Coin Bucker SCAM

kookie_038

Recruit
Hi, I think I just got scammed by someone who convinced me to invest via Shakepay then transfer to Coinbucker. Please advice on how I can try to get my money back. Where should I report them?

Hi, please share your story to us what happen and how do you transfer your money?
People here who have experience it could help you out..

Hi, I think I just got scammed by someone who convinced me to invest via Shakepay then transfer to Coinbucker. Please advice on how I can try to get my money back. Where should I report them?
Share the full story with the website address.

Share the full story with the website address.
This appears to be the same as the thread below, for the website and scam company.

Here's the story and sorry it took a few days before posting it, I didn’t really want to relive this nightmare in my head. In hindsight, there has been some red flags and I should have seen this, but somehow I got sucked in and now I feel so stupid and embarrassed. Here goes: I received a message from a guy on IG in mid October. At first, he said he only wanted to become friends with me. Then he asked if I had WhatsApp. At the beginning we were only casually talking about life. I asked him what he does for a living and he told me that he runs his own advertising company, and also invest in cryptocurrency. From his pictures and the way he talks, he made it seems that he was wealthy and was making a good living. Slowly he started to romance me and make me feel special. Then at some point, he encouraged me to invest in cryptocurrency. He instructed me to transfer money in Shakepay from my bank account then transfer it to Coinbuck as this is the platform to trade. He said I could start with a small amount to see if this type of trading is for me then, I can decide to invest more. I started with $1000CAD and saw that I made a profit very quickly. He then encouraged me to deposit more money in, but was never too pushy, he encouraged me to deposit 5k at a time. At some point, he suggested 20k and I said no. One day, he told me that he discussed with some of his friends and said that it would be a good time to invest 100k as the market is very good and the profits would be very high, and he could double his money in 2 months. He encouraged me to borrow money from friends so that I could invest 100k. I said no and he then encourage me to take a loan from the bank. I also said no. I invested in total 15k of my own money in a span of approximately 1 month after I started chatting with him. This is a lot of my hard-earned money.

When I first invested the 1k, I did look up online to see if Coinbuck was a legitimate site. I found these sites that seem to say that it was:

paidfromsurveys.com/coinbucks-review
advantageaffiliates.com/coinbucks-review/

I should have researched more, but I didn’t and he made it seem so easy. He was very good at earning my trust. These people are trained and know exactly what to say. There were some instances that made me questioned him but he always had a good answer to everything. I asked if we could videochat so I could know that he is a real person. He made up a story that he lost his brother to Covid and that his brother’s last wish was to videochat with him. He said that he saw his brother died on the videochat and that it traumatized him and since then, he is too scared to videochat with anyone. But he said he will built up the courage to videochat with me. He asked me to download this app called LINE. The videochat lasted 15 seconds, I could not hear his voice but I did see his face, which actually matched the pictures he posted on IG and also sent me. He said his network was jammed and that he couldn’t get it to work again. After we started using Whatsapp, about a week later he deactivated his IG account. I asked him why he deactivated it, he said that his account was hacked so he deactivated it. When I asked him if we could talk on the phone, he said that his English is poor and that he would prefer for us to meet in person to talk. I asked him where he lived and he said Toronto. He often sent me pictures of what he does, what he eats or of himself. One time he sent me a picture of the neighborhood where he lives. I saw a sign that says “Cloverdale Farm”. The picture had palm trees and mountain in the background. I live in Montreal, but I have relatives in Toronto and I’ve been to Toronto since I was a kid and I go there often. I know that even if you live in the suburb, there are no palm trees and no mountains. I looked up Cloverdale and it looked like a community in either BC or the USA. Now that I look back at what he sent me, all the videos did not show him in it. And when he did send me pictures of him, 2 of them looked like he blurred out something in the back. I think he was good at photoshoping and sending pictures that did not look too suspicious.

After a month of chatting with him, he charmed his way to make me trust him. It was never too much so that I would get too suspicious. He said that it was fate that we met and he didn’t think he would fall for me, but he did. I know saying it now sounds so ridiculous, but once you are sucked in, you don’t see it at the moment. He always knew the right thing to say. He knew I like travelling, wine tasting so he talked about us travelling the world together and go wine tasting once we make enough money in 2 years. He said he would teach me to invest in cryptocurrency so that in 2 years we will be able to travel the world. This guy was good, he made a lot of effort to gain my trust. He would message me throughout the day everyday and he would always message me when he wakes up and before he goes to bed. If he didn’t reply to me right away, he would apologize and said that he had to work. It became normal for us to message numerous times throughout the day. He also said that he would come to Montreal to visit me at the end of December and would stay for a month so we can spend time together.

The number on Whatsapp that he originally contacted me with had a 873 area code and at some point he said that number got hacked so he sent me a message with another number with a 209 area code. I know that these area codes are not Toronto area codes so I asked him how come he doesn’t have a number with a Toronto area code. He said that used to travel a lot in the US so he got a US number and kept the number.

So on Nov.23 after having invested in total 15k, I have made over 2k in profit. He encouraged me to invest another 5k, but I had a limit on the amount of money I can e-transfer so wasn’t able to do it on that day (thank goodness!). That day, I don’t really know why, but I started looking up Coinbuck and found some sites saying that Coinbuck was a scam. When I read the comments, some of the stories resembled mine and I started to freak out. I asked him about it and at first, he said that these people were just trying to put negative comments out there and I shouldn’t believe what I was reading. I started to get suspicious so I told him to prove to me that he is a real person and that if he could help me withdraw my funds I would believe him. When he was teaching me to make trades on Coinbuck, he would ask me to send screenshots of every step I was doing so I would not make any mistake. After reading the comments on Reddit and Forex Peace Army, he was probably getting my ETH wallet address from the screenshots so he could get the funds to go to his personal wallet. So he said that he would show me how to withdraw the funds. When we got to the step where I would get the wallet address on Shakepay, he asked me to send him a screenshot. I asked him why do I need to send him a screenshot and he didn’t have an answer for it. He just said that there is no point, that I don’t trust him anymore and that he was very disappointed in me. His tone changed when I confronted him and asked him to videochat with me right away so he could prove to me that he was a real person. He obviously didn’t want to and said that he didn’t have to prove to me anything. We ended by me saying that he just confirmed to me my suspicion by not agreeing to prove to me that he wasn’t a scammer and he said “OK”. I blocked him since then.

I tried to ask customer service on Coinbuck to let me withdraw my funds and like the comments on Reddit and Forex Peace Army say, they kept making up excuse as to why I cannot withdraw my funds. The last comment was the best: it says that I have to deposit 3 times the amount of my actual funds in order to withdraw the funds.

I know that there is a very slim chance that I will be able to get my money back, but can anyone suggest or help on how to go about it?

I still can’t believe this happened. I am usually very careful and I don’t even usually accept any IG request, I just accepted his out of boredom and didn’t even answer any of his messages at first. I’ve read so many stories about people being catfish or scammed and would feel so bad for whoever this happened to. But somehow he just slowly gained my trust and made me feel special that I let my guard down and I got scammed! I feel soooooo stupid and embarrassed and this was a very pricey lesson. I hope my story will help other people to not make the same mistake as I did.

Sorry this was a long story, but I wanted to give some details so people can watch out for them.

Can anyone give any help on what to do at this point? Can you suggest a way for me to get my money back? Where should I report this guy? I’m sure he didn’t even give me his real name though.

Here's the story and sorry it took a few days before posting it, I didn’t really want to relive this nightmare in my head. In hindsight, there has been some red flags and I should have seen this, but somehow I got sucked in and now I feel so stupid and embarrassed. Here goes: I received a message from a guy on IG in mid October. At first, he said he only wanted to become friends with me. Then he asked if I had WhatsApp. At the beginning we were only casually talking about life. I asked him what he does for a living and he told me that he runs his own advertising company, and also invest in cryptocurrency. From his pictures and the way he talks, he made it seems that he was wealthy and was making a good living. Slowly he started to romance me and make me feel special. Then at some point, he encouraged me to invest in cryptocurrency. He instructed me to transfer money in Shakepay from my bank account then transfer it to Coinbuck as this is the platform to trade. He said I could start with a small amount to see if this type of trading is for me then, I can decide to invest more. I started with $1000CAD and saw that I made a profit very quickly. He then encouraged me to deposit more money in, but was never too pushy, he encouraged me to deposit 5k at a time. At some point, he suggested 20k and I said no. One day, he told me that he discussed with some of his friends and said that it would be a good time to invest 100k as the market is very good and the profits would be very high, and he could double his money in 2 months. He encouraged me to borrow money from friends so that I could invest 100k. I said no and he then encourage me to take a loan from the bank. I also said no. I invested in total 15k of my own money in a span of approximately 1 month after I started chatting with him. This is a lot of my hard-earned money.

When I first invested the 1k, I did look up online to see if Coinbuck was a legitimate site. I found these sites that seem to say that it was:

paidfromsurveys.com/coinbucks-review
advantageaffiliates.com/coinbucks-review/

I should have researched more, but I didn’t and he made it seem so easy. He was very good at earning my trust. These people are trained and know exactly what to say. There were some instances that made me questioned him but he always had a good answer to everything. I asked if we could videochat so I could know that he is a real person. He made up a story that he lost his brother to Covid and that his brother’s last wish was to videochat with him. He said that he saw his brother died on the videochat and that it traumatized him and since then, he is too scared to videochat with anyone. But he said he will built up the courage to videochat with me. He asked me to download this app called LINE. The videochat lasted 15 seconds, I could not hear his voice but I did see his face, which actually matched the pictures he posted on IG and also sent me. He said his network was jammed and that he couldn’t get it to work again. After we started using Whatsapp, about a week later he deactivated his IG account. I asked him why he deactivated it, he said that his account was hacked so he deactivated it. When I asked him if we could talk on the phone, he said that his English is poor and that he would prefer for us to meet in person to talk. I asked him where he lived and he said Toronto. He often sent me pictures of what he does, what he eats or of himself. One time he sent me a picture of the neighborhood where he lives. I saw a sign that says “Cloverdale Farm”. The picture had palm trees and mountain in the background. I live in Montreal, but I have relatives in Toronto and I’ve been to Toronto since I was a kid and I go there often. I know that even if you live in the suburb, there are no palm trees and no mountains. I looked up Cloverdale and it looked like a community in either BC or the USA. Now that I look back at what he sent me, all the videos did not show him in it. And when he did send me pictures of him, 2 of them looked like he blurred out something in the back. I think he was good at photoshoping and sending pictures that did not look too suspicious.

After a month of chatting with him, he charmed his way to make me trust him. It was never too much so that I would get too suspicious. He said that it was fate that we met and he didn’t think he would fall for me, but he did. I know saying it now sounds so ridiculous, but once you are sucked in, you don’t see it at the moment. He always knew the right thing to say. He knew I like travelling, wine tasting so he talked about us travelling the world together and go wine tasting once we make enough money in 2 years. He said he would teach me to invest in cryptocurrency so that in 2 years we will be able to travel the world. This guy was good, he made a lot of effort to gain my trust. He would message me throughout the day everyday and he would always message me when he wakes up and before he goes to bed. If he didn’t reply to me right away, he would apologize and said that he had to work. It became normal for us to message numerous times throughout the day. He also said that he would come to Montreal to visit me at the end of December and would stay for a month so we can spend time together.

The number on Whatsapp that he originally contacted me with had a 873 area code and at some point he said that number got hacked so he sent me a message with another number with a 209 area code. I know that these area codes are not Toronto area codes so I asked him how come he doesn’t have a number with a Toronto area code. He said that used to travel a lot in the US so he got a US number and kept the number.

So on Nov.23 after having invested in total 15k, I have made over 2k in profit. He encouraged me to invest another 5k, but I had a limit on the amount of money I can e-transfer so wasn’t able to do it on that day (thank goodness!). That day, I don’t really know why, but I started looking up Coinbuck and found some sites saying that Coinbuck was a scam. When I read the comments, some of the stories resembled mine and I started to freak out. I asked him about it and at first, he said that these people were just trying to put negative comments out there and I shouldn’t believe what I was reading. I started to get suspicious so I told him to prove to me that he is a real person and that if he could help me withdraw my funds I would believe him. When he was teaching me to make trades on Coinbuck, he would ask me to send screenshots of every step I was doing so I would not make any mistake. After reading the comments on Reddit and Forex Peace Army, he was probably getting my ETH wallet address from the screenshots so he could get the funds to go to his personal wallet. So he said that he would show me how to withdraw the funds. When we got to the step where I would get the wallet address on Shakepay, he asked me to send him a screenshot. I asked him why do I need to send him a screenshot and he didn’t have an answer for it. He just said that there is no point, that I don’t trust him anymore and that he was very disappointed in me. His tone changed when I confronted him and asked him to videochat with me right away so he could prove to me that he was a real person. He obviously didn’t want to and said that he didn’t have to prove to me anything. We ended by me saying that he just confirmed to me my suspicion by not agreeing to prove to me that he wasn’t a scammer and he said “OK”. I blocked him since then.

I tried to ask customer service on Coinbuck to let me withdraw my funds and like the comments on Reddit and Forex Peace Army say, they kept making up excuse as to why I cannot withdraw my funds. The last comment was the best: it says that I have to deposit 3 times the amount of my actual funds in order to withdraw the funds.

I know that there is a very slim chance that I will be able to get my money back, but can anyone suggest or help on how to go about it?

I still can’t believe this happened. I am usually very careful and I don’t even usually accept any IG request, I just accepted his out of boredom and didn’t even answer any of his messages at first. I’ve read so many stories about people being catfish or scammed and would feel so bad for whoever this happened to. But somehow he just slowly gained my trust and made me feel special that I let my guard down and I got scammed! I feel soooooo stupid and embarrassed and this was a very pricey lesson. I hope my story will help other people to not make the same mistake as I did.

Sorry this was a long story, but I wanted to give some details so people can watch out for them.

Can anyone give any help on what to do at this point? Can you suggest a way for me to get my money back? Where should I report this guy? I’m sure he didn’t even give me his real name though.
What country are you from so we can advise where to start filing reports. The first thing you need to do is contact your bank and report fraud.

What country are you from so we can advise where to start filing reports. The first thing you need to do is contact your bank and report fraud.
I'm from Canada. I can report to my bank, but I doubt they will be able to do much as the e-transfer was done from my bank account to Shakepay. And I think Shakepay is a legitimate site/app.

I'm from Canada. I can report to my bank, but I doubt they will be able to do much as the e-transfer was done from my bank account to Shakepay. And I think Shakepay is a legitimate site/app.
Please also report to the following: The Securities Commission in your province and the FBI via IC3 online report.

Back