Codezilla's Trading Journal

Codezilla

Private
Hey fellow soldiers. Well here is the EA system this journal will be following. It will be trading on the 5 minute EUR/USD chart using Metatrader 4.

* Stochastic-MACD Double Crossover

- Entry

o Long: Bullish Stochastic and MACD crossover within last 4 candles with
the Stochastic always being the first to crossover and the Stochastic
below 50 (Stochastic and MACD may also crossover simultaneously).
o Short: Bearish Stochastic and MACD crossover within last 4 candles
with the Stochastic always being the first to crossover and the
Stochastic below 50 (Stochastic and MACD may also crossover
simultaneously).

- Exit

o Long: Stochastic is above 80 or MACD bearish crossover.
o Short: Stochastic is below 20 or MACD bullish crossover.

I will post the system's activity daily if I can. I welcome your comments and ideas.

Mental note: Do not use OR logic to evaluate more than two operands. You might open more positions than intended. Use XOR (exclusive OR) instead. It's funny 'cause MQL4 nor C have a logical XOR, only a bitwise XOR (^). So I had to change this...

if (OpenOrderCondition1 || OpenOrderCondition2 || OpenOrderCondition3)

{
OpenOrder;​
}

which was opening more than one order if two or more conditions passed, to this...

if (OpenOrderCondition1}

{
OpenOrder;​
}
else

{
if (OpenOrderCondition2)​
{
OpenOrder;​
}​

else​
{
if (OpenOrderCondition3)​
{
OpenOrder;​
}​
}
}

This actually emulates an exclusive OR relationship. At least I think it does. We'll see.

First trade of the system. I had to manually exit the position because I forgot to code the Stochastic 20 and 80 thresholds. It's ok though. I THINK I have all the bugs worked out. I'm sure something else will pop up 3-4 posts from now.

Attachments

• 11-09-2008.gif
    11-09-2008.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
This was the latest trade. I should've been whipsawed but something is going with the logic I'm using. Hmmmm. Nice trade nonetheless.

Attachments

• 11-10-2008.gif
    11-10-2008.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
This trade threw me for a loop. You can clearly see the divergence in the price action compared to the MACD right after I entered the position. Heh.

Attachments

• 11-10-2008.gif
    11-10-2008.gif
    22 KB · Views: 6
Ready to turn it loose with real money yet or does it need some more debugging?

I'm probably gonna demo trade it for a little while longer. I'm sure there is more debugging in the horizon. I'll be careful not to over-optimize it though.

Soldiers, unfortunately my love affair with the Double Crossover is coming to an imminent end. It's losing quite a bit in demo mode, I'm missing out on alot of sweet trades, and above all I just don't like, it doesn't feel right. I'm currently working on an alternative, let's see how that goes. I'll continue to post on this thread when I have it up and running.

Back