• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem CiTrades - Managed Account Scam

I am having an issue with a company

Binary Invest

Private
The first couple of weeks, I only had praise for CiTrades. I invested a large sum of money in a VIP managed account and my account manager Kevin Hall was doing an amazing job, giving me over a 100% return on my investment in a couple of months.

Over the last couple of weeks he has been telling me about the CiTrades pending US, EU and UK regulations and pushing me to invest $250k into a corporate level account with a contract guaranteeing my capital and profits. I was hesitant to do this and said I first wanted to make a withdrawal of my initial capital and profit before investing some more. I believe now that the good results was only because they were pushing me to invest more. I was due to make the withdrawal at the end of February 2016.

I asked Mr Hall to stop all trading on the account, in the fear of someone placing and losing large trades. I continued placing small trades in the account and kept the turnover going.

On 18 February, in great disbelief, I saw a trade for $1000 in my account that I didn't place. I immediately tried to contact Mr Hall via e-mail, Skype and telephone, but he wasn't available. I tried the live chat feature, but because it was a VIP account they said I must speak to my account manager.

These trades continued on Friday and I eventually got to speak to someone on Friday afternoon who told me that there was an active auto trader on the account. I told him that I didn't request the auto trading and that only Mr Hall traded on my account and that I also asked him to stop on 20 January. He said that he would deactivate the auto trader and that if it is a misunderstanding, the trades will be refunded.

The trades nevertheless continued right through until Monday, when I got an e-mail from Mr Hall, saying that he and his staff don't work on weekends, even though I was trying to get hold of him since Thursday. He locked my account, saying that they are looking into the matter. Before he locked my account I saw that there was an additional $75000 missing in the account. He told me that because my account was dormant and they are not a bank just keeping money in an account, I was appointed a new analyst and he placed 15 x $5000 trades on my account. Due to expire at the end of March 2016. When I replied that we agreed not to place long-term trades he just ignored me.

I tried contacting Mr Hall, Mr Leo De Sante and the CiTrades support and management in 24 different e-mails, even more telephone calls, Skype messages and their live chat, with no replies.

I feel, when I last had access to my account, that they placed $150 000 unauthorized trades in my account and I want the situation resolved and the trades refunded. I am in the process of taking further steps and informed them of this.

I also want to warn any possible investors to be very careful when taking them up for their managed VIP or Corporate accounts.

Two steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send email to every possible address).

2nd - Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat

I sent the following mail to:

desante@citrades.com; 'IT@citrades.com'; 'accounting@citrades.com'; 'compliance@citrades.com'; info@citrades.com; analyst@citrades.com; Kevin Hall (khall@citrades.com); desante@citrades.com; 'legal@citrades.com'; support@citrades.com

To whom it may concern

Despite numerous efforts from my side to contact my account manager or the CiTrades management, I have still not been able to talk to anyone since I saw unauthorized trades in my account a week ago. There has been +- $ 150 000 worth of trades that was either placed by an auto trader or someone trying to lose and in effect, steal my money.

I managed to talk to two CiTrades staff members today. The first one told me that Kevin was out and the second call, 5 minutes later, the person told me that he was busy on the phone. Both promised that he will phone me back. This has still not happened. Therefor I am inviting you to respond to the following thread in order to explain what is going on, because, obviously you are trying to ignore me and the situation.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/citrades-managed-account-scam.44283/

As with all my previous communication with them I get e-mails confirming that they received my mail, but they still don't respond.

Two steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send email to every possible address).

2nd - Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat

Their Live Chat feature is non-existent. It used to work till last week some time. I get the distinct feeling that they are closing shop and running because they have stolen too much money. Now I also understand why they put so much pressure on me to invest more money. Their phones just keep on ringing and you are lucky if someone picks up the phone 1 in 20 times. But if you want to register a new account they are very quick to phone you and assist with the deposit.

The first couple of weeks, I only had praise for CiTrades. I invested a large sum of money in a VIP managed account and my account manager Kevin Hall was doing an amazing job, giving me over a 100% return on my investment in a couple of months.

Over the last couple of weeks he has been telling me about the CiTrades pending US, EU and UK regulations and pushing me to invest $250k into a corporate level account with a contract guaranteeing my capital and profits. I was hesitant to do this and said I first wanted to make a withdrawal of my initial capital and profit before investing some more. I believe now that the good results was only because they were pushing me to invest more. I was due to make the withdrawal at the end of February 2016.

I asked Mr Hall to stop all trading on the account, in the fear of someone placing and losing large trades. I continued placing small trades in the account and kept the turnover going.

On 18 February, in great disbelief, I saw a trade for $1000 in my account that I didn't place. I immediately tried to contact Mr Hall via e-mail, Skype and telephone, but he wasn't available. I tried the live chat feature, but because it was a VIP account they said I must speak to my account manager.

These trades continued on Friday and I eventually got to speak to someone on Friday afternoon who told me that there was an active auto trader on the account. I told him that I didn't request the auto trading and that only Mr Hall traded on my account and that I also asked him to stop on 20 January. He said that he would deactivate the auto trader and that if it is a misunderstanding, the trades will be refunded.

The trades nevertheless continued right through until Monday, when I got an e-mail from Mr Hall, saying that he and his staff don't work on weekends, even though I was trying to get hold of him since Thursday. He locked my account, saying that they are looking into the matter. Before he locked my account I saw that there was an additional $75000 missing in the account. He told me that because my account was dormant and they are not a bank just keeping money in an account, I was appointed a new analyst and he placed 15 x $5000 trades on my account. Due to expire at the end of March 2016. When I replied that we agreed not to place long-term trades he just ignored me.

I tried contacting Mr Hall, Mr Leo De Sante and the CiTrades support and management in 24 different e-mails, even more telephone calls, Skype messages and their live chat, with no replies.

I feel, when I last had access to my account, that they placed $150 000 unauthorized trades in my account and I want the situation resolved and the trades refunded. I am in the process of taking further steps and informed them of this.

I also want to warn any possible investors to be very careful when taking them up for their managed VIP or Corporate accounts.

I have finally been able to make contact with my account manager and for the sake of resolving the issue, I am retracting my earlier statements.

Are you saying your previous statements are factually incorrect, or are you saying that your account manager is forcing you to withdraw them in exchange for some form of promised assistance?

Whatever you do, don't accept bonus money as compensation. Don't deposit 1 cent more no matter what Citrades promises. Don't declare a situation with Citrades as resolved until all of YOUR money arrives in YOUR bank account.

I am happy to report that I have been able to speak to some of the staff at CiTrades. I am still trying (without success) to talk to my account manager.

A lot of the lost funds were recovered by the trades they placed that expired at the end of March. I have put in a sizable withdrawal request (as confirmed with my account manager in Feb) and I'm now holding thumbs for them to process the withdrawal. According to their T&C they can take up to 5 days to process the withdrawal. The 5 days will expire expire tomorrow.

Let's hope and see.

I am at this stage still in the dark and quite enraged. I have, at this stage, still been unable to talk to my account manager, Mr Kevin Hall. Despite receiving an e-mail from him saying that he will contact me. I am not trying to slander Mr Hall or CiTrades, but I want to provide facts so that other traders can make a decision before they invest in a company. Mr Hall also indicated that he can prove how devious I have been and if that is the case, I welcome his proof.

He e-mailed me on 7 April with a long explanation and promised to contact me the following week. On the 12th of April, after sending numerous e-mails and making a lot of calls, he sent me an e-mail saying that he will call me the next day.

In his e-mail on the 7th he talked about bonuses I took and why they couldn't process my withdrawal request. This is not entirely true. When making deposits in excess of $80 000, they gave me insured trades on the trades they place in certain events. These refunded trades had to carry a 10 x turnover in order to be withdrawn. They refunded $25000 to my account and the turnover requirement was $250 000? The total turnover now from trades in the account is $ 1 480 174.03.

CiTrades gave me a withdrawal in January of $30 000, but this not even close to the total I invested and at this stage it seems like they just want to ignore me and hope I go away.

The service from their support staff had been very too. I have e-mail transcripts where they tell me to wait for 45 minutes and every time I ask for assistance, the operator just says wait.

Because of the large amount I invested, I have thought it best to fly from South Africa to the UK to meet with them, but despite several requests to Mr Hall and CiTrades management, no one has even responded to the attempts at a meeting.

Back