ABANDONED - COMPLAINT OF IC MARKETS ACCOUNT CLOSURE; MONEY GRAB & DEFERMATION OF CHARACTER

Angry Trader

Recruit
In 2018 I moved to Thailand from South Africa. In the same year I opened my current IC Markets account, connecting my trader account to my Thailand bank account. After a year in Thailand I had to return to South Africa. Upon my arrival in South Africa I updated IC Markets with my South African bank account. I would for more than a year send money to pay for the upkeep of my dogs in Thailand until I could return. I sent these payments through to my Thai bank account without any problems since my Thai bank account is a legitimate bank account that is still open and valid to this day. So far no problems.

On 9 August 2021 I made a withdrawal request to my Thai bank account as I have done many times before. I was sent a message by the accounts department apologizing for a glitch that caused the delay in the withdrawal. On 12 August 2021 I was told that I cannot send money to my Thai account since I am in my home country. My IC Markets account linked to my Thai bank account had been archived. No problem, the funds will now be transferred to my South African account. They insisted that I resubmit all my South African bank documents which I did on 19 August 2021. They then said that they cannot pay the funds into my bank account because my name does not appear on my bank card. I explained that my bank only issues a personalized bank card to customers that have a certain amount of money in their account to qualify.

The accounts department then agreed and said that the money will be deposited into my account within 3 – 5 working days. On 24 August 2021 I saw that no money has been transferred to my account. My AUD 230 000-00 trader funds have been removed from my account I entered a live chat where I was told that my account was seized because I was found to be money laundering and that they will not speak to me until they have done an investigation, which will take roughly 28 days.

Plain and simple, this is a money grab and has nothing to do with money laundering. This is theft.

DEFINITION; Money laundering is the process of changing large amounts of money obtained from crimes, such as drug trafficking, into origination from a legitimate source. It is a crime in many jurisdictions with varying definitions. It is a key operation of the underground economy.

The problems seemed to have started when IC Markets moved non Australian clients to their global account. Before this incident with regards to my account, I had also experienced my MT4 platform freezing on nearly a daily basis. I also experienced severe slippage and gapping. I have also experienced log in problems on my MT4 platform with my demo account. I kept getting an error notice for an invalid account. I did not enter any details incorrect. It is also not my internet connection as I have a fast fibre connection, and the computer I use is less than 5 years old, and recently upgraded. IC Markets fix this problem since you not only grabbed AUD 230 000-00 illegally but your staff also accused me of an extremely serious crime which amounts to crimen injuria.

RESTORE MY ACCOUNT ASAP WITH ALL MY FUNDS!!!

In 2018 I moved to Thailand from South Africa. In the same year I opened my current IC Markets account, connecting my trader account to my Thailand bank account. After a year in Thailand I had to return to South Africa. Upon my arrival in South Africa I updated IC Markets with my South African bank account. I would for more than a year send money to pay for the upkeep of my dogs in Thailand until I could return. I sent these payments through to my Thai bank account without any problems since my Thai bank account is a legitimate bank account that is still open and valid to this day. So far no problems.

On 9 August 2021 I made a withdrawal request to my Thai bank account as I have done many times before. I was sent a message by the accounts department apologizing for a glitch that caused the delay in the withdrawal. On 12 August 2021 I was told that I cannot send money to my Thai account since I am in my home country. My IC Markets account linked to my Thai bank account had been archived. No problem, the funds will now be transferred to my South African account. They insisted that I resubmit all my South African bank documents which I did on 19 August 2021. They then said that they cannot pay the funds into my bank account because my name does not appear on my bank card. I explained that my bank only issues a personalized bank card to customers that have a certain amount of money in their account to qualify.

The accounts department then agreed and said that the money will be deposited into my account within 3 – 5 working days. On 24 August 2021 I saw that no money has been transferred to my account. My AUD 230 000-00 trader funds have been removed from my account I entered a live chat where I was told that my account was seized because I was found to be money laundering and that they will not speak to me until they have done an investigation, which will take roughly 28 days.

Plain and simple, this is a money grab and has nothing to do with money laundering. This is theft.

DEFINITION; Money laundering is the process of changing large amounts of money obtained from crimes, such as drug trafficking, into origination from a legitimate source. It is a crime in many jurisdictions with varying definitions. It is a key operation of the underground economy.

The problems seemed to have started when IC Markets moved non Australian clients to their global account. Before this incident with regards to my account, I had also experienced my MT4 platform freezing on nearly a daily basis. I also experienced severe slippage and gapping. I have also experienced log in problems on my MT4 platform with my demo account. I kept getting an error notice for an invalid account. I did not enter any details incorrect. It is also not my internet connection as I have a fast fibre connection, and the computer I use is less than 5 years old, and recently upgraded. IC Markets fix this problem since you not only grabbed AUD 230 000-00 illegally but your staff also accused me of an extremely serious crime which amounts to crimen injuria.

That's really cruel. Did you receive any official warning or letter from them? Have you tried contacting somebody above regular support reps? Perhaps they will only need proofs of your deposits and trading reports to figure everything out. Stay strong and kindly update FPA members on progress

That's really cruel. Did you receive any official warning or letter from them? Have you tried contacting somebody above regular support reps? Perhaps they will only need proofs of your deposits and trading reports to figure everything out. Stay strong and kindly update FPA members on progress
I will update once I've heard from my broker. Have sent them an email.

Not in favour of the company but I would advise waiting for 28 days. Ask them to official email regarding the investigation they are doing and they will have the outcome after 28 days.

I-See-Bucketshop a.k.a. ICMarkets is a manipulative and untrustworthy broker who will have no qualms in stealing money from their clients in whatever form they can.
Hopefully you can get all your money back and then you should know what to do next.

I will update once I've heard from my broker. Have sent them an email.

@Angry Trader can we have an update on your situation?

And if it is not resolved, you might want to consider inviting the company here:

Back