Copy of Funding Credit Card

Karen Rogers

Recruit
I recently opened an account with Smart Trade and funded the account with my credit card. Now Smart Trade wants me to either send them a copy of my credit card, front andback, or I will not be able to continue trading with them. The scan must include the last four digits of the card, the expiration date, and the security code on the back. Is this something forex brokers normally require? Thanks.

Yes, some vendors (including brokers) require a scanned copy of credit card, but normally only for the front part, including expiry dates. This is for reassurances that the credit card do belong to you.
You can use computer "paint" program to delete all the credit card numbers except the last four digits. This is standard practice!
The 3 security code numbers at the back is for verifications and which you have to enter in executing credit card charges.
Anywhere, presently it's common security practice to have to request for "Tag number" from credit card issuing bank before any transaction can be carried out online.The "Tag number" is sent only to your private registered Handphone making it more difficult for unauthorized usage.

But, having said that, I am not familiar with your broker Smart Trade and so cannot vouch for their trustworthiness.

Thank you for the information.
I wonder if any FPA members who have an account with Smart Trade have encountered any problems after providing their credit card information.

Suggest you go to top left hand side of this page, click on "Reviews & Ratings", select "Hot! Forex Brokers Reviews", look for "SmartTradeFX.com" and post your question at that forum.

Also you should post in other forums (100Forex Brokers, Donnaforex, etc) where there is a thread dedicated to "SmartTradeFX.com" and post your question there too.

I am very sure some clients or ex-clients will reply to your question. But beware of broker's representative masquerading as "satisfied" clients and feed you a load of BS.

Back