Christmas Spirit

Rambo35

Corporal
You may or may not be in the spirit yet or you may not even celebrate it, but you have most likely noticed the intense promotional campaigns from just about every retail sector of the economy.

Forex brokers usually increase bonuses which I think is rather lame and the same old approach to lure some deposits from retail traders, but this brings me to my question:

What would you think would be a great Christmas treat for you (even if it only lasts this month)?

I am not big on bonuses and really do not care how big it is as I do not trade with bonuses, but a temporary reduction in spreads would be a great Christmas gift in my opinion.

A swimming pool - filled with jello and unclad nymphs.

Oh wait, you meant something a broker could offer. I'll have to think about that.

You may or may not be in the spirit yet or you may not even celebrate it, but you have most likely noticed the intense promotional campaigns from just about every retail sector of the economy.

Forex brokers usually increase bonuses which I think is rather lame and the same old approach to lure some deposits from retail traders, but this brings me to my question:

What would you think would be a great Christmas treat for you (even if it only lasts this month)?

I am not big on bonuses and really do not care how big it is as I do not trade with bonuses, but a temporary reduction in spreads would be a great Christmas gift in my opinion.

Great Christmas treat obviously out from all the markets.

We always see especially profitable (or only profitable at first sight) things on the eve of the holidays. This can be called a tradition. And it is no other way. But the choice is always up to us - we can choose it or not...

Yeah bonuses are often a waste. I would want something like swap fees gone or tighter spreads
I always tend to suppose that bonuses are not just waste of time but useless at all. It's juat an advertisement of brokers to attract more trader to their platform. Of course from the point of brokers it's a good way to attract them but from the point of traders I think it annoys a lot. The main thing that there are lots of brokers who do'nt keep promises or they have special conditions for gaining bonuses. Tight spreads are much more attractive for traders because there is a benefit from them, you know. Bonuses are similar to nothing and mean nothing for a trader, we have to understand this thing.

I think I would ask for zero commission or like you say a reduction in spreads. I am like you, I don't find the bonuses enticing. Often they are only available to new customers or you have to deposit a certain amount.

That’s a good one - I’d probably ask for no or less commission

Back