1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct usage of Scam Alerts Folder

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by AsstModerator, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

If you do have any information about a company behaving badly, then please do post it here in the Scam Alerts Folder. Include as many details as you can.

PLEASE do not use the Scam Alerts Folder for asking "Has anyone heard of a product or broker?" type questions. It is very unfair for legitimate companies to have their names brought up in subject lines in this folder. If you have a general question about a company that is listed in the FPA's reviews, ask it in that product's Forex Services Discussions area. If there is not a thread for the company you want to talk about there, there is a folder in the commerce zone called Has anyone heard of? where you can ask.

#1 AsstModerator, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Tebogo, AnangBali, Sofien234 and 2 others like this.
  2. Barbara Brooke

Barbara Brooke Recruit

Cash Galaxy Systems

Is this a scam?

nntan likes this.
  3. cowmadagan

cowmadagan Sergeant

everyone's a comedian around here...

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Barbara, please tell me that you were just attempting to be ironic.

1. It doesn't even look forex related.

2. Do you really think someone will hand you the secret to unlimited wealth for $12? Everyone knows the usual minimum price for that is a $97 EA. Look around the forums. Almost all of us are multi-billionaires now because those promises on websites are all real. If they say it on the web, it has to be true, right?

3. If you believe #2, look up the word sarcasm. If you still believe #2, there's nothing any of us can do for you.

5. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

This isn't the first time someone posted a question asking if a company is a scam in this thread. I deleted those. I've decided that this will be the last time someone does that in this thread. I'm locking the thread. I'll leave the current question about a company as an example of what not to do in the Scam Alerts Folder.

Please people! Read the instructions. How would you like it if you owned a good company and the first thing someone did was go and post here asking if your company is a scam? Do you want google finding your company's name and the word scam in the same sentence?

If you've got some reason to be suspicious, then ask here and say why you are suspicious. If there's nothing obviously suspicious, ask in the company's discussion thread. If the company isn't in the reviews yet, ask in the "Has anyone heard of?" folder...

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/has-anyone-heard/

maduet, Chriz-c, amiez and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.