1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complain

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by Carlos, May 28, 2008.

1. Carlos

Carlos Private, 1st Class

:confused:
    Red arrow is my opening trade and white arrow my take a profits. (Oanda) Sean say that my take a profit was set over my opening quote price , according to What Sean say I supposed to get my profit. And he refuses to help me. I want you to check out on this matter, and let me know the outcome. I have attached the USDJPY Chart and the Oanda Conversation. Thanks….

Carlos.

Attached Files:

#1 Carlos, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

If I'm reading your chart correctly, it looks like your TP was set 6-8 pips above entry. It looks like the Oanda person told you that you experience slippage.

How many pips below the TP did your trade close?

It looks like there may have been a news event going on when this happened. That sort of thing can lead to slippage. I'd definitely recommend wider stops if you want your trade to run during a news spike.

3. OzWizard

OzWizard Corporal Punishment

More INFO...

... if i am reading you right....

you went short at the red arrow,

your take profit is below - GOOD,

But where is your stop? We need to know this! ??

OZ

4. Carlos

Red arrow means my 2 opening trades USDJPY, I went Long, It took me 3 or 4 seconds to open in betwen the first and the second trade White Arrow take a profit.and Oanda (Sean) say that , my take a profit was set over my opening. wich I always do it that way .He said it all. (I don't get it.What slippage roll play here)? According to that information I should take a profit that is set a 7 Pips above the opening for the USD JPY (Long). I don't understand What my take a profit is about 7 Pips opposite direction. I have no stop loss. I did not close my trade.

Carlos
    You can read the conversation carefully at the top of the Chart. I never seen a system that allow you to take a profit the opposit direction, and in top of that he said that the Take a Profit and the System is Working Properly. I would say, What a Proper Way to take a Profit.

5. OzWizard

OzWizard Corporal Punishment

???

You went long at the red arrow....

(Take a profit) better terms (go short, offset, sell)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OANDA: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In this case your take profit was set over your opening quote price [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]but due to slippage the trade was opening above your take profit. In this instance the take profit was set too tight.[/FONT]

Was your order a limit order? If so, they owe you the $$, NO SLIPPAGE on limits....

If it was some sort of stop (stop market, stop limit) well they can slip ya....

#5 OzWizard, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  6. Carlos

Yes it was a limit order , you got it.
    No, stop limit, no stop market, no stop loss. no stop anything.

Carlos

#6 Carlos, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
: oanda, oanda.com