• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Class Action- Learn to Trade, Australia

I am having an issue with a company
But clearly you are very new to this forum and new to the world of FX. You'll lose your virginity soon enough.

Have you seen anyone actually obtain restitution in this way?
And if so how long did it take from the initial complain until the investigation/court ruling was completed?
Please do not make assumptions and be so rude ! I have been trading forex for over 7 years now and have successfully put similar scammers before the criminal court and had them convicted. As for this forum, I am not new - I have been following it for the entirety of my trading career. Maybe the reason for my involvement is exactly your point - people like Secker are allowed to carry on because no one has tried properly to take action which we are now doing. The Consumer Regs have only given a private remedy for people since 2015 so it it fairly recent in this regard. It is one of a number of different approaches.

Hi,

For information, I have been in touch with lawyers gathering information for a possible Learn to Trade Class Action in Australia, led by Frank Law law firm. They have asked me to help by identifying additional people in the UK who have been duped by Secker and may have paid money into an Australian Bank Account. They are asking for any people who have paid money to give them their details via their website, franklaw.com.au This will allow them to assess the extent of any fraud.

I am currently investigating the extent of the Learn to Trade UK operation, especially following the 2022 Lifestyle Trader events being heavily marketed by Secker all over You Tube. Keen to hear on this site any updates.
As an aside, and it has been mentioned here before, any ‘live’ webinars are actually pre-recorded so don’t be duped otherwise.

Thanks
Hi Are you still investigating? Thanks, Debs

How can I help ?
I have been trading forex for over 7 years now and have successfully put similar scammers before the criminal court and had them convicted. As for this forum, I am not new - I have been following it for the entirety of my trading career.

Can you elaborate on some of the court cases that you were a part of? You can link to the court clerk case or attach their case pdfs here. Should be public record.

Hi,

For information, I have been in touch with lawyers gathering information for a possible Learn to Trade Class Action in Australia, led by Frank Law law firm. They have asked me to help by identifying additional people in the UK who have been duped by Secker and may have paid money into an Australian Bank Account. They are asking for any people who have paid money to give them their details via their website, franklaw.com.au This will allow them to assess the extent of any fraud.

I am currently investigating the extent of the Learn to Trade UK operation, especially following the 2022 Lifestyle Trader events being heavily marketed by Secker all over You Tube. Keen to hear on this site any updates.
As an aside, and it has been mentioned here before, any ‘live’ webinars are actually pre-recorded so don’t be duped otherwise.

Thanks
I have recently been scammed by this. Keen to get in touch with you regarding the case you are building. How can I do that?

I have recently been scammed by this. Keen to get in touch with you regarding the case you are building. How can I do that?
Hi, you can get me via LinkedIn - can’t give out e mail or tel no on this sore.
Mark Veljovic

How is it a scam? is it just that the content wasnt to your liking? if he's not giving a refund could claim intellectual property of the content. Ive no idea how he trades or anything just a question

How is it a scam? is it just that the content wasnt to your liking? if he's not giving a refund could claim intellectual property of the content. Ive no idea how he trades or anything just a question
Go on to TrustPilot and read all the bad Learn to Trade reviews. It's eye opening.

I am from South Africa, and have recently fell prey to Greg Seckers aggressive marketing strategies, and the speed that they work at prying your money from your pocket. After I had received the T&C'S from them just after paying (14 October2022) {they make sure they have your money firs), I decided this was not for me, and decided to cancel. Most of what they are selling as well is available on you tube and other sources.

They then threw the T&C's at me, that I cannot get a refund. On the 18 October they took the same amount again from my account, for what reason I don't know yet they have not replied to my email.

I am very interested in the Australian class action, because I think there would be quite a response from people in South Africa if such a thing was started here

Back