Charts

Pip Slap

Recruit
This is probably one of those "kicking a dead horse" questions around here, but for all my searching I was unable to find an answer here for myself.

I have been dabbling with the FX on and off for about 6 years now and had always used the Marketscope charts provided with the FXCM platform.

I had heard of the Metatrader4 charts through out the years and figured I'd give them a try this go around. When searchng for a download I came across the Metatrader5 also.

So my question is, which is better? Or is there someting else I should try?

Most Traders that used MT4 before uninstalled MT5 pretty quickly, but probably just due to personal preference. I've tried them both before and I honestly prefer MT4. The interface just seems more comfortable and user-friendly to me. MT4 strategies didn't successfully convert into MT5 at first, but hey may have fixed that by now. MetaTrader, NinjaTrader, and Tradestation are the big-boys in the auto-trading industry because they provide the user to program strategies to be auto-traded.

MT5 is still mostly in beta. Go ahead and take a look at it, but at the moment MT4 is still the most common platform out there.

Yeah from the reading I have done it sounds like, globally, traders dont like MT5 with its US imposed restrictions.

A very important issue is that the indicators and EAs that were programmed for MT4 in MQL4 language will not be compatible to MQL5, which is the language that MT5 is using.

All of us using Indicators and EA will have a hard time migrating to MT5

Back