comparison of different markets ?

fawzy salah

Recruit
can someone help filling out this table ? i am doing an overview of all traded markets to choose the most suitable one for me , whether it is forex or something else. Thanks

Instruments and securities to be traded​
ForexCFDsStocksFuturesBondsOptionsBinary optionsCrypto
Market opening time
Market closing time
Liquidity (Low , high?)
Intraday trading allowed? are there PDT rules ?
Do I have to wait for settlement ?​
Time limits ?​
Spread
Commissions
Ownership of the instrument (do I have to buy the instrument so I can sell it ?)
Can I profit from bearish markets
Who am I competing against? broker / another trader / liquidity provider (or you can add other answers if they are not listed here)
Leverage
Minimum Initial balance to be deposited
Margin requirements (in terms of % of my initial balance , also do I need to place good faith deposits to the broker ?)
Regulations (from 0 to 10 , 0 is worst ,10 is best)
Regulators (who are they ?)
Best brokers for each instrument
Platforms to practice on demo account
Types of orders which can be placed : market , limit , stop orders , OCO , trailing stop orders ?

I think most points will be the same among many brokers so I don't see any sense to spend time to fill this table.

The last points might be pretty similar , but the answer to the first few points are quite different

for example i know that the PDT rule exists for stocks but does not exist for forex

and in stocks you go against other traders while in binary options you compete against the broker

that is why i need someone who can help by confirming this info by filling out the table as the internet is showing conflicting answers and can't really find a regulatory body who points out the differences between each financial instrument

The last points might be pretty similar , but the answer to the first few points are quite different

for example i know that the PDT rule exists for stocks but does not exist for forex

and in stocks you go against other traders while in binary options you compete against the broker

that is why i need someone who can help by confirming this info by filling out the table as the internet is showing conflicting answers and can't really find a regulatory body who points out the differences between each financial instrument
This forum is about forex and maybe binary options, also platforms like MT4 that most brokers employ won't let you open orders except for FOK as you basically trade against dealer.

Yes I also think it is pretty useless since it doesn't help to increase returns since it contains no insight how to develop market edge or smth.

I still like trading on forex more than other markets, but if want to know more, we can use demo ECN platform to looking deeper about all tradable asset in the platform, we can read spread, volatility and more on each instrument trading.

What is PDT rule? Couldn't find info about that in stocks specification on my broker? Is it related to execution mechanism or paying of dividends?

When it comes to comparing different markets, there are a few key factors to consider. One is the level of liquidity, or the ease with which assets can be bought and sold. Another is volatility, or how much prices tend to fluctuate over time. Additionally, it's important to think about the size of the market and the types of assets that are traded.

For example, the forex market is known for its high liquidity and relatively low volatility, making it a popular choice for traders looking to make quick profits. The stock market, on the other hand, tends to be less liquid but more volatile, which can make it a better fit for investors with a longer time horizon. Commodities like gold and oil are also popular among traders, as they offer unique diversification benefits and can be used to hedge against inflation.

Ultimately, the right market for you will depend on your individual goals, risk tolerance, and investment strategy. It's important to do your research and consider all the factors before making any trading decisions.

Back