CityFXCapital Connie Anderson

received 3rd november

Hi Folks, Connie here, I hope you had a great trading session today.

Apologies if you have received this before, apparently it didn't reach some people!

Well we have pretty much finished work on the website, and our goal of having it fully completed by tomorrow afternoon is on track.

If you were a techexFX member you can login to the CityFXCapital website http://www.cityfxcapital.co.uk/index.html using your techexFX login details and view the MFT strategy training videos and the NEW scalping video, more scalping videos will be added next week.

I had a few emails today asking for special deals for the CityFX services, people who have been previous members of CityFX from the previous owners and past, and also members of my own old site techexFX, then yes I can do a deal with you.

CityFX closes for the Christmas holidays on Friday 23rd December and will re-open on Wednesday 4th January 2012. We plan to re-launch the new CityFX retail division under my name on Monday next week which gives 7 weeks until we close for Christmas on the 23rd December. As a goodwill to previous members of CityFX from previous owners and my own techexFX members I have managed to put together a package for you since we have lots of requests for this.

Okay I have my Santa hat on, and I don't wear it that often!

We have over 370 new members coming on board next week from another source, and on the full priced deals, and a further 200+ old members moving to our new tariffs. If you are getting this email, then you are getting our cheapest offer we are doing, as you are a previous CityFX member right from the start or an Ex techexFX member.

For current/past CityFX members and techexFX members I'm offering the Live Trading Room, my own personal SMS trade alerts, my daily technical analysis forecast/MF level reports and the NEW System X training videos for £160. This gives you the System X online training videos and the next 7 weeks full SMS, Reports & Online trading room from Monday 7th November right up until the 23rd December. I can promise you that I will be running the live room for the full 7 weeks and also the SMS service during that period aswell, none of my team will be sending signals or running the live room.

Listen guys I believe this to be a great deal for you, and I wont be budged on this! We are providing a lot of services and new strategy for a very big discount for the next 7 weeks as you were a techexFX member or previous CityFX loyal member to the old regime, so its a take it or leave it offer, either way its up to you.

We are going fully operational with all 3 services on Monday next week (Live room, SMS, Technical reports) So I will keep the £160 System X and 7 week offer on the table until 11pm Sunday as we have to have a cut off period for the Admin side of things. Its not a squeeze, I just wont be spending anytime adding people to our discount 7 week offer all of next week, its simply join us before Sunday 11pm on the deal or don't.

If you want to take me up on this offer please feel free to email me for details. If you decline then no need and I bid you a very profitable trading future and success.

Connie

so what did i get or probably easier to list what i didnt get
1) i got MF levels for about a week, and only 2 pairs.
2) no dvd
3) no trading room
4) no SMS
5) free for 3 months which would expire at the end of december. Not happened as I ve got to pay again.

Total waste of money

Connie Anderson has threatened to sue the FPA over the content of the first post in this thread.

I told him that the FPA has never removed one word from the website while under legal threat. I gave him until the end of the business day on Monday to withdraw his threat. I told him he could post a rebuttal in the forums. He didn't post and refused to remove his threat. It's now early Tuesday morning in New York. I've just sent a copy of his message to the EFF.org and ChillingEffects.org.

Here is the email where he threatened to sue the FPA...

Hello I'm contacting you today to give warning of libel comments and defamation by writting which is hosted on your website.

Please note that these comments are un-true and unfounded with no evidence presented, or receipt/invoice of payment from the person in question.

I therefore requested this thread to be removed with immediately effect. Failure to do so will result in legal action againt the member responsible for the libel comments and ForexPeaceArmy for the hosting and presenting of libel comments in public view.

If you make the claim, you've got to prove it! And if you are willing to host and promote such defamation in public then you are also responsible for the libel claims.

Defamation is a very serious crime, and one that carries big penalty. Let me point you to one case from many http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2006/mar/22/news.uknews

I hope you see the serious nature of this and as I have requested the thread to be removed.

I will of course send a copy of this email to my own laywer for his records incase legal action at any point has to be taken.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Connie

I think Connie Anderson must not have read that article he cited too carefully. It is about someone posting some very derogatory and deliberately defamatory information in a chat room. The article goes on to say that the person who did the posting was found liable, not the chat room site itself.

US law is similar. If you write a book and I post a defamatory book review on Amazon or some other 3rd party site, you can sue me and might win. Successfully suing a website based on 3rd party postings is almost impossible in the USA. Otherwise, forums would have to turn every posting into an investigation. Amazon would have to end all product reviews. Yahoo would have to end all comments on news stories.

I don't know if what was said in the first post of this thread is 100% accurate or 100% fiction. It looks to me like a simple dispute over transferring client service from one domain he owns to another.

What if the posting is completely in error? Then I would expect a good company to try to find out if the post was from a real client or not instead of trying to erase it from the internet. If it is from a client and is a dispute, I would expect a good company to try to resolve it instead of threatening to involve lawyers. If the company can show that a forums posting is done maliciously, the post can be edited or removed. This will require discussions with the FPA that can not happen while a legal threat is in place.

What if the posting is accurate and I remove it without good reason? Later, someone could sue the FPA for hiding bad information about a company. The FPA would have to ban all positive and all negative company information from being posted to avoid being sued.

I'm very happy that the FPA is based in the USA. The laws protecting review sites, blogs and forums that allow 3rd party postings, and more are very strong. Connie Anderson might be able to drag the FPA into court. If it does go to court, it will be a big waste of Connie's time and money for nothing.

If Connie Anderson thinks I'll take down a post because he can make pointless legal threats, he's wrong. That may work on some forums and review sites, but it will never work on the FPA.

The FPA gets this sort of mail too often. So far, not one lawsuit has materialized since I started working here almost 4 years ago. I've only shared a few of these threats with the membership. Starting now, any legal threat like this against the FPA that is not quickly withdrawn will be published just like this one.

Last edited:
Connie Anderson has threatened to sue the FPA over the content of the first post in this thread.

I told him that the FPA has never removed one word from the website while under legal threat. I gave him until the end of the business day on Monday to withdraw his threat. I told him he could post a rebuttal in the forums. He didn't post and refused to remove his threat. It's now early Tuesday morning in New York. I've just sent a copy of his message to the EFF.org and ChillingEffects.org.

Here is the email where he threatened to sue the FPA...

I think Connie Anderson must not have read that article he cited too carefully. It is about someone posting some very derogatory and deliberately defamatory information in a chat room. The article goes on to say that the person who did the posting was found liable, not the chat room site itself.

US law is similar. If you write a book and I post a defamatory book review on Amazon or some other 3rd party site, you can sue me and might win. Successfully suing a website based on 3rd party postings is almost impossible in the USA. Otherwise, forums would have to turn every posting into an investigation. Amazon would have to end all product reviews. Yahoo would have to end all comments on news stories.

I don't know if what was said in the first post of this thread is 100% accurate or 100% fiction. It looks to me like a simple dispute over transferring client service from one domain he owns to another.

What if the posting is completely in error? Then I would expect a good company to try to find out if the post was from a real client or not instead of trying to erase it from the internet. If it is from a client and is a dispute, I would expect a good company to try to resolve it instead of threatening to involve lawyers. If the company can show that a forums posting is done maliciously, the post can be edited or removed. This will require discussions with the FPA that can not happen while a legal threat is in place.

What if the posting is accurate and I remove it without good reason? Later, someone could sue the FPA for hiding bad information about a company. The FPA would have to ban all positive and all negative company information from being posted to avoid being sued.

I'm very happy that the FPA is based in the USA. The laws protecting review sites, blogs and forums that allow 3rd party postings, and more are very strong. Connie Anderson might be able to drag the FPA into court. If it does go to court, it will be a big waste of Connie's time and money for nothing.

If Connie Anderson thinks I'll take down a post because he can make pointless legal threats, he's wrong. That may work on some forums and review sites, but it will never work on the FPA.

The FPA gets this sort of mail too often. So far, not one lawsuit has materialized since I started working here almost 4 years ago. I've only shared a few of these threats with the membership. Starting now, any legal threat like this against the FPA that is not quickly withdrawn will be published just like this one.

I think, rather than threatening you to sue, he should have explained his position. In my years in business, i have always seen that the more people who caused harms or are in middle of controversies without it being their intentions, are ready to talk it out. The others who have a guilty conscious, always try and act all lawyered up and ready to sue or threaten you with law. In a recent conversation with a neuro-economist friend of mine, she pointed it out that, its human nature to seek absolution. Thats why criminals go to confession rooms and confess, so as to try and pacify their own guilty conscious, the threatening to sue or going to court action is simple an extension of that. By seeking absolution by exploiting the holes we have in our justice system, they are just trying to placate their own guilty conscious. But trust me, not a lot of them will successfully sue you, most of them are restricted to threats because they know deep down that they are wrong and will be brought to justice if they overlooked some corners in their case. The fact of life is, as it happens with everyone who is starting out in a field, brokers and so called experts are always going to pry on the novice and trusting, we just have to take them as lessons of life and if they can be brought to justice, sue them or just move on learning a lesson.
I comment FPA in their efforts to help raise voices of people who have been wrongs and dont know of/dont have any legal recourse because of laws or inability of their side to keep everything by the book. Every person who is a newcomer in this is immensely benefited by this forum, this forum is like big brothers to innumerable of noobs in forex, you teach us how to do it, be a part of the trade and if need be, help in dealing with the bully.
A salute to you guys for doing this and keep up the great work FPA team, we need you!

absolutely correct, fpa

No basis for a suit against fpa. I can't believe there's a lawyer who would take the case.

Question is whether fpa could file a countersuit. Couldn't be any weaker than the original claim.

There has to be some cost for idiocy like this.

To bad there is no Internet Mail Fraud!!!

This is when it would be nice to have something in place to enforce legal action against someone, perhaps the FBI would be interested in it from a Scam point of view.

Keep up the great work FPA!

The legal defense to libel and slander is: The truth!!

From what I have read, with no substantive reply from Connie Anderson, Connie Anderson is running a scam. Mr. Anderson, since you are clearly aware of this post and if I am mistaken, step up and present your case.

Alone, Karenmargaret you are another unhappy trader, together we are an army!!

Appropriate

Seems that CONnie is an ideal name for him.

I am not trying to trivialise the issue, and thanks for the great work you do in exposing these people. Your broker & systems rankings are also invaluable.
Keep up your fantastic efforts.
John

Amazing. He didn't even try to ask to verify if this was a real client or not. He threatened to sue since there wasn't a receipt attached.

If this is how Connie Anderson deals with complaints, I wouldn't ever have any business dealings with him.

As above, truth is a complete defence to libel. So unless he can prove that karenmargaret is lying he cannot sue for libel as no lawyer would take the case. Furthermore cannot sue FPA for comments made by karenmargaret. More importantly a libel lawsuit can get very expensive, very fast. I doubt this guy could afford it if he is scamming people for £250 a pop....

The threats are baseless. This guy is plainly a scammer.

By the way isn't Connie a female name?

Last edited:
Back