• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 2ndSkiesForex.com (Chris Capri)

General discussions of a financial company
Some people may need a teacher to really learn something. Some are fine learning it on their own. Two people can take the same class from the same teacher. For some, it's a great learning experience, for others, it isn't. This can be as simple as whether or not the teacher's style matches the stye of the student or not.

First, save yourself a lot of cash and heartache. Start with FREE material (like Forex Military School and other free items here at the FPA). Once you've gone through that material and spent some time on demo accounts, you'll be in a much better place to decide if you need more training and what sort of training you are looking for.
I have already been part of a teaching environment program with live trading etc. One of the best ones I have ever seen and very transparent with many people getting funded by firms etc as they developed as professionals. Having said that, there are certain elements I am not understanding that have put a brick wall. That is why I am looking for feedback on other options as someone elses perspective might be what I need to get over the hurdle.

I don't believe in self taught whatsoever. There is no professional that I know of out there that has not got a coach of some kind. Every athlete, every sports team, every Mr Olympia, every power lifter, every olympic gold medalist, etc etc... all professionals have a mentor/coach even when they ARE professional. So why would trading be any different? If you want to be professional, you get coached, period, otherwise you can keep mucking around for years pretending your trading but never getting anywhere with it.

Did the FPA recommend any specific broker or product for you? I think the answer is No.

Did the FPA rig the reviews for the company you asked about? If so, why is there a 1 star review on top of the page that's been there since November? Until some new review, good or bad, come in, it will stay in the top position here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/9166/2ndskiesforex.com-forex-training

Did you notice that the dedicated discussion thread for the company you asked about has a reply by the FPA member with the most highest post count telling people to hold off paying for any paid training course before decided if there is any need to spend money? You can see that in post #8 here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/2ndskiesforex-com-chris-capri.20621/

Many years ago, the FPA exposed the fraud of a company that stole a large amount of money from a member. That company went out and created accounts on nearly every forex forum spreading lies about the FPA to damage our credibility. They also created over 100 free blogs to do the same thing.

A few years later, one of the brokers paying to advertise at the FPA broke promises to provide evidence when the FPA was investigating complaints from 2 of their clients. After several warnings to them, I personally cancelled their advertising contract. Now that company hosts pages full of anti-FPA libel.

Between those two incidents, anyone who disagrees with the FPA over anything can find all the negative claims they like to try to claim the FPA is evil. If the FPA is so evil, why would I do this instead of accepting a bribe?

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/r/general-articles/1745/first-bribe-attempt-of-2020

I could personally pocket a lot of money if I did take bribes. But, if I was stupid enough to do that, it would take very little time for loyal FPA members to realize something was wrong and the FPA would lose credibility and traffic. Then I'd need a new job. Instead, ALL reviews for ALL companies go through exactly the same screening process.

Did you notice that the person who gave the longest on Quora is from ForexTrade1.com. He claims the FPA only approves negative reviews and will never approve positive reviews. Funny, I see where his company tried to submit a bunch of fake positive reviews. I also see he's literally offering a bribe of a month of free service to anyone who can get a fake positive review past the FPA's review moderation. Despite is false claims, there are some positive review for his company here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/14575/forextrade1-forex-signals

My staff and I work very hard to keep the forums and reviews as fair and honest as possible. If you want to believe conspiracy theories, you are free to spend your time looking for review sites that do a better job screening out fake reviews. I personally don't think you will find any other review site that works as hard as the FPA to keep things fair and honest.
Thanks for that.

I found a great A book broker through FPA when I just got sick and tired of all the B book players.

I was just wanting some explanation of the above to see/understand why places like forexfactory are saying FPA is dodgy.

I never had a problem with dodgyness here. I just wanted some clarity.

And who owns FPA? I had to ask the owner something about someone I know that apparantelly worked with the owner once upon a time

I'll admit that professionally trained people are more commonly successful than self taught, but there are exceptions.

On the other hand, there are many trading styles, so you need to take the right class. If scalping is your thing, having a mentor that teaches multi-day trades using daily and weekly charts would be a waste of time, money, and effort. One nice thing about Forex Military School is that it can help a new trader determine the answer to a very important question - What kind of trading do I want to do? - before even considering spending a cent on classes.

The FPA is owned by Dmitri Chavkerov, who used Felix Homogratus as his screen name.

I'm sending you a private conversation message regarding contacting him.

I want to be a price action trader, not a candlestick trader. So i want to understand where market flow is and use price action to understand what is happening so that Incan make decisions based on what I am seeing. This also means I am not so much into pattern trading/system based trading that requires back testing etc and then waiting for signals to happen regardless of market conditions... I wish to be a discretionary trader, observe what is happening, able to read what is happening and take trades accordingly off of price action.

Eventually I would like to trade on the Daily chart but for the learning curve sake I am happy to start on the 4h chart and 1h chart to get more frequency which should in turn give me more practice. Once i build up a substantial capital then I can get on the daily and be less hands-on.

This is why 2ndskies seemed to resonate with me but knowing how much trash is out in the world with unethical thieves on every corner trying to dupe you into spending money with them without ever being able to help you get to where you want... I don't know if 2ndskies is another one of those self proclaimed gurus that steal your money or if the guy was legit. He claims to have worked for FXCM on wallstreet etc etc, so I would assume someone with that level should know how to be profitable... but then theres everyone else claiming stuff thats straight out lies just to steal your money.

So naturally I asked here hoping for some "nah that guys ok, he really was at FXCM etc etc" or "Stay away from him, hes another Greg Secker scammer type guy"

I have no time to lose with all the dodgy garbage. Time is worth more to me than money, so spend $1000 or lose time... losing time costs me more than $1000.

I could go to SMB capital, but that costs $30,000 to be on the floor and Its not in my country. But Im sure that would be very useful to learn and become a professional trader... so im looking at alternatives that can get me to professional without having to leave my country and spend $30,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to try them out. Figured for very cheap cost that it is, nothing to lose except time waiting to decide. So far it seems very well structured and may have very much been the right decision.

I decided to try them out. Figured for very cheap cost that it is, nothing to lose except time waiting to decide. So far it seems very well structured and may have very much been the right decision.

Make sure to test it our carefully, first on demo. If that's successful, try it on live accounts for enough time to see if it's consistent or not. Make sure to come back and let everyone know how good/bad it is.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience with 2ndskiesforex trading education made by Chris Capre?

I did all the research I can before posting this. I found a great broker thanks to FPA however i did find a review on the internet saying something along the lines of

1: The new upgraded program Chris Capre offers leaves a lot to be desired. Ever since his upgrade it is not as good as it once was.

2: That all the reviews on FPA regarding 2ndskies in a way seem fraudulent because Chris pushes the new members that sign up to post 5 star reviews and doesn't let them wait a year to have experience first with 2ndskies before reviewing.

Other than that one thing, everything on here does say 5 star and how its changed peoples lives and all the rest of it... has it or is it because they were pressured to review as such bu Chris as stated by that thing I found on the internet?

All im trying to do is learn to be a professional trader and dont want to spend money on a scam, a con artist, someone that will only tell me stuff I already know but not actually teach me to be a professional trader.

Its one thing to tell someone "to get good you need to spend time on the markets" (the blatant obvious generalisation) and a whole nother thing to say "When price does this, then you do that, if price does that, then you do such and such", in otherwords actually teaching specifics not just generalisations that I already can read on babypips for free.

So is the course any good, bad, does it leave something to be desired, did it make you a profitable trader, are you still scratching your head wondering how to trade and how to make money with no clear, specific direction etc?
Hello Lost Cause,

I wanted to respond to some of the statements/claims you make here.

First off, it is completely false we 'push' new members to sign up and post 5 star reviews.

We DO NOT push any members to give 5 star reviews.

In fact, we don't even ask new members to give reviews in any active sense (maybe we should???)

Regardless, the only time we ask someone actively to give a review is when they email/pm us saying how much they liked/appreciated the course. That's it!

And even then, we never tell them to give any 5 Star review.

We simply ask them "please leave an honest review + rating, sharing your own thoughts. whatever you think is appropriate/fair, we only want you to leave an honest review."

So your claim, or other forums claims about this are not accurate amigo.

RE: New Course Not As Good
Really? We never had live trading before. Now we do. That alone makes it worth the price since we've proven we make money trading which you can see here:

What was our top trade last week? Buy FUBO $33.16.

Where did we close it out at? $43.57 which is a huge profit.

That one trade paid for the course many times over. So again, to say the new course isn't worth it doesn't seem fair nor accurate IMO.

That + the fact we got new lessons, new strategies (many of which I used to make my 2020 profitable performance), more streamlined lessons, and new tools seems to me like the new course is worth it and to be desired.

Anyways, looks like you joined recently. Did we pressure you or even ask you directly to give some review, let alone 5 star yet?

Nope. We have no active mechanism to do that. I do hear about courses asking members automatically after 2-3 days, which seems ridiculous.

I'm not sure how much time is enough for someone to give a review as it depends upon activity/engagement/practice, etc.

But maybe we should create some mechanism that after 3 mos they leave a review.

Honestly I don't know, and am open to ideas.

But overall whatever you read on other forums isn't really accurate, and I'm guessing by now, you've seen that yourself after being in the course for the last couple weeks.

Hence if you'd like to update your comments/feedback here, obviously we'd appreciate it, but clearly up to you.

Hopefully that clarifies though some of the points you've made.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hello and thanks.

Yes I decided to sign up to 2ndskies and see for myself. I figured the investment was not much at all even if it was a complete waste of money simply becuase of what it potentially could be worth. In other words, I figured the reward:risk ratio was worth joining.

The concerns I had due to what 'other' people have said...

All I can say is, they are not founded on anything. It is literally like the bad reviews etc were done by people who never actually signed up to the course and just made up a whole lot of nothing about something they never did.

RE: Course material is nothing new for long term traders complaint -

That purely depends on what the long term traders did. I have been learning from many places for the last 2 years, and being part of 2ndskies... well I feel there is a reason why words are changed (Thinking about the guy that said stuff about phantom phrases etc)... well the more I am thinking about the phrase used, there is a reason for it. It actually gives a slightly different understanding to the market when viewed as a whole.

Since I am not using this as a review, I wont go into the detail of what I am thinking so far, but in general, 2ndskies 'does' have new material as it adds a layer of understanding you may not have thought of/had before.

In short: All the complaints I seen/read about, and objections about reviews (such as previous post)... its all nonsense. None of this is reality. 2nd skies provide what they claim to provide.

Back