Classic Martingale!

Albert.b

Sergeant
For anyone considering using the Martingale system of trading, there has been a classic reason of why you should not use it, in the FPA's Performance Testing of EAs!

An EA called Short-Seller started just a couple of weeks ago, with a $5,000.00 account!

It as the name suggests, only did short trades using the Martingale system of trading!

Within THREE DAYS it had $27 equity left in the account!

I see the results of the test have now been removed from view.

Last edited:
The results are still on view.

If you look at the main lists of tests here:

Metatrader Expert Advisors, Forex Robots, Forex Signals and Managed Accounts Tests.

You'll see that it is displaying Active Tests. Go to the upper-right corner and you can tell it to show Active Only, Active and Stopped, or Stopped tests only. Since that one was wiped out, it's in stopped tests.

Or, go to the review page and you'll find a link directly to the test page.

Martingales are dangerous. If you do want to trade something like this, you need to pull out profits frequently and also be ready to shut it down if it decides to go off the deep end.

I'm actually using a martingale strategy right now and have not had any problems. I think their good as long as you stay out of a ranging market and use a .01 lot first position for every 1000$ in your account. And as your account is larger, just diversify by trading several pairs at the same time. I'm opening another account soon and will once again be making a cool .5% per day :)

As for the EA, well, I dunno, I've not really messed with one before, I'll stick to manual trades for the time being, even if it means checking my screen every 5 minutes.

Back