot, mostly paper trading. I wanted to know can someone help me with knowing how to draw tunnels on my charts I use e-signal charting software and I trade the forex market mostly. Also I wanted to know a good website that can learn chart patterns. Every one is trying to sell me something and I have fell victim to some training and bogus indicators that have done nothing but drained my account so I am looking to get free resources.

2. Don Rickard

Don Rickard Recruit

Finding forex info

You would be surprised how much info is available on YouTube.

3. Music Man

Music Man Corporal

I picked up a good piece of advice from one of the bloggers on ForexLive.com. He suggested the book "Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets", by John J. Murphy. It is a good read for a dry subject -- a comprehensive exposition of everything from Dow Theory to program trading. I'm finding it to be a great book for learning the art of chart analysis. It's not free, but it's a very sound foundation to build on.

As far as other stuff, everything you need to make money is right there in MetaTrader4, which comes free from many brokers. I just use the Alligator and Awesome Oscillator to clue me to the trends. I compare M1, M5, M15, M30 and H1 charts. I look to the longer time frames to tell me the prevailing trend, but enter and exit based on M1 or M5.

Be sure to take your profits. I usually set 10-15 pips as my target. :)

MM

4. ernest8fingers

ernest8fingers Master Sergeant

5. finimej

finimej Private

SHI Channel true - MQL4 Code Base
    you can find the channel indicator here, most thing is at the codebase, just search there. This is the indicator for metatrader.