Chart patterns resources

Steven Hartwell

Private
I have been trading for about 6 months now and I have won some and lost alot, mostly paper trading. I wanted to know can someone help me with knowing how to draw tunnels on my charts I use e-signal charting software and I trade the forex market mostly. Also I wanted to know a good website that can learn chart patterns. Every one is trying to sell me something and I have fell victim to some training and bogus indicators that have done nothing but drained my account so I am looking to get free resources.

I picked up a good piece of advice from one of the bloggers on ForexLive.com. He suggested the book "Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets", by John J. Murphy. It is a good read for a dry subject -- a comprehensive exposition of everything from Dow Theory to program trading. I'm finding it to be a great book for learning the art of chart analysis. It's not free, but it's a very sound foundation to build on.

As far as other stuff, everything you need to make money is right there in MetaTrader4, which comes free from many brokers. I just use the Alligator and Awesome Oscillator to clue me to the trends. I compare M1, M5, M15, M30 and H1 charts. I look to the longer time frames to tell me the prevailing trend, but enter and exit based on M1 or M5.

Be sure to take your profits. I usually set 10-15 pips as my target. :)

MM

I have been trading for about 6 months now and I have won some and lost alot, mostly paper trading. I wanted to know can someone help me with knowing how to draw tunnels on my charts I use e-signal charting software and I trade the forex market mostly. Also I wanted to know a good website that can learn chart patterns. Every one is trying to sell me something and I have fell victim to some training and bogus indicators that have done nothing but drained my account so I am looking to get free resources.

SHI Channel true - MQL4 Code Base
you can find the channel indicator here, most thing is at the codebase, just search there. This is the indicator for metatrader.

Back